The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 07-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default '57 Corvette project car - $30,000

I'm selling a 1957 Corvette project car, VIN #E57S104334. It's in very poor condition. Just about every molecule needs some kind of repair or replacement.

Originally this Corvette was white with a red interior, and was factory equipped with a manual transmission, carbureted engine, heater/defroster, power soft top, AM radio, courtesy lights, and power windows. It didn't have a hard top when new. The current rear end is an open 3.55. I don't know if that's the original ratio. The Florida title is clear (NOT salvage) and the car is legally licensed with 1957 Alabama plates. Both of the original frame VIN stampings are there and legible. However, I'm certain the stock-appearing VIN plate I got with the car is actually a reproduction.

I bought the body and chassis in Florida last summer. Evidently this '57 had been badly wrecked decades ago and then stripped for parts. The body fiberglass (from the firewall back) and the mangled frame were left outside for many years. It looks like someone attempted to repair the chassis by replacing the front cross-member assembly. However, they didn't bother to straighten the front frame horns or the bent steering column first.

The body is a patchwork of panels needing major repair. The front outer fiberglass is a one-piece hand-laid nose made by "Legendary Corvette". The doors, firewall, dash, and deck lid appear to be original to this car. The hood, front fenderwells, radiator core support, quarter panels, and trunk lid fiberglass came from other '56 - '57 Corvettes.

This '57 has most, but not all, of the big parts needed to get it back on the road. For example, the body is now sitting on a never-rusty, straight '56 chassis. The original frame also comes with this '57, but it is still twisted. I've already cut out and blasted the original driver's side frame rail. I intended to transfer it to the '56 frame.

Almost all of the chrome and stainless body trim pieces are present. The engine is a '65 283 core that is disassembled. It needs a .040" over-bore and rebuild. The transmission is a later Borg Warner 4-speed with a '57 - '59 Corvette shifter. The interior is a white vinyl custom job that was done around 1970. All gauges except the clock are there. I also have the signal-seeking radio and speaker assembly, but they don't work. I have very few screws, nuts, bolts, and fasteners.

The following significant parts are missing: power window switches / motors, power top mechanism, windshield glass, jack / handle, spare cover, trunk cardboard / mat, engine fan shroud, front wheelwell stainless trim, clutch linkage, ignition shielding w/brackets, carburetor / air cleaner, distributor, horns, and probably thousands of small parts that I can't remember right now.

If you don't want some of the parts, I'll consider an offer much lower than $30,000 based on omitting items you don't want. For example, if you don't want the '56 rolling chassis, I'll deduct $3,500 from the price. If you don't want the stock gauges and radio, I'll deduct another $750. The 283, 4-speed, and driveshaft are worth $1,000, and so on. You can base your offer on only those parts of this package that you want to own. Incidentally, the $30,000 price is fair in my opinion. It's less than I've spent in the last year on this project.

My name is Jerry Bramlett, and I live in Mobile, Alabama. I can be reached at (251) 478-4003 from 8 am to 9 pm Central Time. I'll be glad to send many photos to anyone who is seriously interested.

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote