The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 10-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default C6 Z06 go bye bye.....

Well, I only drove it 220 miles last year. Only had it out twice in 2019. I decided I wanted a vehicle I would just drive more. There were things I liked about it, and things I didn't like about it, and I guess the "didn't likes" won out.

So on 10-02-2019 Connie and I drove it down to a Jeep dealer in Bradenton (Firkins) and traded it in on a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

But not just any old Grand Cherokee....

So that leaves just the blue C5Z remaining. Which is still in a shop after 6 months. Quite honestly, unless that car becomes driveable with strange noises or other headaches, quite likely that one will get moved along too. Life is growing too short for me to be putting up with headaches.
Unread 02-13-2020, 04:31 PM   #2
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

I am gonna wait it out for the C8 and see how it does. I am scared to touch a C7 with the 8 speed auto. I see a few used 2014's with the 6 speed auto around my area and that would be the only C7 i would take a chance on.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Is that the super charged 6.4?
Unread 02-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #4
Rich Z

Nope.

There is a 6.4L naturally aspirated engine in the SRT model. The supercharged hemi engine in the Trackhawk model is a 6.2L hemi.

Both cost more than I wanted to spend. So I got the 5.7L hemi that was an option for the Trailhawk. The other models weren't trail rated anyway, which I kind of wanted for the 4x4 capability.

For what it is, weighing over 5,000 lbs, the Grand Cherokee with that 5.7 hemi is actually pretty peppy. Not a Corvette, of course, but it will do.

All in all, it's actually quite a nice vehicle. Got a whole lot more doodads and comfort amenities than you get with a Jeep Wrangler.
Unread 02-15-2020, 12:09 PM   #5
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Nope.

There is a 6.4L naturally aspirated engine in the SRT model. The supercharged hemi engine in the Trackhawk model is a 6.2L hemi.

Both cost more than I wanted to spend. So I got the 5.7L hemi that was an option for the Trailhawk. The other models weren't trail rated anyway, which I kind of wanted for the 4x4 capability.

For what it is, weighing over 5,000 lbs, the Grand Cherokee with that 5.7 hemi is actually pretty peppy. Not a Corvette, of course, but it will do.

All in all, it's actually quite a nice vehicle. Got a whole lot more doodads and comfort amenities than you get with a Jeep Wrangler.
I had a 2013 RAM R/T reg cab with the 5.7 and never gave me trouble the 2.5 years i had it.

I was at the dealer today looking at that modded 2014 C7. Sounded good when i started it. Has headers and Borla exhaust. Car looked like it was drove thru mud when i saw under the hood. Car had not been prepped yet.

Kinda scary buying a modded car if you don't know who did the work or what all was really done.
Unread 02-15-2020, 12:33 PM   #6
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
I had a 2013 RAM R/T reg cab with the 5.7 and never gave me trouble the 2.5 years i had it.

I was at the dealer today looking at that modded 2014 C7. Sounded good when i started it. Has headers and Borla exhaust. Car looked like it was drove thru mud when i saw under the hood. Car had not been prepped yet.

Kinda scary buying a modded car if you don't know who did the work or what all was really done.
Yeah, I hear that. Could be like my C5Z before I fixed all the problems done by the people who modded it for me.

If it were me and I were serious about wanting to buy it, I would want to take a look underneath to look for signs of damage. It might have gone through mud when someone went off the road with it. If the salesguy knew the true history of it, they sure wouldn't tell you anything that might kill the sale.
Unread 02-15-2020, 03:38 PM   #7
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

good guys drive white .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2020, 04:27 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
good guys drive white .
After feeling how well the roof of the white Wrangler we have reflected the summer heat, it seemed the obvious choice for Florida.
Unread 02-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #9
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, I hear that. Could be like my C5Z before I fixed all the problems done by the people who modded it for me.

If it were me and I were serious about wanting to buy it, I would want to take a look underneath to look for signs of damage. It might have gone through mud when someone went off the road with it. If the salesguy knew the true history of it, they sure wouldn't tell you anything that might kill the sale.
I would have to take a look under the car and see if it has any Cats and really drive it around to see if it over heats. Also would make them give me a Warranty. At least it has the 6 speed auto so no 8 speed to worry about. It is a Z51 with under 20k miles. Inside looked dirty as well, body looked very good.
Unread 02-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #10
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
I would have to take a look under the car and see if it has any Cats and really drive it around to see if it over heats. Also would make them give me a Warranty. At least it has the 6 speed auto so no 8 speed to worry about. It is a Z51 with under 20k miles. Inside looked dirty as well, body looked very good.
Check the paint to make sure it wasn't abused. If the interior is dirty, then perhaps whoever owned it prior just didn't treat it like most people want to have their Corvette treated.

Did you CarFax it?