The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 09-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Dealership Service Department...

Friday afternoon we called the dealership to set up an appointment for the C5to be looked at because the Check engine kept coming on, and I needed an oil change for the C6... They set us up for Mon at 9am.

Monday morning...
So, on the way to the dealership for our 9am appointment, her gas gauge was acting weird. It was showing less gas than was actually in the tank, then going up then down again on the way there.

We get to the dealership, check in with our Svc Rep (who's only been there for a week) and after explaining everything, we hang out and look at cars .

Now we've been walking around and hanging around for hours when our Svc Rep comes out and says "Oh, you are waiting for your cars"? I said yes. He says "Oh, on your service slip it states y'all would be utilizing our shuttle service, therefore we considered them drop offs". I replied...What,.. shuttle service? Why would I have set up an appointment for 9am and go somewhere? Heck, my C6 was only in for an oil change.
NTM...Why would I make an appointment at 9am, and set up a shuttle svc knowing that my cars would Then be considered "dropoff's," resulting in them being Back Burnered or put at the Bottom of the List?

He say's they'll get them in asap, and then He then goes to lunch.

An hour later, he returns and says they're next.
It's now pushing 1:15pm, we're HOT and hungry so we Walked to a restaurant to get something to eat.
Upon our return roughly an hour later, My car has been in the shop for 10 minutes and hers is still out back. Within the next 30 minutes, my car is done.

Her car (C5) hasn't even been looked at yet!
We wound up leaving her car there.

Unread 09-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default BTW...

Come to find out there's a Vacuum line under the battery compartment that needs repairing..Chaching $! Apparently, it had battery acid get on it, which ate thru the Vacuum line causing the check engine light to come on etc.

Funny thing is, this was supposed to have been taken care of Months ago at another dealership, when the original battery went bad, leaking acid everywhere.
The Mechanic at That dealership said he cleaned EVERYTHING in the battery area, including underneath assuring us that sh!t like this wouldn't happen.

End result...Just over $250.00 in labor costs to repair the vacuum line.???

Btw...The cause for the fuel gauge acting funky, was the result of both fuel sensors (?) being bad.

See thread in the Maintenance, mods and tips forum.
Unread 09-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
Come to find out there's a Vacuum line under the battery compartment that needs repairing..Chaching $! Apparently, it had battery acid get on it, which ate thru the Vacuum line causing the check engine light to come on etc.

Funny thing is, this was supposed to have been taken care of Months ago at another dealership, when the original battery went bad, leaking acid everywhere.
The Mechanic at That dealership said he cleaned EVERYTHING in the battery area, including underneath assuring us that sh!t like this wouldn't happen.

End result...Just over $250.00 in labor costs to repair the vacuum line.???

Btw...The cause for the fuel gauge acting funky, was the result of both fuel sensors (?) being bad.

See thread in the Maintenance, mods and tips forum.
Thats not bad Ray!! It's only $83.33 a Ft. for that 3 ft. of $.65 a ft. vacume line!!!
Unread 09-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie
Thats not bad Ray!! It's only $83.33 a Ft. for that 3 ft. of $.65 a ft. vacume line!!!
Oh, like that bit of information is going to help!
Unread 09-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Man oh man, I feel for you guys. I hate taking cars to dealers. I know it's never as simple as they say it will be, and there's always something different about the car when I get it back. Once I had the passenger door lock fixed and they ripped the window tinting...they had to have it replaced Another time the vette was in for something or other and when they were done they parked it where it got wet stuff all over it which of course had dried by the time I picked it up....it goes on and on...Once they fixed the horn and left all the wiring and stuff just laying in the area around it....
Unread 09-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

It sounds like the dealership needs to teach the important thing which is missing in so many businesses-Customer Service!! And that includes listening to the customer and addressing their cheif concern(s).
I feel your frustration friend.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 12:52 AM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think I've been pretty luck (so far) with the two chevy dealerships in Tallahassee. They treat my vehicles like they are golden and treat the wife and I like we are part owners. To give you an example, a week or so ago we were taking the van to Sam's Club for supplies when Connie commented on a strange noise coming from the front of the vehicle. We stopped in at a gas station and popped the hood and I discovered that the serpentine belt was coming apart. University Chevrolet wasn't too far away, so we drove there and I talked to Chuck Browning and asked him if they could possibly get this done ASAP because we were in kind of a bind with timing. Had employees coming into our shop back home in a few hours. Of course, it was lunch time and many of the techs were at lunch, but darn if they didn't jump right on it and get that belt replaced right away. We only had time to walk around the dealership and look at the new vettes sitting there and drink a soda pop before we were paying the bill and on our way.

Guess we are just lucky here.
Unread 09-20-2007, 07:43 AM   #8
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

I guess I should have know right off. First the Newb doesn't know how to get in, display the mileage or start my car. When he did get it started, another fella (mechanic) put his hands on the door to lean in and talk to him leaving palm/finger prints all over it.
Then HE (the newb) drives it out back!

The good news...they called at 5:30pm yesterday evening letting us know it was ready to be picked up.

Yep, Customer service isn't what it used to be around here! IMO.
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #9
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad

Yep, Customer service isn't what it used to be around here! IMO.
You got that Crap right!!! Thats why I QUIT working in Major Dealerships!!!! They don't give a Damn about anything Except the Bottom Line at the end of the month!!! I ran a Big Dealership Body Shop in Ft Pierce for 8 years!! We turned $180,000- $200,000 some months a little more in Quality work out a month with Only 5 Customer complaints in 8 years!!! (Same Person) "Last 2 Complaint's was because all my guy's refused to work on her car,because she was Such a Pain in the Butt!!" The Dealership Sold and it went down hill from there,From that Day on it wasn't about Happy Customers,It was about the Bottom Line and Screw the Customer!! They Cut My Pay Schedule Commission Contract and I was outt'a there!! Off to do my own thing,Plastics and Classics here in NC!!! 2-3 weeks later All my Guys left and went to other shops and they Closed the Place Down,It's a Vacant Lot Now!!!
Unread 09-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #10
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

On the way home Angel heard a weird noise when she accelerated, so back to the dealership we went. I took the mechanic (a guy in his mid to late 30's) for a drive to try and duplicate the sound.

Side Note: It was funny, I thought he was going to come Unglued as I "got on it". He was grabbing for the "Oh Sh!t" handle on the dash!!

Anyway I pulled over popping the hood. Well, apparently the guy who worked on the battery area (The vacuum hoses underneath) didn't attach the plastic molding that sits around the battery and the wind coming into the engine compartment made it Flap etc. He fixed it.

So we leave once again..And on the way home her Check Engine Light came Back On!