• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Autocross July 13th - Charlotte County Motorsports Park

Rich427

'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16
The Corvettes of Naples is holding an NCCC low speed autocross on July 13th, at Charlotte County Motorsports Park, located at the Charlotte County Airport on Piper Road in Punta Gorda.

This is a 7 sanction event (14 runs) limited to the first 50 drivers.
Sanction #s FL276-058, 059, 060, 061, 062, 063, and 064.
Snell SA or M 1995 to 2005 helmets are required.

Entry Fees :
received by July 5th $50
received July 6th or later $60
entrants fee has been reduced in lieu of awards (no trophies)

Registration and Tech Inspection - 8:00 - 9:10
Drivers meeting - 9:20
First car out - 9:30

Contact Information:

Event Chairman - Steve Goodbread 239-267-1238 sbgoodbread@comcast.net

Make checks out to Corvettes of Naples and send them to

Steve Goodbread
17660 Broadway Avenue
Ft. Myers Beach, Florida

If you have always wanted to see how your Vette handles, here is your opportunity. This would be a great event to have some of our members cruise to. Punta Gorda is not all that far from all the members up in the Bradenton/Tampa area. Should be a good time.

Have any questions about the event, contact Steve, the event chair, or if you have a general question, just ask me and I'll try to get you an answer.

Rich

It's been a while since I autocrossed and I have a helmet that's itching for a run or 2:thumbsup:

I think I may attend this one if i get the rear wheel bearings changed in time.

What safety gear is required for this event? This should be an awesome experience. :thumbsup:

I used to do SCCA events and they required a Snell/ANSI approved helmet (pretty standard stuff), closed toed shoes, and that everything that is loose in the car, even paperwork, be removed or secured (ie: fastened down).

I'd guess this one is probably the same?

Sorry Guys,

I just got back from North Carolina, and did not have computer access to take care of your questions.

Please call Steve Goodbread, who is the event chairperson to make sure that we get your registrations squared away. I have not been involved in the planning stages, so I do want to give you any incorrect information. We are hoping to have a nice event.

Thanks, Joe/Deb and everyone else that is looking to try this event.

If you have any difficulties at all in contacting Steve, please get back to me and I will do what I can to get you through.

Rich

Just a reminder that this event is coming up on Sunday, July 13th. There is still room to register, so if you are interested please contact Steve Goodbread from Corvettes of Naples. His contact information is in the original post.

Now that you guys have made all of those mods, ...put your Vette on the dyno, ...here is your opportunity to see just how well it handles between the cones!. Grab your helmet and join some guys from Corvettes of Naples at the Charlotte County Motorsports Part in Punta Gorda on July 13th.

Rich

I have procrastinated on this and now it's next weekend. Crap. Do I still have time to get one car in? Jeeze.

Yes you do. Just get in touch with Steve Goodbread with the contact information in the original post. We expected this event to sell out very quickly, but we still have plenty of room.

Rich

I took some pictures of the autocross they are so bad it is embarassing. There were about 15 to 20 cars participating. It really looked like fun, I have not autocrssed for over 20 years, I may have to try it again. Two accidents one new C6 vert hit the wall in the back quarter and sustained a lot of damage also a C5 was I guess a little too aggressive in the banking at the bottom and his front end hit the track, he will need a new bumper. A lttle rain but a lot of racing. Anyone who did not attend really missed a good time if you like vettes at speed.:thumbsup:

I had a good time. Thanks for letting me sign in late.
I got to make a couple of runs before the rain and I am sorry I didn't stay after the rain to get a few more runs in. I didn't get any pics, the battery in my camera was d.o.a.
I want to make it to the next one, a little more prepared tho.
I guess I need to join a club so I can collect some points.

Joe B.

I had a good time. Thanks for letting me sign in late.
I got to make a couple of runs before the rain and I am sorry I didn't stay after the rain to get a few more runs in. I didn't get any pics, the battery in my camera was d.o.a.
I want to make it to the next one, a little more prepared tho.
I guess I need to join a club so I can collect some points.

Joe B.

Hey Joe,

Sorry I was not able to make it today. I was going to try to get up there since I was hawking the event for the club, but I had a lot of things to do today. I am going to be off line for a few days. I am having my knee replaced early tomorrow morning and that had to take priority.

Glad you had a good time and I will let you know when the next event will be. Hopefully, my knee will be healed and I can run as well.

Rich

Here are some pics:
CharlotteCounty008.jpg

CharlotteCounty014.jpg

CharlotteCounty017.jpg

CharlotteCounty016.jpg

CharlotteCounty013.jpg

CharlotteCounty012.jpg

CharlotteCounty011.jpg

CharlotteCounty010.jpg

CharlotteCounty009.jpg

CharlotteCounty006.jpg

CharlotteCounty005.jpg

Hey Joe,

Sorry I was not able to make it today. I was going to try to get up there since I was hawking the event for the club, but I had a lot of things to do today. I am going to be off line for a few days. I am having my knee replaced early tomorrow morning and that had to take priority.

Glad you had a good time and I will let you know when the next event will be. Hopefully, my knee will be healed and I can run as well.

Rich

Rich,Good luck on your surgery,heal up soon,If you need someone to start all the vette's while your down,just let me know:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Get better soon:thumbsup:

Rich,Good luck on your surgery,heal up soon,If you need someone to start all the vette's while your down,just let me know:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Get better soon:thumbsup:

Thanks BM,

Just got home yesterday and the knee is still pretty painful. I have the cars squared away. They are on Battery Tenders, plus the wife can start them. My guess is that I will be down for about a month. I'll know more over the next few days.

Rich

Thanks BM,

Just got home yesterday and the knee is still pretty painful. I have the cars squared away. They are on Battery Tenders, plus the wife can start them. My guess is that I will be down for about a month. I'll know more over the next few days.

Rich

Heal up soon buddy:wavey:

Back