The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 12-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #51
Brian@Adams
Wax Guy

Name :
Brian@Adams is on a distinguished road

Bottom line, even if Adams products arent the best out there (which I think they are), Adam takes the time to talk to anyone and gives the best customer service of any place I have purchased anything from. So to me, that is worth its weight in gold.

I met with a group of Vette owners today for lunch and we talked car care products for a moment and they all commented on how much shine my car had and what I was using. I simply said Adams and they all said they were interested in trying some stuff out when their current supply of whatever they were using was out.
Unread 12-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #52
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
You have made a comment earlier that you have met FM and you are using his products and you like them. That is great for you! I am assuming that you have never used Adam's, so why don't you try them and compare to FM's products? You have nothing to lose. You can give the forum members a first hand comparison and if you don't like them, Adam will refund 110% of your purchase price and pay for what ever replacement product you chose. Like I said, you have nothing to lose!
I'm not a big fan of negative marketing either, but we don't know FM's motives directly, as he has stated nothing yet other than he would like to know the formula, and he did infer that they may be watered down, but in all fairness, no one has argued with that claim yet.

I would like to try Adam's products to give it a head to head, with his guarantee it is no risk, but most of his kits are too pricey for me.

Maybe I'll order some of his spray wax, tire dressing, and wheel cleaner and see how it stacks up. Because those 3 products from FM are incredible.

Also, I'm sure if anyone in this thread asked, FM would be happy to tell the formula in grape gloss, just no one has asked.

If there are any Adam's users in the pasco/hernando/citrus area, I'd be happy to bring my Flash stuff and have a detailing party
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2006, 07:53 AM   #53
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
I would like to apologize to most of the members on this board. I thought I was passing on good information to fellow Vette owners. I just tried to give you my opinion of some Car Care Products (Adam's) that were new to me and I felt were better than what I was previously using (Zaino) and the amazing service that I received from Adam, himself, and a couple of his local reps (Brad and Dale). I did not realize, nor did I want this thread to turn into a pissing contest.
Rich, I just wanted to let you know that I did not start this thread because of your review of Adam's. If you look back at some of my posts here and on Z06Vette, I've been touting Adam's products and service for quite a while. I just thought I was passing on a good sale for those that want to experience the customer service and products of Adam's that we've been talking about here.

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #54
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Scott,

I know that you were just doing what I was doing, which was trying to pass good information to the members of the site! You and I are on the same page.

Over the last few years, I was very happy with the finish that I received from my Zaino products. There were just a couple application quirks that I did not like, mixing Z2 with ZFX, did I mix too much because after mixing it has a shelf life, etc. But the finish product was great. Based on info I got here from Jeff, you and others, I tried Adam's stuff and found them to be as good or better than Sal Zaino's. But if I had to go back to the Z stuff, I would not be terribly upset. It is that good! It was the ease of application, the service they provide and the guarantee that sold me on Adam's!

I really don't care what people use on their cars, I just don't like to see people try to sell their products by attempting to knock or degrade others. As an example, I was in Carlisle one year (still being in Maryland, Spring, Fall, and Corvette Carlisle are rights of passage!) and was thinking of buying a lift for my 3 car garage at my current house. If you have never been, there are vendors galore for every car product you can think of. So, I went around to the lift vendors on the fairgrounds and was very disappointed in one vendors approach. I won't tell you their name in fear of another pissing contest starting, but you might characterize them as a "friend behind your house". I had always had a high regard for their product but when I talked to their sales rep all I heard was how terrible the products were of their competition. This immediately turned me off even though I know they have a good product and in this industry there are some poor products as well. I just would have preferred that he pitch me on the positives of his equipment.

Fortunately, I decided to build a new house in Florida and I put a four car garage on the Ft. Myers house, so the need for a lift went by the wayside (for the moment). But that sales pitch has never left me! If, or probably more likely, when I buy another Vette, the lift will come back into play and I promise you I will not select that particular vendor because of their marketing strategy! That is just my opinion and maybe I am the only one that feels that way.

I hope everyone is as happy with their car care products as I am with mine!

Thanks for sending the note Scott!

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #55
Adams 1

Name :
Adams 1 has disabled reputation

Wow, did we ruffle some feathers here! Mr. Flash, I would like to apologize, as we have clearly put you on the defensive. I did not intend to come to Corvette Florida and muddy the waters, nor do I wish to make an enemy. We are here because of an invitation by a member, who thought we could help other members achieve great results on their cars.

I hope the members reading use products that work the best for them. I've got close friends that prefer Zaino products to ours, and we still have dinner together! I've got other friends that use Optimum and Menzerna, and have urged me to develop a product to 'one-up' them. I can't ask anyone to use our products unless they prefer them to others on the market.

Please, accept my apology, as it has never been my intention to injure, nor put on the defense. If you would like to discuss formulations, it would be my pleasure. My cell is 310-344-4290, and email is adam@adamspolishes.com.

Again, I'm sorry to have put you on the defense, and hope to win your friendship, or at minimum, your respect.

Good evening, and please contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

-Adam
Adams 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 11:02 AM   #56
Brian@Adams
Wax Guy

Name :
Brian@Adams is on a distinguished road

Still a few days left to take advantage of the 15 percent discount to order some Christmas goodness!

Merry Christmas everyone!