The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 10-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default CorvetteFlorida name badges

We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Or do we? Many times I will see someone and although the face is familiar, just what IS his or her name? I'll be the first to admit that I am terrible at remembering names.

So, what the heck... maybe this would be worthwhile for the shows so we ALL don't have to fumble for names when someone walks up on us, obviously remembering who WE are but we are clueless without some help.....

Had a few minutes before thinking about hitting the hay and Connie asked me about some name badges when we go to shows, and brought this idea onto the front burner. I had already bought an Avery name badge a while back and have the software to easily create this sort of thing, so I figured I would give it a whirl...

So here's what I came up with as a quick and dirty result:

The way this works is for me to type the member names into a database, and then the program prints out pages of these name badges with the member names plugged in. I could add a field to put in your REAL NAMES as well, if you wish, but this decision would have to be made prior to filling in the data base.

Now, distribution might be an issue. Mailing one out to everyone who wants one could be a real good way to push me over the edge. Perhaps bringing them to the shows would work? Of course, then I am in a pickle when someone just walks up and says "Hi Rich! I'm here to pick up my badge..." and I have to hem and haw hoping I can fumble around long enough to get a clue about who it is I am looking for printed on the badge. I may have to do something really graceless, but helpful, such as dropping ALL the badges onto the ground and let them find their own badge...

Anyway, let me know what you think. With the Cypress Gardens and UCP shows coming up, this may be a good time to do something like this....
Unread 10-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default I'll be the 2nd to admit it then...

I think it's a great idea and they look good too.
I agree, mailing them out would be a pain and maybe the best thing would be to distribute them at the shows.
...possibly laying them out on a table (like you did with the fliers) would work, or setting up a time and place for all to meet (in the hotel lobby) in order to distribute them would work.??
Unread 10-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

I don't like badges. Just something about them. Now a t-shirt I could go for and wouldn't mind paying for the shirt and shipping charges involved.
At a show, I would notice a t-shirt with a logo before a name badge, as you wouldn't know where each individual would place theirs (this was added after Gordon's comment).
Then again, since I don't go to shows, I wouldn't need a badge and a t-shirt,
I could wear to lunch.
Just my thought.

Last edited by C5Rick; 10-26-2007 at 09:36 AM.
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I like them, and unlike the T-shirt (which I also like), they're certainly more cost effective to do.

I am usually in a T or tank top so putting them on a collar is usually not an option. I do however place them on my sleve (next to these massive guns) or on my belt as we wore our S.O. I/D's.

Picking them up at an event is certainly the way to go, if for no other reason than it gives you one more shot at putting the face with the name.

Just tell me when where and how much?

Thanks for thinking about this

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

I like them and we do need a shirt
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

I like the badge idea too.

But when it comes to shirts, what does everyone agree on. The existing logo without a name would be very easy to do. But i kept hearing things like mine needs to have a C-3 on it or what about my online name, etc.....

If we can agree on a simple design they are very doable.

Charter Member #64
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
I like the badge idea too.

But when it comes to shirts, what does everyone agree on. The existing logo without a name would be very easy to do. But i kept hearing things like mine needs to have a C-3 on it or what about my online name, etc.....

If we can agree on a simple design they are very doable.

Who said C3? But (almost seriously) I like the t-shirt idea also. I'm not sure how to resolve the name issue on a t-shirt though.

Maybe another variation on the theme. Ynkedad has his Corvettes Anonymous t shirt with his black (and awesome) vette pictured on the back.

Maybe a shirt with our forums symbol on the front, then if you choose you could get your favorite vehicle on da back (on your own) and your name too should you wish to.
Unread 10-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Hey Steve the DJ, Nice going. I like what you did with the badges. Very nice touch. Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Talking

SM
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #10
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

The badge idea sounds great...the tee shirt angle may not work since some of us are in clubs and at the shows we are showing our colors...Will not be at the shows mentioned so getting the badge may be a problem for me as well as others in same predicament...
als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote