Suggestion Box Forum Requests | Site Mods | General Suggestions

Unread 11-05-2006, 01:55 AM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou G
Rich, thank you. You have done a great job with this forum.
I like it just the way it is. By the way, since I started coming to this forum, I seldom go to the other ones.
Thanks but really, it is all of you who are making this a great forum, not me. I'm just the caretaker here. I'm providing the materials for you all to built this into something we will all be proud of.

Heck if it was just me here, it wouldn't be any fun at all just talking to myself. I argue too much with that other SOB......
Unread 11-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z

Heck if it was just me here, it wouldn't be any fun at all just talking to myself.
I remember when it was just you here! It's almost like you were talking to all the smilies.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #13
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I remember when it was just you here! It's almost like you were talking to all the smilies.
Yeah, so do I. And I remember thinking, "Gee Rich, this was another really boneheaded idea you had........."
Unread 11-06-2006, 02:37 AM   #14
MODVETTE05

Name :
MODVETTE05 has disabled reputation
Default Just my 2 cents.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712
Just a thought....Why so many forums? Not counting the Club Forums, there are 18 to pick from. I know you are trying not to be like another "forum" but I think they need to be narrowed down a bit. General, tech, wash & wax???

My 2 cents worth....
Well, Pres712, it looks like your 2 cents worth just got the $hi^ shot out of it!!! Nice try though, and you know what? That's what these forums are all about! Everybody throwing their 2 cents in, even if it ain't worth $hi^! And evenone knows about opinions: their like butt h()le$, everybody's got one. hahaha

Sorry buddy, I'm just kidding you, couldn't help it. Actually, I know Jim personally and he a very nice person, is a very active AND valuable assest in the Bay Area Corvette Club. See you at the meeting Thursday nite, Jim. LOL Just my 2 cents...
MODVETTE05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #15
ogduncan

Name :
ogduncan has disabled reputation

What i think he is trying to say is that it is spreading the posts too thin. We dont even have posts in one topic yet. I heard something about 200 members now. We dont need a forum for every 11 members. I personaly go to forums to find out about events, mods, whats for sale and to help others in knowledge about their vette.
ogduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #16
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

Being the only male left in the household...I need the
diversion when shows like Desperate Housewife's..The O.C.
ect..ect..is on
Unread 11-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #17
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogduncan
What i think he is trying to say is that it is spreading the posts too thin. We dont even have posts in one topic yet. I heard something about 200 members now. We dont need a forum for every 11 members. I personaly go to forums to find out about events, mods, whats for sale and to help others in knowledge about their vette.
The reason for multiple forums is an attempt to segregate threads of like topics roughly together to keep some sort of cohesion within the forum. It would be a real nightmare to have only a single forum where ALL topics could be posted, and you would have to scan through every thread in order to find one you may be interested in. So the idea is to break up all the threads that any member may want to post into logical categories. So someone only interested in posting and reading about events, for instance, could simply go to that specific forum, and not have to wade through dozens or more of threads completely irrelevant to their interest.

This would especially be true, for example, if you remembered a post made three weeks ago and wanted to find it again. Well, quite likely, if you know what the topic was about, you could narrow down your search considerably simply by checking the forum that would most likely contain it. This isn't always true, of course, but probably is most of the time.

And as is usually true from what I have seen, the more traffic a site gets, the more forums it has to create to further subdivide the posts to make all that above true even with high traffic volumes. To give you a perfect example, if any of you were around when Ebay first started up, you will perhaps recall how few topic areas there were available. When more and more auctions were being posted, it got tedious to have to wade through a bunch of them to try to find exactly what you were looking for. So as the volume increased, further subcategorization was done in order to make it easier for people to find something specific. But this in itself can have drawbacks to which there is probably no good answer. It is entirely possible to have far too many sections, where even finding the SECTION you are looking for is an exercise in tedium. Which is now the case with Ebay.

But in all cases, you can only try to do the best you can. Sometimes you hit the mark and sometimes you don't.