• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

So how much do you think a C6 Z06 will be...

SIINSI

The New Guy
in about 9 months or so? I just sold my 2002 Z06 and I'm hoping that in about 9 month to a year I can pick up a used one with super low miles. Think they'll be at sticker by then? ;) :D JK Seriously, any guesses at what hey *may* go for. I of course understand it would just be a guess. I haven't been in the Vette world for very long but, I figure some of you "vets" may have a good idea :)

Thanks,
Miguel

My guess is that they will remain high. Chevrolet is making only a limited number of the new Z's. There is no flood of the market. Chevrolet can keep their price relatively high and so will the "Preowwned" market as well, I suspect:nonod: .........Tom

My guess would be that it should be below sticker. It will be at least a year old by then, and more and more will be on the streets. I hope I am right, because I want a second vette...:D

I think they are going to sell at sticker or very close to sticker for some time. A lot of people want them, and I am one of them.

naples said:
I think they are going to sell at sticker or very close to sticker for some time. A lot of people want them, and I am one of them.
You and me:thumbsup:

I've noticed a little bit of a drop lately. My guess is sticker or a little less depending on the mileage.

A friend of mine just ordered a blue 07' Z06 from Ed Morse Chevrolet for 5K over sticker, he's advertising here on the Forum.

i have been told by a local dealer that they will sell c6z's at sticker with no extra dealer mark up. if you are interested i can get you the the name of the salesman and his number so you can check it out. i dont know if it is actually true because i dont have the cash to find out, but if you are looking for one, it would be worth a try. the sales manager and a salesman both told me this last week.

I heard somewhere that GM is raising the sticker price on the '07 Z06 $5,000. Guess they figured that if the dealers can charge so much over sticker, then they can certainly get away with a bigger piece of that pie.

Rich Z said:
I heard somewhere that GM is raising the sticker price on the '07 Z06 $5,000. Guess they figured that if the dealers can charge so much over sticker, then they can certainly get away with a bigger piece of that pie.

:banghead: Just like the power companies, insurance, and taxes:banghead:

I'll wait until they come down to $1,000,000,000.00

I would love to pick one up in the $60s price range one year.

That's alot of cans to collect. :hehehe:

Image2_t.jpg

As far a prices, I see whats happening with C5's and C5Z's right now. A lot of people are having a tough time unloading them due to the changes in the C6. Hell, if what I read is correct, we;re probably in for another change in a couple of years? If so, the same thing will likely happen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...we allow this to happen. The longer they sit in inventory, they lower they'll go;)

But many of the posts I see on other forums, people have to have the biggest, newest, fastest, best and are willing to pay rediculous fees for them???

A friend just bought a new C6Z. Had it a few months and ordered a NEW one because of the "new" features:rolleyes:

I look at it this way. There's ALWAYS going to be someone bigger, badder or faster (found that out during martial arts competitions:rofl1: ) out there, and unless you're a full on racer. Then you've lost streetability and enjoyment of your ride:(

The prices are rediculous and only so high because the market (us) allows it.

Personally, I'm gonna wait a year or 2 and find an older C6 with low miles and then buy the Z fenders. The look is really the only thing I care about anyway. I absolutely LOVE the flared fenders:thumbsup:

You can mod a base C6 to spank the crap outta a stock Z anyway and pay as you go so you do not have to finance it;).

Suicide King said:
I would love to pick one up in the $60s price range one year.

That's alot of cans to collect. :hehehe:

I believe I saw an orange colored '06 Z06 on Ebay with a BUY IT NOW price of $68K........ I think it was yesterday, matter of fact.

The issue is the hand built engine issue from what I understand. They can only make so many. Personally I love my '03 which I purhased new and don't abuse. I look at the new Z kinda like the early 90's ZR-1 situation. They have outpriced many true Corvette enthusiats but the demand is still (currently) there. We all know what a Corvette is and isn't--especially those like me, involved with them most of their lives. As much as I might consider a new Z someday, I am "disappointed" by many of the roadtests. By that I mean that this new Z may be more of a "race car" than I really want--although it is a phenomenal value. Prices will drop, especially if the rumors of a C7 in 2009 are true.:wavey:

What about the rumors of the "Blue Devil"? Supposedly a SUPER VETTE. Anyone heard anything about that? With all the aftermarket options available, I can't see why GM wouldn't take the plunge and put a factory FI Corvette in their lineup.

I would guess that by March/April of '07 most dealers will be down to MSRP for the Z06, but I could be wrong. :shrug01:

I got mine for MSRP, but only because of my history with the dealership. Their standard markup right now is $5K.

Seems they got tired of folks buying their allotments for the '06 model year at MSRP and then turning around and selling it on ebay for $15K more. So, they decided to mark them up themsleves for the '07 model year.

They knew I would treasure the car and bring it to them for service, as they have always treated me like a king with my Camaro SS, so I have no hesitation to let them service my Z when the need arises. :thumbsup:

I waited for an '07 because I didn't want the first year C6 Z06. :NoNo:

I've herad many rumors about the Blue Devil/Stingray/SS 2900 lbs 650 bhp, possible '08 model introduction, but nothing definite.

GM's gonna need that to counter Dodge's Diamondback Viper! :eek:

Many dealers including Kerbecks are offering them at MSRP while there are a handful that will discount off MSRP.
Bill Heard Chevrolet in Sugar land, TX is a good one to deal with.

Yeah, I've been reading that there are quite a few of the Z06s now sitting on lots waiting for buyers instead of having them all presold before delivery. With the end of the year coming up, I suspect the dealers may be offering anyone sniffing around them some extra incentives to buy.

Back