• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Welcome in 2007!

2Vettes

Well, I'm watching another beautiful sunrise in SW Florida. :thumbsup:
Here's a big welcome to 2007 and I hope it is a year full of promise for people everywhere!

Wow! 1st day of the new year and I am off work. What a great way to start the new year :yesnod:

So, is 2007 the year of the Z07?
If the thought of the new 500-hp Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang hedging in on the 505-hp Corvette Z06's territory raises your blood pressure, don't despair: Corvette chief engineer Tom Wallace has a 650-hp trick up his sleeve. A new super Corvette will build on the Z06's 7.0-liter LS7 V-8 that was developed in sync with the Corvette C6.R Le Mans racer. For this limited-production Vette, which might be called the Z07, Chevy will increase the LS7's displacement and bolt on a supercharger to bump output by 145 hp. The Z07, due in 2008, will be further differentiated from the Z06 by the use of more carbon-fiber body panels and a huge hood vent aimed at killing front-end lift. In true Corvette style, Chevy will undercut competitors by pricing the Z07 at about $100,000. This Corvette has been known within GM as the Blue Devil, after the mascot of GM CEO Rick Wagoner's alma mater, Duke, and also as the Sting Ray, but we think they'll go with Z07, or maybe Z06.R.

Attachments

• 0609_z+2009_chevrolet_corvette_z07+front.jpg
    0609_z+2009_chevrolet_corvette_z07+front.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 83
Happy New Year, everyone. Kind of a dreary day up here near Tallahassee way. Got a BUNCH of rain yesterday and last night.

But with any luck, our new C6 will be showing up Tuesday or Wednesday to really start off this year with a grin! :thumbsup:

SteveK said:
Wow! 1st day of the new year and I am off work. What a great way to start the new year :yesnod:

So, is 2007 the year of the Z07?
If the thought of the new 500-hp Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang hedging in on the 505-hp Corvette Z06's territory raises your blood pressure, don't despair: Corvette chief engineer Tom Wallace has a 650-hp trick up his sleeve. A new super Corvette will build on the Z06's 7.0-liter LS7 V-8 that was developed in sync with the Corvette C6.R Le Mans racer. For this limited-production Vette, which might be called the Z07, Chevy will increase the LS7's displacement and bolt on a supercharger to bump output by 145 hp. The Z07, due in 2008, will be further differentiated from the Z06 by the use of more carbon-fiber body panels and a huge hood vent aimed at killing front-end lift. In true Corvette style, Chevy will undercut competitors by pricing the Z07 at about $100,000. This Corvette has been known within GM as the Blue Devil, after the mascot of GM CEO Rick Wagoner's alma mater, Duke, and also as the Sting Ray, but we think they'll go with Z07, or maybe Z06.R.

The funny thing is that the GT500 is not even a mention in the same category considering it can't even outrun or outperform a base model C6. I think GM is being kind to it (GT500) by just mentioning it but the "project bluedevil" or Z07 or maybe even the Sting Ray (one of these days they'll decide on the name) is going to end up being a 700+hp reality. Can't wait to see it!!! Happy New Year to all!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Weelll...since you asked. I was stationed in Myrtle Beach, S.C. I got pulled over for speeding (63 in a 45) by the city cops. My license was out of state (Mich) and since they were afraid I'd run to avoid paying a traffic ticket (and throw away a 16 year military career), :shrug01: they threw me in jail and impounded my car. I had to get my girlfriend at the time to bail me out. She apparently didn't want to go through life with a jailbird and broke up with me. All in all, not one of my better years. Aren't ya sorry now that you asked?:rofl1:

I'm sorry, I wasn't listening, could you repeat that? :lmao: :lmao:

Just kidding, here's to a much better 2007 and if you jailed again, I hope we are all sitting there with you saying WOW that was fun! :crazy03:

SteveK said:
I'm sorry, I wasn't listening, could you repeat that? :lmao: :lmao:

Just kidding, here's to a much better 2007 and if you jailed again, I hope we are all sitting there with you saying WOW that was fun! :crazy03:

OK Steve, just for that we're gonna take away a couple of your mulligans.:rofl1:

Mark Dalton said:
OK Steve, just for that we're gonna take away a couple of your mulligans.:rofl1:
I don't use mulligans. I pick up on 10. That's why I never shoot above 90 on the front 9. :lmao: :lmao:

Mark Dalton said:
Weelll...since you asked. I was stationed in Myrtle Beach, S.C. I got pulled over for speeding (63 in a 45) by the city cops. My license was out of state (Mich) and since they were afraid I'd run to avoid paying a traffic ticket (and throw away a 16 year military career), :shrug01: they threw me in jail and impounded my car. I had to get my girlfriend at the time to bail me out. She apparently didn't want to go through life with a jailbird and broke up with me. All in all, not one of my better years. Aren't ya sorry now that you asked?:rofl1:

Well, something like that will weed out the serious dates from the others. See, it's given you a story to tell in your later years :D
Hope your '07 is much better !!

Back