The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 03-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #21
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

They say warm weather kills it. So we will see soon as hot weather is coming.

I put off buying a new Vette for now.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #22
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, it seems to survive in the 98.6 degree human body just fine. And there are countries near the equator that have it, so I'm not so sure about that heat thing.

Yeah, I know what you mean about putting off things. I'm stalling on buying the extended warranty for my Jeep GC TrailHawk.

And I'm working on the exhaust on the vette thinking that if I get sick, I may not feel much like doing something like that. My elbow is still hurting a bit, but screw it. I can't wait forever for some things.
Unread 03-11-2020, 03:29 AM   #23
Rich Z

Virus Threat: Florida Governor Declares State of Emergency
Unread 03-13-2020, 12:39 AM   #24
Rich Z

Seeing one site now claiming 50 confirmed infections from COVID-19.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en
Unread 03-13-2020, 08:06 PM   #25
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Nancy said she watched the Governor address the state and she felt comfortable .She is in an isolated community with not a lot of people contact unless she wants .

Up here in Maine there are no confirmed cases but three possible .I'm sure it'll get here .My only grip is that I have port a potties on my job sites and people steal the toilet paper .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #26
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
My only grip is that I have port a potties on my job sites and people steal the toilet paper .
Buy that cheap sandpaper the military calls toilet paper.
Unread 03-14-2020, 08:57 AM   #27
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Stores are being cleaned out of stuff. Went food shopping this AM and got what i needed and it was already nuts.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2020, 01:53 PM   #28
Rich Z

Hand sanitizers are nearly impossible to find in many parts of the country now. Same with face masks of just about any type.

Quite a few states have declared a state of emergency. Yesterday Trump declared a national emergency over this virus. People are now waving red flags all over the place, and people are starting to open up their eyes to see what is going on around the world. And now it is coming to their own neighborhood.

The more people who realize what is going on, the more are going to figure out that there is a very great likelihood that they might wind up being locked down, either voluntarily or involuntarily, in their homes when quarantines are put into place. Not to mention that eventually truck drivers will either be sick or afraid of becoming sick, and deliveries to grocery stores might taper off to a trickle. Got the gas tanks in your vehicles topped off? Gasoline supplies can vanish too. Not that you want to be taking pleasure cruises now, but you might have to go out for an emergency and find the gas stations all closed. Too bad for you if you only have under a quarter tank of gasoline.

If you haven't already begun to prepare, you may find that some things you just took for granted you could buy are just no longer available. Imagine fighting with someone in the parking lot over a pack of toilet paper. Imagine people breaking into your home just to steal toilet paper. Think it can't happen? People have become used to getting what they want, whenever they want it. So if you are prepared, I suggest not widely advertising that fact to your neighbors. They might be great people in normal times, but we are rapidly approaching very abnormal times, and they could become very different people then.

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
Unread 03-14-2020, 02:17 PM   #29
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

https://www.facebook.com/captclayhig...2149719269015/
Unread 03-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #30
Rich Z

Personally, I believe that the USA got caught with it's pants down. I can understand the empathy behind Americans caught on a cruise ship and bringing them home, but it appears that the quarantine around them was lacking. Look at where all the eruptions of new infections is the highest in the USA. They should have all been taken to someplace remote at least until the people in charge understood what they were dealing with. And under no circumstances within the continental USA.

China completely isolated a city with 11 million residents and tanked their economy over this. They obviously KNEW something important about this. America just ignored that big red flag, and continued along, business as usual. By the time flights to and from China were blocked, many other countries already had cases, yet they were not being blocked as well. Was even any effort made to track down anyone coming from China within the past 14 days before the lockdown? Wouldn't that have been a logical move?

Even by February 29th, Americans were only "urged" to not go to Italy and South Korea. It wasn't until this week that an actual ban was imposed, LONG after the virus was putting Italy in dire straits. And long after there have been enough people carrying the contagion have already entered the USA and contagion spreading out of control. Did the USA know that asymptomatic victims can spread this disease or not? If not, why not? I knew it, and I certainly don't have the resources that they should for information of this nature.

And then there is the CDC. I couldn't have written a more bumbling idiot script for them any better than they wrote for themselves. Testing could have prevented many infections if people knew they were infected and reacted appropriately. But even long after the virus had spread outside of China, they insisted that tests would only be done to people (1) showing symptoms, and (2) either been to China or in contact from someone who had been in China in the past 14 days. Then they announced that the tests were inconclusive and defective. Then tests required several levels of hoops to jump through for anyone to be tested. And most people had no clue what those hoops were or where. Then I heard that a critical reagent needed for the tests to work was suddenly unavailable. As far as I know, tests are still limited and difficult to be obtained. And who knows what the hoops are now to qualify for testing?

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...avirus/607999/

For the money that we pay for the CDC out of our taxes, exactly what are we getting for our money? Obviously it wasn't spent to be prepared for an event of this nature, so what have they been doing with all that money?

How will America look when this is in our rear-view mirror? Well in my opinion, I hope the CDC should all be in the unemployment lines. Or worse.

And those people tasked with our protection and well being, well, they just need to get their head out of their ass. I'm just a nobody and a know-nothing, but even I could see what was coming LONG before it was impossible to do the right things to, if not stop it, at least contain it with minimal spread. Yeah, it would have been hard decisions to have to make, but sometimes those decisions MUST be made by the people put into positions to make them.

IMHO.