The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 10-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation
Default RU Goin' to Speed World Drags?

Don't know how many are planning on attending the World Street Racing being held at Speed World in Bithlo on Rt. 50 ( just east of Orlando), but I'm getting ready to head out there today for qualification runs. Begins today thru Sunday at Noon till... Cost $20.00 per person per day. This has proven to be some of the wildest street car racing in the past. I don't mean your coffee can specials, but real honest to gosh all out race cars that are just barely street legal. Big wheel standing, loud, and fast monsters.
I'll be there in a straw hat, but doubt we'll hook up with the tons of people. If you do see me, say HI. I'll be taking lots of photos and some video. Hope to post later. Glenn
No, my wild blown vette won't be racing. Motor is only now beginning to go back together. Bummer.
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
Red 69

Name :
Red 69 has disabled reputation

Hey-Glenn, I visited the Thursday Race Rock cruise associated with the 'Real Street Nationals' held at OSWD. There were some BAD ASSE cars there, but only some of the cars entered in the race showed. Maybe I left too early, about 5 pm. I avoided the cruise in the past thinking it would be too crowded, but found parking immediately in the Olive Garden restaurant next door. Also, I found that anybody can drop in to show their car, so next year I will get a prime parking spot. Last year I only attended qualification races on Saturday and they left an impression. They definately attract the BADDEST street legal cars anywhere. This year I may only make it to the finals on Sunday. Hope to see you there!

Last edited by Red 69; 10-28-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Red 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation
Default I'm Back From Speed World...WOW!

It's around midnight and I'm just getting in from a full day of qualifications. Here are only a few of the photos I took.
This is of a VERY fast '56 Vette in Super Pro Street. They run down in the low 7's and upper 6's just around 200 MPH! He got out of shape on both of his qualification runs today (Friday)

This '64 was a strong runner. Note the turbo opening and hugh exhaust in the front.

They had one very bad accident. One of the Pro cars got out of shape at about the 90' mark, hooked hard into the guardrail, went airborn, and flipped on top of the guardrail, then cartwheel'd into the safety grass in front of the spectators after barrel rolling several more times. The car is a total write off, ($100,000!!) but he stepped out and waved to the crowd. Took over an hour to fix the guard rails.

One last photo of a FORD Mustang doing a wheel stand.
If anyone else goes this weekend, go early. Took an hour to get a ticket (4 lines out to Rt. 50) & then get into the infield. Enjoy. Glenn

Here's a new link I just got from Friday's show that has the crash photos 'in-the-air' shots of the GTO, plus lots of other great photos. Check it out!

>http://competitionplus.com/g1/album752?page=11
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!

Last edited by Mr. Blue; 10-29-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote