The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #21
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

HP...no attack taken my friend

Although you make many valid points, in the situation I described, none of them would have been applicable. There's a lot more to it. We can discuss it one day over a

85....as have I broAnd you're absolutely on target with the publics perception

I can't tell you how many questions I've fielded just like that while teaching drivers school

The general public has no idea whats happening inside a partol car.

KAP...I don't have an aversion so some unmarked cars. I do have an aversion to a FLEET of them!

When you start putting that many on the road for traffic enforcement, then you're just kicking up revenues IMO

Traffic enforcement is education and prevention, combined with aggressive patrol, not sneek and peek spy chit!

What really burns me up, is most of the motor officers we have now run around in motor uniform driving unmarked cars. That is, unless it's a perfect day, then maybe they'll ride????

If you want a car, give your scooter to someone who'll ride the MOFO!

Ok guys and gals, I'm outta here on this one...gotta get ready to leave
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #22
davemac

Name :
davemac has disabled reputation

Near to where I work, a speed limit was recently reduced by 10mph. By law, the authorities are supposed to have a 'new speed limit ahead' sign put up, however they didn't. The day after the speed limit was reduced, there was a speed camera van which succesfully nicked over 500 motorists. The van was positioned right by the signs and at the steepest part of the downhill run. The junction, which the speed limit is supposed to protect, is some considerable distance from the sign. This was clearly a revenue collection excercise.

Unfortunately for the authorities, they have had to pay back every penny due to the missing warning sign. Poetic justice in my opinion.

Drivers need respect where it is inappropriate to speed. 90 mph at 4am on an empty motorway is safer than 70mph at rush hour. Speed cameras should be used where they might save lives e.g. in the middle of villages and towns, not on a downhill stretch of road right by the signs.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #23
Mr97Eldo

Name :
Mr97Eldo has disabled reputation

And I thought our civil authorities were thieves!
Mr97Eldo is offline   Reply With Quote