The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 02-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #101
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou G View Post
Bob, thank you for starting this thread.
I used to do the 1/4 mile with my '63 Vert back in '63 and '64 at Island Dragway in New Jersey. It was a 340 carburation and was very consistent around 13.1 but most the time got beat by the 360 fuelies. The track is still there but I have not raced again.
I go to the Orlando track whenever I get a chance.

Spiceman, you walk softly but carry a big stick. I have met you and your Mallett a couple of times but didn't know your racing history. When I get back to Florida I will get in touch and buy you and the wife a cup of coffee or a beer.
Lou
Geez Lou, I really appreciate the thank you. I have also been at Island Dragway but usually I was at Englishtown. I looked at your profile and I see a stick car which makes bracket racing a real challenge but you should consider it. I enjoy racing the kids. They think I'm just an old waxer out there trying to get down trhe track. Gives us an advantage.

I agree with you about Spice. I feel like there is greatness all around me. This thread is full of so many guys with so much experience. Who would have guessed? Someday I hope to meet everyone. Maybe even get a driving lesson from Spice.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #102
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation

Buckle up and pull them seat belts tight, cause the Spice never misses a gear brother's.

Although quick story of my Gold 63 in the road race thread,.
I had a friend, Craig Carter ridding with me, on a test drive, and forgot about a can of engine oil in the car while taking a lap at Lime Rock Park. Well, that damn can was loose, and beat the tar out of us both before I got back to the pit's, I mean BLACK AND BLUE all over, LMAO.
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #103
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation

Always Fun seeing you Lou. Hope all is well and yes, would really look forward to meeting again. I'll have to drag Bob over our way, or just go find him, LOL.\
Spice
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #104
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceman View Post
Buckle up and pull them seat belts tight, cause the Spice never misses a gear brother's.

Although quick story of my Gold 63 in the road race thread,.
I had a friend, Craig Carter ridding with me, on a test drive, and forgot about a can of engine oil in the car while taking a lap at Lime Rock Park. Well, that damn can was loose, and beat the tar out of us both before I got back to the pit's, I mean BLACK AND BLUE all over, LMAO.
Wow, what a mess. Sounds like something I would do.
Unread 02-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #105
Bob K
Deceased

Default GatorNationals

Who's going to meet me there? I'll be up there on the 10th cause they're running Pro Stock elims from last week on the 11th so I need to be there early.

This is also the first event for Pro Mod this season so if the weather is nice it should be a great weekend.
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #106
Bob K
Deceased

Dang, no one going?