The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 09-27-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation
Default Back from Vette Vacation!

Hello guys! I'm Back!
My wife and I towed my '66 Vette to Corpus Christi TX for the 'Vettes & Jets On The Lex' event Sept. 15th, then we went to Dawsonville GA for the photo shoot with Fast & Sexy Magazine. We then went to Huntsville AL for a benifit for a local high school there that the 'Vet(eran)s With Vettes Corvette Club' that I'm a long distance member of, was putting on and got to meet the club members in person we've been talking to on the 'puta over the last couple of years. We left the vette with a club member and continued up to Crossville TN to surprise Kat's brother on his BD, then returned to p/u the vette and come back home to Daytona. We put 2,730 miles all toll on the old '91 Buford SW, all but a few hundred towing the Vette. Hey, give me a break about being a 'trailer queen', the vette only gets 5-6 MPG, and that's high test only! Way too many miles to drive with todays gas prices.
The vette was a hit everywhere we went and gas stops took 1/2 hr or more to answer questions and let the locals photograph it. Very rewarding for me.
All the motels we stayed at let us park the vette in the front under their entranceway canopy (just for added security and in case of rain).
While we left and headed west with hurricane Humburto in our path, we got lucky and it passed thru before we got to Buloxi and only had some heavy rain while traveling thru LA/MS. The rest of the entire trip was rain free. Can you believe that with all the storms ahead or behind us as we traveled? Even returning to Florida we missed the storms you have been having! God really had a big hand in watching over us on this trip!

Hope you enjoy these photos for now. More photos as October goes by, I promise. Got a lot to do right now. While reading our mail today, Kat found out by a short letter from the city manager that her job with the city was eliminated due to the tax cut backs and now she has to get another job effective tomorrow. Welcome home from your vacation! Surprise! Your job is eliminated. Thanks for your 18 years of service. Now, get out!
It will be ok though. God will get us through this too~
Does anyone out here want to buy my Vette? Seriously, it may be time to sell it. I'd like $92,000 with all the spare stuff and trailer too.
Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Wink HOLY S**T

Sounds like a great trip. The pic preview(s) are not too bad either; can't wait for the rest. Who is she anyway???
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
Mr. Blue

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post
Sounds like a great trip. The pic preview(s) are not too bad either; can't wait for the rest. Who is she anyway???
Which one? They are both models the magazine uses there in GA. Glenn
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
Unread 09-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Cool Silly me

In my haste to write I guess I didn't notice the hair. One blonde and one brown. Shows what I was looking at. Models??? What was the occasion?

Don't be too hasty to let the Vette go. Wait a week or two and something will pop up.
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sounds like you have a pretty cool trip. The car running OK for you finally? I know you had some problems a while ago.

Hope you wife lands a good job pretty soon. And employers wonder why employees have no loyalty.......
Unread 09-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #6
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Wow! I'm glad to hear the trip went well for you but sorry about your wifes job. Hopefully something will pop up soon.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #7
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Home Glenn. Glad things went ok on your trip.
Sorry about the wife's job..
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

Hey Glen,

Great story and I’m glad the trip went well. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Dang, every time I see your car I get all fired up. It’s like sex on wheels. I can’t say much for the car pulling it but it got the job done…..j.k.
If you could, post some pictures when you get them from the mag. I would love to see how it turned out. I’m sure they’re hot.
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #9
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

I just saw the bottom half of your story. That parts not so good.
Man, 18 years of service and that's it. What a bunch of crap.
I hope she finds some thing better with more $$$$
My prayer and thoughts are with you both.

Are you going to the Old Town Vette show? see detail below.
If so, let me know so we can hook up.

Oct. 5-7 - [SCA Event] October 5 & 6 Old Town Vette Fest 2 at Old Town! Start the weekend off at Opening Night.

Friday: Opening Night October Fest Party at Seralago Hotel & Suites Main Gate East
Poolside from 7-11 pm
FREE Food, Music, Games, Prizes and More!
Buy your event T-shirts in hotel lobby
50/50 Raffle - Proceeds to Give Kids the World

Saturday: Old Town Vette Fest Show at Old-Town
Registration opens at 9:00am closes at 1 pm - free to enter!
Enjoy Valve Cover Racing at 1:00pm & Special Vette Only Cruise at 4:00pm
Buy your event T-shirts at The Old Town General Store, Suite 421
Drawing for a special Old Town Vette Fest 2 jacket courtesy of Out of this World Embroidery, Suite 305

The Seralago Hotel & Suites Main Gate East is right next to Old Town, www.old-town.com and would like to extend a special rate of $49.00/night plus tax to your members if they will be needing hotel accommodations. Our website is: www.seralagohotel.com. Our hotel is located in walking distance to Old Town and only 3 miles to the main gate of Disney. Here's a list of our amenities:

Members should make their own reservations by calling our toll-free number at 1.800.366.5437 and will receive the exclusive rate of $49.00/night plus tax by requesting "Old Town Vettes" rate. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call 407.997.4348.

WHERE: Seralago Hotel & Suites Main Gate East
5678 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34746
Click here for map.

Old Town
5770 W. Irlo Bronson Highway
Kissimmee, FL 34746
Click here for map.
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #10
Mr. Blue

Name :

[quote=Rich Z;34361]Sounds like you have a pretty cool trip. The car running OK for you finally? I know you had some problems a while ago.

Well, It got me to the photo shoot. I drove it there. They had me set up and started taking photos. A while later (as the sun moved) they asked me to move it again. It fired right up (with the new MSD 7AL2+ ignition system & coil it should) and I started to move it and found I had NO BRAKES! Something in the mastercylinder broke and the pedal went to the floor. What a surprise with an automatic trans. Got the vette turned where they wanted then had my wife bring the trailer to the site and we loaded it up and headed to Huntsville, AL.
Tried to get it repaired there, but parts are specail on my car, so nothing was in the area and had to be ordered, so it's still on the trailer here at the house. Always something. I haven't decided who is going to get the pleasure to fix it this time. I know I can't get up under the dash anymore with my back tied together with steel rods etc.
As for the running hot deal, it's still an issue. Haven't overcome that yet. Now with mama out of work, it may be a while before I can pay to have it worked on again.
Glenn