The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 11-03-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Robl45

Name :
Robl45 has disabled reputation
Default Problems with Memory settings

Hope this is the right forum. Anyway, my memory seats have a mind of their own. My mirrors and sometimes my seats always seem to go where they want and not where I set them, I have to hit the button usually once or twice to get it to where it should be. Anyone have this problem and how do I fix it?

Oh Yea, Wheres the forum where I ask all my local corvette buddies to help me work on this POS.
Robl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

First off, welcome to the site. Second, what year Corvette do you have? C5? C6? And third, can you describe the problem in a bit more detail? Does it happen when you first get in? Is it the same problem each time? The more info we have, the likelier it is we can help.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Robl45

Name :

sorry, its a C5, 1999. I'm used to posting at corvette forum. Bascially, I get in, I start the car, the seat moves forward like it should but a lot of times it doesn't move all the way forward or the mirrors don't move where they should be and I have to hit the memory seat button to correct it. I'm guessing the memory module is out of wack or something.
Unread 11-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
FourG63 97GST

Name :
FourG63 97GST is on a distinguished road

hmm my seat does that too. I think its when I start the car before the seat goes to the set memory position. But its done that since I've owned so not sure if that how it suppose to work.
which memory setting do you use? 1 or 2? I use 2 so maybe its just going to one memory setting as default
Unread 11-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robl45
sorry, its a C5, 1999. I'm used to posting at corvette forum. Bascially, I get in, I start the car, the seat moves forward like it should but a lot of times it doesn't move all the way forward or the mirrors don't move where they should be and I have to hit the memory seat button to correct it. I'm guessing the memory module is out of wack or something.

Sounds like a module, almost as if it's switching back and forth between 1 and 2. I haven't had that problem in my Z ('02) but then I always hit the memory button as soon as I put the key in (unless I've unlocked the car with the FOB). My legs are so short it's hard to push in the clutch if the seats not in the set position. Do you have the "easy entry" option enabled where the seat moves all the way back to make it easier to enter or exit the car?
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Robl45

Name :

easy option is enabled. I was thinking maybe I need to swap the module out or something. I use memory position one all the time. Only use position 2 if I'm racing which I don't do because the wife yells at me.