• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

BMAD - Quickest install of a mod ever

shakedown067

Sinister C4
So my Big Mouth Air Dam arrived around 11am today. By 11:20 I was out the office to head home to install (10 min drive). By 12:30 I was back at the office working hard. I did cheat and used the optional install using self taping screws, but it was damn easy. Even hit the screws with some touch up paint.

No more sucking hot air off the pavement. Just in time for the cool months so I probably won't even notice, but we'll see how she does on my 3,200 mile road trip next week (round trip). I swear she ran cooler on the 4 mile drive back to work, but I forgot to check the digital readout on the way to install.

Arrival
arrival.jpg

Before
before.jpg

After1
after1.jpg

After2-Yep, can't even see it!
after2.jpg

I remember that street sweeper air dam in the C4,,, I used to see all kinds of debris sucked up in my C4. I had a plastic bag get up there once and the engine overheated. I didn't even see the bag in the road.

I remember that street sweeper air dam in the C4,,, I used to see all kinds of debris sucked up in my C4. I had a plastic bag get up there once and the engine overheated. I didn't even see the bag in the road.

LMAO. Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people think I've got issues as I swerve crazy around a plastic bag. So far I've only picked up one and stopped right away to get it. And on top of that, it stuck to the lower air dam support rod, so it never made it to the radiator. :dancer01:

Next bag I approach, I'll test out the BMAD to see if it really won't pick it up. Of course I'll pull over right away to make sure if I don't see it fly up behind me. :wavey:

UP NEXT: I should be able to install my new bosch injectors from FIC tonight! :dancer01::dancer01::dancer01::dancer01::dancer01::dancer01::dancer01:

Back