The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Member to Member Services

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Member to Member Services This forum is for members to help, and to seek help from, other members with their expertise and requests for expertise. This is outside of car related stuff, such as repairs, mods, etc. Things like plumbing problems, construction, etc.

Unread 05-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation
Default Credit Union help NEEDED

I am in the process of selling my '03 to a fellow in Ft Walton. The deal is ready to go through and there is something that I need to ask of the Credit Union members on the forum.

Part of HIS loan application warrants me to provide to the credit union, a copy of my driver license, and a copy of the vehicle title - and some type of letter of intent to sell. I have no prob with the copy of the title or the letter, but the license thing is rubbing me the wrong way.

My bank, not a credit union, never heard of such a requirement not even the title, since just the VIN should satisfy vehicle value, etc.

I called the credit union in question and spoke with someone there, and the buyer's account was verified, although the banker person didn't sound too sure of herself and couldn't give particulars. When I pushed for details, I was first told that it's part of the paperwork, then she says they need to compare the signatures from the driver license to the signature on the title, and that the tax office needs this information, also.

The title would be signed by me AFTER money changed hands, and the money would have been lent already in order for the buyer to pay me- right?

Guys??? Does any of this sound right?

I had one attempted scam already regarding selling this car, so my suspicions to something amiss are high.

I've checked online and I'm able to see that 2 of the 3 documents- not the license, though are required. I'll make more calls to other credit unions in FL in the morning to see if this is a credit union thing.

I'm hoping there is someone here who might be familiar with this requirement, or where I can go to really verify this to be the case.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Hi I'm Mrs. 85vette and I have worked in various Credit Unions for about 20 years. In all the CUs I have worked we require a bill of sale (to show intent and verification of the purchase amount). Honestly they shouldn't even need a copy of the title before purchase, they will need the actual title after purchase to send to the DMV to record the Credit Union's lien. But there is no legitimate reason to require a copy of your drivers license and these days with all the identity theft I would not recommend giving it.
Unread 05-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
Cor66Vette

Name :

Mrs. 85Vette- Yous is exactly the type of response I was hoping for- an actual hands-on answer. Thanks so much for your informed response. I do believe I will need to circumvent the driver license part. I appreciate your input. Thank you.
Unread 05-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #4
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I use to own part of a bank (in Maine ) and I think 85 is correct as SOP.Keep in mind Credit unions are more flexible in setting their own rules .

I'd be reluctant to give anything that seems out of the normal.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #5
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
I'd be reluctant to give anything that seems out of the normal.
Copy that, vett boy-thanks.
Unread 05-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #6
Cor66Vette

Name :

Thanks again for the comments and thoughts on my situation. Here's the way it stands now,,, for those who haven't taken back their click ,,,

The buyer will be explaining to the manager of his credit union on Monday that I am not willing to provide what they want. Hopefully there is another way for the bank to get what they need to make the loan.

I should have mentioned that the buyer is in complete agreement with how I feel, and is already looking for a plan B.
So keep a good thought with me on this one. There may be a in the near future.
Unread 05-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
vett boy

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor66Vette View Post
There may be a in the near future.
Fried chicken livers ,greens and Coors light
Unread 05-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #8
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Fried chicken livers ,greens and Coors light
With a menu like THAT.............. there's something in your future.
Whether you call it a "par-tay" or not, it's up to you.

Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
vett boy

Name :

A couple months ago I went to Sears to pick up a garage door opener that was on sale .They asked for my Telephone number and I said no .The young clerk said I can't complete the sale without it and I said I guess your right and walked out .May I state that I only go to Sears when my blood pressure is low .
Unread 05-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #10
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
A couple months ago I went to Sears to pick up a garage door opener that was on sale .They asked for my Telephone number and I said no .The young clerk said I can't complete the sale without it and I said I guess your right and walked out .May I state that I only go to Sears when my blood pressure is low .
That's a Radio Shack thing, too. When they ask for my #, I just say no and they are okay with that.