The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 03-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
88vert

Name :
88vert has disabled reputation
Default Hazelton Trial starts today!!

This trial is affecting us all .. The small town Mayor that tried to clean up his town is now in state court, being sued by the aclu! He tried to crack down on landlords that rented to illegal's,or those who hired illegal's . The aclu said not so fast, and took him and the City of Hazelton to State Court. The first word in ACLU IS AMERICAN.. These illegals are not Americans and have no right to be here let alone defended.To show your support log onto[smalltowndefenders.com] You can donate or sign the petition to show your support. The Federal Government will not defend our borders so small town America has to do it..Please show your support...
88vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Done...

I just logged onto that site and showed my support.
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah! Me three!!
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
einesta
Semper Paratus

Name :
einesta is on a distinguished road

OK guys I know this section is about legal issues, but it is still under a Corvette website, I am a US citizen, I do not promote or oppose illegal migration but I am feeling kind of uncormfortable since it is starting to look like a hate website instead of a Corvette website. I still don't see how a Country founded by migrants can foster hate for migrants, the only people who might have that right would be the Native Americans, and I have never seen them bitching about illegal migrants. I could go on about how all men are created equal but I am not waisting more of my time; I will go to another website and read about Corvettes instead.
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Hot BluZ

Name :
Hot BluZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by einesta
OK guys I know this section is about legal issues, but it is still under a Corvette website, I am a US citizen, I do not promote or oppose illegal migration but I am feeling kind of uncormfortable since it is starting to look like a hate website instead of a Corvette website. I still don't see how a Country founded by migrants can foster hate for migrants, the only people who might have that right would be the Native Americans, and I have never seen them bitching about illegal migrants. I could go on about how all men are created equal but I am not waisting more of my time; I will go to another website and read about Corvettes instead.
If reading about non-Corvette issues bothers you stay away from the PR&C section over at the Corvette Forum.

There are plenty of Corvette related sections on this forum, but sometimes people want to pass on information or discuss issues that are not Corvette related, hence sections such as this.

And as far as this thread, it has nothing to do with hate, but a desire to have people come here legally. I don't have a problem with immigration, it's the illegal part that irritates me. Come here legally and it's welcome aboard, do it illegally get out. It really irritates me when they expect government services that costs taxpayer in excess of $10 billion annually, and that's just for the Feds and that's over and above anything they may contribute in the way of taxes.

2004 Z06/Z16 #4 Born on July 26, 2004 - Sold Aug 07

1969 Coupe - White - Sold 1976
Hot BluZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #6
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default einesta,

It's not about hate..it's about the legality of ones citizenship and all that it implies. To fall back on the "we're all migrants" is a copout, IMO.
Since then (over a long period of time) americans have struggled to ensure life liberty and the pursuit of happiness for it's LEGAL citizens. If the flood gates were to be opened and we did away with the legalization process, how do you think that would affect America as a whole?
Let's not turn this into a Hate issue by suggesting that it is, because you're uncomfortable. You're obviously here legally, assuming that you, your parents or their parents went thru the Legal process etc..I'd have thought you'd be for the process itself and against illegal immigration.
Men are created equal, but border wars have existed for centuries and will continue to do so long after i'm gone.

~Ray
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #7
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default Oh and by the way...

einesta,

You Are in a branch of the UNITED STATES military (Coast Guard) who's job, amongst other things, is to turn away illegal immigrants and to protect our borders. That's kind of the Pot calling the Kettle Black, don't ya think!?

~Ray
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #8
Hot BluZ

Name :
Hot BluZ is on a distinguished road

I read a little more on this over at the Corvette Forum in PC&R, seems the City has backed down and agreed not to enforce their ordinance and the ACLU has backed off on the law suit. I read some of the provisions and can understand the issues that were brought up regarding the Constitutionality of the oridinance. Hazelton is drafting a new ordinance to take care of the concerns expressed by the ACLU. Here's a link to more information.

http://www.aclu.org/immigrants/discr...s20060901.html

2004 Z06/Z16 #4 Born on July 26, 2004 - Sold Aug 07

1969 Coupe - White - Sold 1976
Hot BluZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

The simple fact of the matter is that every country has an obligation to protect itself via it's borders. That's why there ARE borders. I seriously doubt that anyone here has any qualms whatsoever about anyone wanting to come to this country LEGALLY, with the intent of becoming a productive member of society here as an American CITIZEN.

By definition, illegals are not here for that reason. How can they be? They have already broken a law by coming here illegally, so what does that portend for the future of their stay here?

This has nothing at all to do with hate. I don't hate illegals at all. I merely desire for them to follow the laws of this country, beginning with the very first one based on legal requirements for entering this country. I don't hate the ones that don't. I just don't think it fair for all those who DO follow the laws to have those law breakers slap the law abiders in the face by showing that obeying the law really didn't matter. Just how do you think that will make LEGAL immigrants to this country feel?

Hell, my last name is Zuchowski. At sometime in the past, my ancestors came to this country on a ship from Europe. Do you think they SNUCK in, violating the law? Hell no, they didn't! They came here with HOPE for a better life and willing to do whatever it took to do so LEGALLY. Quite frankly, I expect that sort of dedication and commitment from anyone else who wants to come live in MY country. Otherwise those illegals flaunting the law just tarnishes and belittles that effort of everyone else who came before them.
Unread 03-13-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
88vert

Name :
88vert has disabled reputation

I have no problem with immigration as long as it is done in the LEGAL manner. It is the UNLAWFUL/ILLEGALL part of immigration that I dislike.. Notice I did not say hate..And further more if you do not like reading the truth you should avoid this site. nough said.
88vert is offline   Reply With Quote