• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

newb claybar question

guess i havent been keeping up with the latest trends on car detailing. ive heard several references to this clay bar. what is it, what does it do, and should i bother using it. ive always just washed, then waxed car 3 times with the 3 steps maguires. always turned out great.

claybars removes minute contaminants in the paint. I claybar atleast once a month. I just started claying the glass as well got that tip from Adams.

What the clay bar does it removes the surface contaminants, like paint over spray, tree sap, bugs, fallout, etc. from the car's surface. The best way to test, is to put your hand inside a small sandwich bag and place it on one of the top surfaces of the car i.e.( the hood, roof, fenders, or trunk) and gently, with light pressure rub across the surface. Can you feel any bumps or roughness? Clay it! If not, skip it. The sandwich bag test is important because our hands are too soft to actually feel the contaminates in the paint.

The main goal of the clay is to remove dirt and surface contaminants before you polish and wax.

Hope this helps

Brad

it does, finally somewhat clued in. i will have to take a look at my car (and some of the detailing vids from adam) thanks for the heads up

BrAdam's said:
What the clay bar does it removes the surface contaminants, like paint over spray, tree sap, bugs, fallout, etc. from the car's surface. The best way to test, is to put your hand inside a small sandwich bag and place it on one of the top surfaces of the car i.e.( the hood, roof, fenders, or trunk) and gently, with light pressure rub across the surface. Can you feel any bumps or roughness? Clay it! If not, skip it. The sandwich bag test is important because our hands are too soft to actually feel the contaminates in the paint.

The main goal of the clay is to remove dirt and surface contaminants before you polish and wax.

Hope this helps

Brad

Nice! I do the samething but with the plastic wrapping on the outside of a pack of cigarettes. Works the same!:D Have you ever tried fallout remover?

BrAdam's said:

Hope this helps

Brad

Hey Brad,

Glad to see you are still surfing around here! Hope things are going well. We'll be talking as we get closer to the March detail date.

Rich

Rich427 said:
Hey Brad,

Glad to see you are still surfing around here! Hope things are going well. We'll be talking as we get closer to the March detail date.

Rich

Absolutely Rich!! Can't wait to hang out with the Club in March.

exile said:
Thank you for offering a fellow member detailing advice and for recommending Autopia Car Care as a source for great detailing supplies. We are available as a resource to your community to answer any questions you may have in regards to proper car care.

I would like to recommend our How-to Detailing Library. Currently we have more than 20 information packed articles on everything from polishing with a polisher to fixing scratched rims. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Again thank you for the recognition!
The Autopia Car Care Team

Autopia said:
Thank you for offering a fellow member detailing advice and for recommending Autopia Car Care as a source for great detailing supplies. We are available as a resource to your community to answer any questions you may have in regards to proper car care.

I would like to recommend our How-to Detailing Library. Currently we have more than 20 information packed articles on everything from polishing with a polisher to fixing scratched rims. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Again thank you for the recognition!
The Autopia Car Care Team

Welcome Autopia!

After looking at the link above, I only have one thing to say,....

Hello Holly!!!!

Great T-shirt! :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Autopia said:
Did you know thats the most viewed picture on the site?

:thumbsup:

It is the only page I have looked at so far! :lmao: :lmao:

I promise, when I get an opportunity I will give the rest of the site a chance!

Back