The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 05-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But I am surprised. This from the man that will put his hand in the mouth of a snake and is concerned about what CF will think? I think not!
LOL, isn't that the truth. We ought to call Rich "The Mongoose" with all that reptile handling. Welcome to the forum R/427. Love that C3 ......Tom
Unread 05-16-2006, 06:43 PM   #22
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Rich,

I found your site today off of CF. Someone in one of the threads I was going through recommended it. I think it was in the Southeast regional section.

But I am surprised. This from the man that will put his hand in the mouth of a snake and is concerned about what CF will think? I think not!
Well I don't want to seem unfriendly to other websites. I think we should all get along together and play nice. Every forum site is different and has it's own reason for people to be there. So I just don't want anyone to think I am stepping on their toes. No, I'm not really AFRAID of pissing off someone, but I just don't want to do it. On one of my other websites, things get very intense and I get threatened with lawsuits about once a month or more. I just tell them to "bring it on". So I hope you all didn't think I was suffering a terminal case of wimplash here.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 06:43 PM   #23
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tom!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #24
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
wimplash
Uh, no. But I still cannot figure out how someone from Parkville became a snake charmer?
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #25
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Uh, no. But I still cannot figure out how someone from Parkville became a snake charmer?
Actually it wasn't intentional. It was a hobby that just became a business behind my back. People started calling ME to buy snakes from me. I never intentionally did that to make money from it. Now I have people all over the world asking for my snakes by the name of my business like some sort of brand name. Go figure. I was just doing something interesting. I work with genetics and have been fortunate enough to come up with new genetic strains. It's kind of a trip to produce something that is completely new and unique in the entire world and be the first to ever see it. And to realize these creations will now exist long after I am dead and gone. Not too many things in this world that you can do quite like that. Not tooting my own horn or anything like that, fully realizing that I am only the biggest fish in a very small pond, but it's very hard these days to be considered the top in the WORLD in anything. So I will take what I can get in that respect...
Unread 05-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #26
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I work with genetics and have been fortunate enough to come up with new genetic strains. It's kind of a trip to produce something that is completely new and unique in the entire world and be the first to ever see it. And to realize these creations will now exist long after I am dead and gone. Not too many things in this world that you can do quite like that.
You haven't met my kids, obviously. Guess I can make the same claim as you

Last edited by exile; 05-17-2006 at 12:48 AM.
exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 07:57 PM   #27
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile
You have met my kids, obviously. Guess I can make the same claim as you
Yeah, but I can SELL my creations and be done with them.
Unread 05-21-2006, 03:03 AM   #28
Rich Z

Well it looks like DigitalCorvettes didn't like me contacting a couple of their members.

Quote:
You have been banned for the following reason:
None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Guess I will have to live without that site now.....
Unread 05-21-2006, 06:11 AM   #29

Name :
Guest has disabled reputation

My take on this is that you are spamming. Your own rules say that to "please be courteous when promoting The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club by not spamming other web sites" Spam is defined as unsolicited e-mail. It is the same as the junk mail you get in the mailbox everyday.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2006, 10:44 AM   #30
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
My take on this is that you are spamming. Your own rules say that to "please be courteous when promoting The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club by not spamming other web sites" Spam is defined as unsolicited e-mail. It is the same as the junk mail you get in the mailbox everyday.
Actually you are not defining the term "spam" fully nor accurately:

Quote:
SPAM: Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.
So what I am doing fails the more accurate description of "spam" because of a couple of points:
  1. I am not offering anything of a commercial nature.
  2. The invitations are not done indiscriminately, as they are targeted exactly and ONLY to those persons who I feel may be interested in a site of this nature. i.e.: Corvette owners or enthusiasts residing in Florida.

To date I have not had one person complain about receiving one of my invitations to this site. To the contrary, most people have thanked me for setting this up and letting them know about it.

But thank you for registering here to only give me your opinion on this matter. Very kind of you.