The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 01-21-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
FullTilt
FullTilt

Name :
FullTilt has disabled reputation
Default You think you are fast? NOW BACK IT UP! - Quest for the fastest - TV show

As some of you probably know, I've been matching up fast cars and bikes and video taping the action for years. The first stuff I put out predates YouTube by a long spell. The initial hype and fascination with this kind 'street'-like roll racing is still there. Before the video sharing sites were up and going, this kind of stuff was a challenge to spread around. Now, there is a lot of it.

However, really good content with great filming techniques is still hard to come by. There is something integrally difficult in filming side by side racing that goes more than a quarter mile - especially when you are flirting with the 200mph barrier.

So this is the latest project I've been working on. It is a show called Now Back it Up! The concept is simple. I aim to find the fastest vehicle in the country through a series of fun and entertaining eliminations culminating in a set of semi-finals and then the actual final event.

Tons of people think they are the fastest - few actually prove it. On the internet, accountability is sorely lacking. Now Back It Up! will methodically work through a set of 54 competitors, cars, bikes, trikes, anything as long as it is street legal and plated.

We were granted permission to film side by side racing at the Texas Mile land speed event during the lunch breaks, which was a privilege. During our short access to the course, we filmed 60 mile per hour roll contests from the quarter mile marker to the 3/4 mile marker for a clean half mile roll.

Though we had 14 committed people coming into the weekend, a full 10 of them backed out, broke, no-showed, etc., which left me scrambling to put a full slate of contestants out there. Luckily, being at the Texas Mile was hugely helpful. Found a total of 12 cars and 4 bikes that were eager and willing to run.

Did a single elimination format for both the cars and the bikes. We were not allowed to run the cars and bikes side by side. It was enough of a concession that they let me run a camera bike behind to capture the action. In the future, we'll have the cars and bikes running together, I hope.

In any case, here is a little teaser from our Now Back It Up! Texas Mile Special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgwZWcraqd4
FullTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You know, you can embed YouTube video within a post here...

Anyway, looks like an interesting concept...
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
FullTilt
FullTilt

Name :
FullTilt has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
You know, you can embed YouTube video within a post here...

Anyway, looks like an interesting concept...

Thanks for the tip.

And the comment.
FullTilt is offline   Reply With Quote