The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 05-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Hell, I like dogs as much as the next person, but any one of them that comes onto my property and threatens me is liable to wind up on the wrong side of a 12 gauge.
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #12
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Hell, I like dogs as much as the next person, but any one of them that comes onto my property and threatens me is liable to wind up on the wrong side of a 12 gauge.
Note it didn't happen a third time.And I've had a problem from time to time with male cats.I would not go out of my way to harm any animal as long as the animal respects my territory .All 10 acres.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #13
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I'm with you here. We have the vette under a carport with a cover but the feral cats in the neighborhood climb up the cover at the back (the cover is getting shredded) and then sleep on top of the car. We find fur and sand but no pee yet. Haven't seen scratches either but they may be there. We have some of those big water pistols we shoot at them with if we see them around the property. The dogs go crazy when they see them, but the cats are smart. They know the dogs are in the fence and they are safe just on the other side or on top of the 6 foot wooden part. It really pisses me off though. Some people left their cats behind when they moved and now there is a population of feral cats that no one owns. Animal control can only do so much and we can't kill them, it's not their fault they're stray. One good point though is the lack of rats the last few years Guess it's an ok trade-off. Hope you can get the smell out of your vette
Unread 05-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Your population of birds in the area is probably taking a hit as well. We have birds sometimes roosting on our porch that sometimes get snagged by the cats that come around at night.

I've had lots of cats as pets when I was growing up, but those critters can make a HUGE negative impact on the local native fauna. What people do with their own property is up to them, but they really need to keep them off of my property. Problem is, cats will kill just for the fun of it. Wish there were some owls big enough around here to even the score a bit.