The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 04-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Taxes!!!!

Finally finished up with my taxes and printed the forms out today. The forms I have to send to the IRS number around 24. However, and get this, the number of forms I am retaining in case I get audited and include all the worksheets and other crap number 82 frickin' forms! Now that is just downright ridiculous!

It is completely outrageous that we as Americans (land of the free, home of the brave) have to put up with this kind of crap from our government. How many manhours, resources, and materials are being wasted YEARLY by everyone trying to fulfill the obligations of paying taxes in such a complicated and convoluted system as this that requires all these forms?

Unread 04-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

I am really looking forward to the new Democratic Administration which will solve all of our problems and relieve us of all this!!
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
I am really looking forward to the new Democratic Administration which will solve all of our problems and relieve us of all this!!
Yeah, right..... We'll have the bloodmobile visting each house on April 15th for MANDATORY donations....
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

O YAH I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT FIX
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

We've tried Democrat and that didn't work

We've had it with the Republicans...that sure as hell isn't working!

Unfortunately, anyone who breathes a word about a true restructuring of this convoluted tax "system" or a review or downsizing of the Infernal revenue service will NEVER get elected

I guess the bright side is this.

If you can't (or won't) do them yourself, there's always the the CPA's and Tax services. This keeps at least some people gainfully employed during tax season.

If you do them yourself, you'll need a computer, paper (lots of it apparently), ink, etc...this serves to keep the computer and support industry in $$$...

And of course, either way, you'll need either lots of migrain medicine....thus supporting the pharmaceutical companies and drug stores.

If you decide to protest and NOT file, you'll keep the feds employed (a bunch of them), as well as the legal beagles.

If you win....(not likely), the lawyers win. If you loose....well, you'll keep the soap industry in business.....

And as a last resort, when there's nothing left,...well, you'll support the firearms and ammunition industry....but either way you go, you'll only do it once....
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Well Steve Forbes ran for pres.and he wanted a flat tax.He got flushed down the toilet because he looked funny.Ron Paul wanted tax reform and some form of flat tax .He was labled as a radical.

Again it appears that the American people love to pay taxes.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
Well Steve Forbes ran for pres.and he wanted a flat tax.He got flushed down the toilet because he looked funny.Ron Paul wanted tax reform and some form of flat tax .He was labled as a radical.

Again it appears that the American people love to pay taxes.
Where ARE all those people? I have NEVER in my life ran into anyone who said they love paying taxes.....

The reason the "flat tax" proposal never worked is because it never was really a FLAT tax. It was still progressive because only the percentage was fixed. So a 10 percent "flat tax" means that if you make $20,000 you have to pay $2,000. If you make $200,000, then you have to pay $20,000. That is NOT flat!

What the government needs to do is act like a business. Run a census to determine how many taxable citizens there are in this country. Then figure out a REAL budget. Divide that budget by the number of taxable citizens, and that is what each person OWES for taxes that year. Doesn't matter who you are, what you make, or what you do. That is your BILL to be an American citizen. Don't want to pay your bill? Fine.... The boat leaves in the morning... Enjoy your new country. Which, since most other countries aren't going to want you either, will probably be Antarctica.
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I agree with most of what you've posted.But anyone promoting tax reform (in our favor) never gets past first base.

I know first hand as your aware a small business is just over come by not only tax forms but all the crap we have to post ,present and supply.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
coolassbrad

Name :
coolassbrad is on a distinguished road

and being a small business owner I swear every agency has theyre friggin hand out for something.I also hate when I pull up to a store and the bums sitting outside say nice car bet its expensive can I have a few dollars I'm down on my luck,F U I'm down on my luck too asshole housing sales are down so that means sign and advertising sales are down so I'm not making as much as I was 2 years ago.Also gas is 4 dollars a gallon thanks to a war that didnt produce 1 friggin WMD.So no you cant have a hard earned dollar Ive got to save it for the taxman
coolassbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolassbrad View Post
Also gas is 4 dollars a gallon thanks to a war that didnt produce 1 friggin WMD.
Yea that is the proof,, no WMD found... Sadam only had 3 years to hide them....
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote