Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Suggestion Box

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Suggestion Box Forum Requests | Site Mods | General Suggestions

Unread 11-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
Klausflorida

Name :
Klausflorida has disabled reputation
Default Florida Dealer/Service Reviews

Would it make sense to have dealers listed in a review section by county? I'm thinking about the buying experience and also the service, repair and warranty work experience.

I think I'm not the only one who has problems with a certain dealership and I would like to find a dealership I can trust.
Klausflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

So far I've had no problems with Ferman in Tarpon Springs, except for the price.

And recently I went to Register in Hernando, and was VERY happy, price, quality of work, everything.

I'm a mechanic as well, so I like the fact that register let me go back and talk to the mechanic that was on my car... I'm not a big fan of "service advisors" I want to shake the hand of the greasy one what just got out from under my car, and not just find out if he did the alignment, I want to know what was out, how much tow he put in the front, if the castor was out in the rear...etc.

Register was the only one that het me do that, at less of a price than the others.
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

This sort of topic material is what the Board Of Inquiry forum here was designed to handle. Right now I think it would be quite premature to try to divide it into multiple subcategories, however. Eventually, with enough feedback, a simple keyword search on the name of the business or dealership should prove sufficient to find any feedback that exists in that forum. Which brings up a point people need to keep in mind. CHECK YOUR SPELLING when you mention a person, business, dealership, etc. If you spell it incorrectly, then people looking for such info will likely not be able to find it.

But with that being said, it is still in a fledgling state, so it is up to everyone to fill in the blanks for the data needed. That means GOOD reviews as well as BAD ones.
Unread 11-20-2006, 07:14 AM   #4
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Corvette Concepts is on a distinguished road
Default Florida Dealerships

I think listing the dealerships is a good idea, but ideas turn into hours of work. As a new forum, it may or may not be feasible at this time, but again it's a good idea. One thing we need to be careful of is slamming every dealer in the state without posting positive posts on work done correctly.
I would like to mention changes made at Sunset Chevrolet in Sarasota. The past few years have been difficult at the dealership as the Service Manager was not a cooperative representative. Some months ago a change has taken place and there's a new sheriff in town. Mr. David Lund is the new service manager and he is a pleasure to work with. Mr. lund was formerly a Cadillac Service Manager and he has brought his Cadillac customer service knowledge and a very pleasant personality to Sunset Chevrolet.
If you have a warranty issue I suggest you give Mr. Lund a call. On the other hand, if you're out of warranty you might want to call us at Corvette Concepts!! You'll find that I have trouble passing an opportunity for a shameless plug here and there!!

Corvette Concepts
Delco/Mongoose Performance
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577
Corvette Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 09:16 AM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

You'll find that I have trouble passing an opportunity for a shameless plug here and there

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaa Thats whay I like about your Jake...you're honesty
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
Klausflorida

Name :
Klausflorida has disabled reputation

I know it is a lot of work to put something like this together, but I thought because this is a Florida Forum only, it would be quiet easier.

Slamming every dealer, like Jake said is exactly what I want to avoid. Most of the time you read anything about a dealer in a forum it is negative.

And yes Rich, I can search for the dealer name, but ones again negative posts.

I would like to see more positive posts. Dealer who really helped or covered something which wasn't expected to be covered under warranty, etc.

I know the forum is very new and all I could offer is some help if needed.
Klausflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Car Salesmen!

A farmer had been thoroughly taken many times by a certain car dealer in town. One day, the dealer told the farmer he'd like to come out to the farm and see about buying a cow.

The farmer told him to come on out, then attached the following price information to one of the cows:

Basic Cow $500
Two tone exterior 45
Extra Stomachs 75
Straw Chopper 120
Four Spigots 40
Cowhide Upholstery 125
Automatic Flyswatter 38
Fertilizer Attachment 185

Total: $1,128

JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #8
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL
A farmer had been thoroughly taken many times by a certain car dealer in town. One day, the dealer told the farmer he'd like to come out to the farm and see about buying a cow.

The farmer told him to come on out, then attached the following price information to one of the cows:

Basic Cow $500
Two tone exterior 45
Extra Stomachs 75
Straw Chopper 120
Four Spigots 40
Cowhide Upholstery 125
Automatic Flyswatter 38
Fertilizer Attachment 185

Total: $1,128

Unread 11-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #9
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

Not exactly a dealer, but I've had two good experiences with East Cove Auto Center just on the outskirts of Inverness in Citrus County. Cliff is the owner and also works on the cars and he always has Vettes in various stages of workings plus a couple for sale at any one time. Cliff and all the mechanics are friendly to deal with and seem to know their stuff. Both times they've fixed a little something (rear hatch button on drivers door when replacing weatherstripping) (glued back stainless steel plate in the engine bay after replacing heat valve) that wasn't part of the job. I was referred there by another Vette owner and that's the best type of advertising you can have.

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 06:46 AM   #10
Cajunmech

Name :
Cajunmech has disabled reputation

I can certainly offer a tale of three.

The first is a dealer, Gordon Chevrolet. I know the service writer there Patty King. She is wonderful. However the support behind her is very much lacking. On several troubleshooting issues they were not even close. It as a very sad experiance. They kept my car for two days, fixed nothing, and provided several lines of mis-diagnosis. They looked so bad, I wasn't charged any diagnostic time.

The second is Inst-Tune on Dale Mabry. Andreh Alito and his partner John do a great job of properly informing you of what the issues are and whats comming in the way of price and driveability. They are very fair and the prices are very reasonable. Andreh is an honest person with a love for Corvettes and their owners.

The third is Corvette Shop and Supplies. We should all know this group. They have been on South Dale Mabry for a long time. It is a great place to go for the body shop. And their mechanical expertise is exceptional. The person that you only want to deal with is Mike. He is honest, friendly and to the point. I have dealt with them on multiple occasions, and always recieve my moneys worth without callbacks.

Hope this helps everyone. Although we recommend these people we really don't want to go there.
Cajunmech is offline   Reply With Quote