The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
grumpyvette
retired mech engineer

Name :
grumpyvette has disabled reputation
Default You see the problem is this:

You see the problem is this:

The folks who are getting free stuff,are so used to getting free stuff.
THEY Don’t like the folks who are paying for the free stuff,
Because the folks who are paying for the free stuff,
Can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff.

And, The folks who are paying for the free stuff,
Want the free stuff to stop.because they can,t afford it
And the folks who are getting the free stuff,
Want even MORE free stuff on top of the free stuff they’re getting already!

Now….. The people who are forcing people to PAY for the free stuff,
Have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff,
That the people who are PAYING for the free stuff,
Are being mean, selfish, heartless, prejudiced or racist.

So …. the people who are GETTING the free stuff,
Have been convinced they need to HATE the people who are PAYING for the
free stuff because they are selfish. And they are promised EVEN more free stuff, if they will vote for the same people who force the people who pay for the free stuff, to give them more free stuff, knowing full well the people who are PAYING for the
free stuff can,t afford it, but its more about maintaining control than keeping promises.
the people in control can always BLAME the the people who are PAYING for the
free stuff if THE people in control can,t force the people paying for the free stuff, to provide endless new free stuff
remember its ALL about maintaining a liberal democratic political majority, logic, reality and funding have no bearing on this, its about maintaining office for politicians, and blaming anyone threatening their continuing control
grumpyvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Remo

Name : Bob Remo
Remo has disabled reputation
Default Hmmm

Well grumpyvette....now that you're retired are you getting any free stuff?

2001 Lingenfelter Convertible, 469 RWHP, 453 RWTQ
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Well grumpyvette....now that you're retired are you getting any free stuff?
Well, Remo ... being grumpyvette is retired, as am I, by mere definition, that word indicates that we once worked. So what a retired person "gets", is not "free stuff" since we worked and paid into SS, contributed to a retirement plan, and invested earned income into any investments from which we now derive income.

To me, free is when you reap the rewards from another's labor and not from your own sweat.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
Remo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
Well, Remo ... being grumpyvette is retired, as am I, by mere definition, that word indicates that we once worked. So what a retired person "gets", is not "free stuff" since we worked and paid into SS, contributed to a retirement plan, and invested earned income into any investments from which we now derive income.

To me, free is when you reap the rewards from another's labor and not from your own sweat.
But Red...what happens when you exceed what you paid into Social Security....does it then become "free stuff"?

Unread 02-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
But Red...what happens when you exceed what you paid into Social Security....does it then become "free stuff"?
Bear in mind that the money paid into SS over the decades would have been accruing interest if it had just been salted away in an interest bearing savings account. The REASON the government has gotten itself into hot water with SS is because they treated the money coming in from this program as a free pot of gold to be dipped into as a general fund, instead of investing the money wisely to pay for the promises they made with this program. And now they want to blame it on US, calling it "entitlements" like it's some kind of dirty word we should be ashamed of when we want to cash in our chips. Quite frankly, they took money out of every paycheck I earned and it was not optional on my part to participate. The government treated my paycheck as their OWN entitlement, it seems, and now they want to squeal like pigs (literally) caught in a grinder when it comes time to pay the piper.

Personally, I am retired too, but am not drawing even a dime from either my state nor federal retirement. And quite honestly, I'm not expecting that to be available when I might need it. Those programs will either become dissolved when the government entities responsible go insolvent, or else they will be paid for by freshly printed up money that will be worth little more than toilet paper because of the raging inflation that the government is painting themselves into a corner with.
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
Remo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Personally, I am retired too, but am not drawing even a dime from either my state nor federal retirement. And quite honestly, I'm not expecting that to be available when I might need it. Those programs will either become dissolved when the government entities responsible go insolvent, or else they will be paid for by freshly printed up money that will be worth little more than toilet paper because of the raging inflation that the government is painting themselves into a corner with.
Rich...thanks for the lesson on the state of Social Security. I'm interested in knowing why you don't take any money from your state of federal retirement funds.

Unread 02-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Rich...thanks for the lesson on the state of Social Security. I'm interested in knowing why you don't take any money from your state of federal retirement funds.
Two reasons: (1) I really don't NEED to yet, and (2) the longer I wait, the bigger the check if they still exist at that time.
Unread 02-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

You never know what the future holds?...If I was retired and of age to collect what's mine, I would take it, if I needed it or not!...I worked for it, and paid taxes for it...Nothing in life is free as far as I am concerned...This Sh*t administration wants the have not's and the F**g free loaders to think that the folks that worked hard and long for what they have, to share with them...If the administration feels that stronly about giving away Sh*t, let them give away there's first!!...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
You never know what the future holds?...If I was retired and of age to collect what's mine, I would take it, if I needed it or not!...I worked for it, and paid taxes for it...Nothing in life is free as far as I am concerned...This Sh*t administration wants the have not's and the F**g free loaders to think that the folks that worked hard and long for what they have, to share with them...If the administration feels that stronly about giving away Sh*t, let them give away there's first!!...
Oh, I agree. When there is talk of "sacrifice", how many of our representatives do you see lining up to do their own sacrificing? No, they will campaign and drum up MILLIONS for their re-election, but I don't see any of them donating any of that money for anything other than their own self interest.
Unread 02-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

FREE STUFF....You must mean like the 1 billion plus we the givers of free stuff paid so the free stuff takers could have a cell phone.....