The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 02-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Have you driven a C6Z06?
Unread 02-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #12
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Have you driven a C6Z06?
No , since they never came with a Auto trans back in the day. I live in heavy stop and go traffic so rowing thru the gears is not for me. I think a nice LS3 powered C6 with headers, and some other mods would give me all the power i would ever want.
CHASZ51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #13
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
So, what are the differences that you noted that were so impressive?
I'll try. My comments may not hold up in a court of law, though.

First- the looks. To me, the C7 is the most exotic, stylish sports car that ever came out of Detroit- Bowling Green, but you know what I mean. I owned an '03 50th AE when I first saw the C7 on the Jan 2013 cover of Autoweek, and knew then I had to have one. I waited till the 2017 model year because of some personal sentiment (my birth year is 1952 and the '17 would be out when I hit Medicare age). I am glad I waited because the Grand Sport was reintroduced in '17 and I fell in love with it.

I spoke with numerous (previous C6 owners) who traded up to a C7 and they are as much in awe with their C7. Without an exception, these Corvette owners, who've owned C6 and C7 say there is nothing like the C7. The interior is like a cockpit, designed with the driver in mind. The crappy seat issue has been addressed with more comfortable seats, bolsters that actually help keep you planted. I've driven C6 but never owned one, and the C7 is a better handling car. Goes faster and stops better- maybe because of the GS equipment??? I've driven a Jaguar F type- not in the same league. So it's not just a better Corvette, it's a better sports car all together.

Next time you're at a car show, ask around. You won't meet a regretful previous C6 owner, who now owns a C7. I tell you no lie.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #14
Rich Z

Sigh... Sounds interesting. I just wish that they hadn't dropped the 427 cubic inch engine. I know it's silly, but that is just a magic number for me.
Unread 02-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #15
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

276 day supply of new C7's , The back lot at BG is overflowing and dealers are overstocked .Corvette are the 4th on the list of over production vehicles .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #16
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Looked at MacMulkin Corvette and they have base C7's for $49,000 with other discounts possible .In my case I think I could drive out of the lot for about $45-$46,000
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2017, 06:20 AM   #17
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

The max i want to pay is 39k. Saw a pretty good deal on a 2013 LT2 C6 with around 3k miles for 35k. Something like that deal is what i am looking for. But would spend a little more for a Grand sport. Now if i could get some crazy low rate on a used C7 then maybe i would go as high as 43k. I am not the best car shopper.
I have a 800+ credit score so that helps, just not a expert at dealing.
Unread 02-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #18
Rich Z

I wish the local car dealers around here were worth a crap to deal with. I might consider trading in the C6Z for a C7Z IF I could actually get a deal, and IF GM got the heat soak problems resolved I had read about when the C7Z first came out.

Honestly, I SERIOUSLY hate the negotiation BS that car dealers put you through just to try to buy a car. And trying to do a tradein long distance just makes it worse.

But anyway, in your case, will you be trading in the Mustang? Or trying to sell it outright? That should bring in some coin for the vette you want to pick up.
Unread 02-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #19
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
I wish the local car dealers around here were worth a crap to deal with. I might consider trading in the C6Z for a C7Z IF I could actually get a deal, and IF GM got the heat soak problems resolved I had read about when the C7Z first came out.

Honestly, I SERIOUSLY hate the negotiation BS that car dealers put you through just to try to buy a car. And trying to do a tradein long distance just makes it worse.

But anyway, in your case, will you be trading in the Mustang? Or trying to sell it outright? That should bring in some coin for the vette you want to pick up.
I would trade it and i would get about what i owe on it. Did e mail Stingray Chevy about a Vette they had and a guy e mailedme back saying i see you like that Siverado we have for sale. Just goes to show what morons they have working at dealers.
Unread 02-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #20
Rich Z

Yeah, and once you email them, they are tough to shake loose too.

Good luck on your search. Let us know how it goes.