The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 05-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default WTT my 65 Backdraft Cobra for your Midyear

I've been listing my Cobra locally and on ebay but thought I would list it as a possible trade as well for another midyear...

This is a beautiful car that can be relied on to drive anywhere. Out of all the replicas out there this is the most beautiful, anywhere it is driven it draws a crowd. This is no cheap kit car, the frame is a square frame construction with a great suspension that is no junkyard setup. The body and frame were built by Backdraft Racing in South Africa in 2000 and then shipped to Backdraft in their Florida facility where the assembly was completed. Most of the replicas are built by you don't know who, Backdraft cars are assembled professionally. It has 17” Halibrant style wheels with the polished lip and low profile Nitto tires. The car is a brilliant Metallic Maroon with Silver racing stripes that are under the clear coat. The motor is a Ford 351Windsor block that has been bored and stroked to 427ci. The Ford SVO block is a over the counter block that has been built with all of the best components. It has been bored to 4.040 and sonic checked to verify the cylinder wall thickness. All the machine work was completed by Charlie Long in Apex, NC who is a renown Ford Engine builder and machine shop operator that completes work for the NASCAR Truck and Nationwide series

Link to a article on Charlie Long machining and engine building

(http://www.circletrack.com/techartic...ild/index.html)
After the block was bored to 4.040, the lifter bores were honed, the crank was turned, polished and the entire rotating assembly was balanced. The short block was assembled by Charlie and after it was completed I completed the remainder of the engine build by installing the bolt on parts. The entire assembly was blue printed to insure that all components work together, a lot of times when a motor is built the time is not spent to verify tolerances like piston to valve clearance. This step was taken because every motor that I assemble I take the time to make sure it is done the right way. While building the motor I changed it to a full hydraulic roller Lunati cam to make the motor more streetable as it had a solid roller cam in it previously. No expense was spared on this build with all new retro hydraulic lifters, timing gear set, pistons, bearings, oil pump, valve springs, valves and seals. The motor is making 516 hp and 530 ft/lbs of torque on pump gas with a safe compression ratio of 10.5:1. The motor also has Victor Jr heads and intake from Edelbrock and pistons, crank and rods are all forged units. The crank is a SCAT crank, pistons are from Mahle and the rods are Eagle H-beams.

The transmission is a Tremec 5 speed with a .82 overdrive. The front and rear suspension as well as the rear end are from BMW that are normally used in the M3 E36 cars. An Autowerkz rearend bracket has been added to prevent rearend failure as the E36 has been recognized as the front support being a point of weakness. The driveshaft has also been upgraded with new u-joints and a take apart yoke to allow future replacement without the removal of the transmission. Options from Backdraft are a heater, oil cooler, oil filter relocation kit, the Halibrant wheels with the polished lip, chrome bumpers front and rear (the over riders are available and will be included in the sale), there are 3M paint protectors in front of the rear wheels as well and the toneau that covers the cockpit is included. The car rides smooth and handles like a race car that will make any trip a joy but the suspension is not so rough to make it a bone jarring ride. The car has 11800 miles on it currently and isc a great car for cruising, car shows and trips. For sale or trade for 63-67 Corvette only, please do not email me about any other trades as I'm not interested anything but trades for 63-67 Corvettes. I can be contacted at 919 306 9474 or dhitchens@nc.rr.com.

I have the title in hand free and clear as well as a current NC registration. The car can be inspected locally by yourself or a representative of your choosing.

Link to video of walk around with description and start up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1aQRXwB6SA

Build quote for the rolling chassis sans motor and transmission from Backdraft Racing

Thank you for your interest in Backdraft Racing.
Below is the vehicle you built online.
Please contact us for more information.

Thank You

Reg Dodd
President Backdraft Racing, Inc.
Model : BDR
Color Preference : Burgundy
Rolling Chassis $31900.00
Toneau Cover $550.00
Chrome Bumper Overiders $400.00
Ray Dot Mirror Passenger $135.00
3M Complete Paint Protection $700.00
Heater $500.00
17 Knock Off Wheels and Tires with polished lips $600.00
Oil Cooler $950.00
Grand Total $35735.00

Remember the cost that I have listed above is the cost for just the roller this does not include the motor or the transmission. For a motor of the caliber that I am offering BDR has it listed for $21,995 for a total cost if purchased today from BDR of $57,730!! My reserve is much lower than this even though the car does have over 11k miles this is still very low miles. Thank you for your interest and I hope that I have answered most questions.

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote