The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Inappropriate replies to posted classified ads

Recently we had a situation in this forum that embarrasses me to review. I would rather not get into details nor point fingers at anyone, so let me just make a general statement about what is hoped for from all who participate within this site and in particular concerning posted advertisements.

No one posting a classified ad on this site wants to, nor needs to be, heckled by anyone else because of the content, target audience, or their presentation of the ad. Such actions are very unbecoming of what I hope this site will become. I want to be proud of what we are building here, and I want to have everyone who comes to this site be proud to be here. To publicly belittle someone because they may think differently about some things than you do is really inappropriate with the goals of this site in mind. Further, I personally would be embarrassed to hear ANYONE refer to this site in a derogatory manner because of the actions of a few, and in particular I would hate to think that anyone would use such incidents to develop a dim and unflattering view of Corvette owners in general.

So I think I am on pretty solid ground when I say that anything you do or say on this site is going to reflect upon not only all of us members of this site, but perhaps a much wider audience that may not appreciate being lumped together with those sorts of labels someone being unfairly and inappropriately belittled might use to describe their attackers.

So I am asking you all to be a bit more circumspect about your actions in a public forum such as this. There are many ways to say something, and not all of them are going to be putting you (and us by association) in the best of light. So please, try to curb the impulse to denigrate someone on this site simply because they might like something you don't, or don't like something that you do. That is not what this is all about. We all all different individuals and the world is certainly big enough for us all.

Anyway, I do hope I wasn't too obtuse in beating around the bush here without citing an example. Those who know what I am talking about are the ones it is targeted towards. Those who don't, well, I think the general gist of what I am saying is probably sufficient to get my point across.

Thank you.

Rich Z.
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

Well put Rich!
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Circumspect is going to be my word of the day and obtuse is tommorrows.

Thanks for the thoughts and I agree with ya -calm ,cool and friendly.

I have to go study my circumspect this eve.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

I have to go study my circumspect this eve.

I'll be the first to say,If I have offended anyone here through my comments or jokes,then I am sorry. Sometimes things written are READ wrong and some people take it wrong and or can't take a joke.I'm the type of person who takes things with a grain of salt and enjoy meeting people and talking to them,some say I talk to much Let's not this event scare of other members or future members.Let's all just relax and enjoy each others company. I sure don't want this to turn into a place where we all bash each other,but also would like to express alittle humor from time to time.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think you guys are confusing the word "circumspect" with "circumcision"...
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #6
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Message was loud and clear, Rich. Thanks for righting our course on this great site some of us call home away from home....
als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #7
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

No, my dog and I looked it up .Shes been to dog school.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #8
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

I want to make this perfectly clear.
If I offended anyone by my actions before or after any thing that I might have said but did not actually say, in any context, past or future, without regard to it's meaning, then either I did not actually say it or I was mis-quoted when it was not actually said by myself or someone other than me.

Thank you,

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #9
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail
If I offended anyone by my actions before or after any thing that I might have said but did not actually say, in any context, past or future, without regard to it's meaning, then either I did not actually say it or I was mis-quoted when it was not actually said by myself or someone other than me.

Thank you,

Joe B.
Whatever he said and meant, I Agree.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail

Thank you,

Joe B.
You are the guy that talks real fast on all the car ads on the radio right????

Just kidding
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote