The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #1791
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road

If everything is working and it were mine I would just drive it for 6 months. What's the old saying if it ain't broke don't break it. Those fitting in brass look like they came from someplace like Lowe's plumbing department. I know that connection does not meet your standards and I understand that but there comes a time when you have to turn the key and just enjoy the drive. My son is very particular about his vehicles and the slightest scratch and there off to the body shop. I told him one time to forget it because at 100 feet and 100 MPH nobody will see them. I don't know about Florida but here nobody has ever come up to my car and jacked it up to look at the underside.

That's not to say if it is a poor place for those lines to be run then by all means you will have to figure something out.
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #1792
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Hi Rich, Glad to see you finally got your car back. Sounds like Shane did a great job getting it fixed. Now maybe we can go to Silver Springs in Nov. I get my car back this Thursday. So far no reduced power the past 2 weeks of Clint driving it every day. Maybe our saga is finally over!!!
Mike, glad to hear that your car may finally be fixed too.

Hopefully you will never see that "Reduced engine power" message again.

I just wish it would stop raining around here every day so I could take the car out and put some "test" miles on it.
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #1793
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteJohn View Post
If everything is working and it were mine I would just drive it for 6 months. What's the old saying if it ain't broke don't break it. Those fitting in brass look like they came from someplace like Lowe's plumbing department. I know that connection does not meet your standards and I understand that but there comes a time when you have to turn the key and just enjoy the drive. My son is very particular about his vehicles and the slightest scratch and there off to the body shop. I told him one time to forget it because at 100 feet and 100 MPH nobody will see them. I don't know about Florida but here nobody has ever come up to my car and jacked it up to look at the underside.

That's not to say if it is a poor place for those lines to be run then by all means you will have to figure something out.
Heck, I'm not in any real hurry to do this, but I would like to know what I am dealing with so I can get what I need prior to taking it apart.

I found an older pic showing how Chris Harwood had rearranged that plumbing to fit around that Aeromotive fuel pump he mounted back there.

Don't you just LOVE how he had the output fuel line from the fuel pump routed right above the *hot* turbo waste gate on the right? Of course, then Aaron Scott mounted the second waste gate on the left, and then that put the input fuel line directly above that new gate.

In any event, it looks like that oil plumbing going TO the turbos includes a check valve for each of them.

I went back through some OLD pictures and found one of the plumbing right after Greg at Antivenom installed the turbos for me.

So it appears that the only thing on the actual plumbing that Chris Harwood changed was that AN angled fitting that replaced the original one on there. Everything else was as it came installed from the STS kit, I believe.

But no, as long as it is all working, I'm not in any hurry to do anything about it. At this point it's just one of those nagging perfectionist things that will be in the back of my mind.

Besides, I've noticed that while I was doing a bit of wrenching on the exhaust system yesterday, that now my left elbow is beginning to give me some problems. Just might be that my wrenching days are numbered... Or at least greatly limited in scope.

Last edited by Rich Z; 08-06-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: "Waste gates" NOT "Blow off valves". Duh...
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #1794
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

This morning while working on my car all the fingers on my hands suddenly cramped into a ball. I fully understand what your saying about wrenching. I now look at my work from the view point of can I use power or air tools to do the wrenching so that I don't have to suffer for days with soar elbows and fingers. And yet as a wise old man told me once these are the best years of our life (retirement). Oh and those are interesting pictures of the brass fittings as done by Chris. Frame that picture because it looks like the only thing he didn't screw up. By that I meant the fittings were left in there original configuration. On the other hand when he moved them and put the fuel line over the waste gate now that was a stroke of genuis And not be outdone Aaron took a page from Chris's book on that one.
Unread 08-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #1795
Rich Z

Arrgh... Waste gates.... Sorry, I put "blow off valves" there. Obviously it's not only my elbows that have suffered damage..... The brain didn't go unscathed, apparently.
Unread 08-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #1796
Rich Z

I pulled the input and output shafts off of that carbon fiber driveshaft today. Waiting for a shipping box that Pfadt says is on the way to me to return that shaft so they can measure it and verify that it is the incorrect length or not. Not that it's going to do me a damn bit of good if they send me a correct length shaft. Even if I wanted to put that thing back in there, which I certainly DON'T if the car is running fine, Shane would probably call me a damned idiot and refuse to do it, washing his hands of this imbecile here completely. So I wind up with a $2,000 paperweight. Not to mention the damages and expenses it caused.

Oh well, it would be nice if Pfadt owned up to it and made this right in a way that would really amount to something making me feel a little better about this, but I'm not holding my breath. I expect a CYA and damage control is about all I'll be hearing when they "inspect" that driveshaft.
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #1797
miami993c297

Name :
miami993c297 has disabled reputation

The sister thread in Corvette Forum is now locked...

Christian

418Ci TEC Assembled/ ETP-FTI Prep/ FTI "Barbara Streisand" Cam 664 HP Pump Gas.
Accepting imperfection signify losing the race against yourself…
miami993c297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #1798
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Typical of that forum. A bunch of know it alls, and never do anything wrongers...yeah right. More like backstabbers. They all take a side immediately, without knowing the entire storying. We all know damn well by now that Chris would never have measured that driveshaft, and if it was hard to fit, would have just made it fit rather than contacting Pfadt that something wasn't right. Of course, I'd like to know how they made a driveshaft 10mm too long. One more notch in the vette-o-wierdness.

I think you need this graphic on the front fenders.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #1799
Rich Z

Hmm, well it was that guy "pewter99" who closed the thread over there. Now THAT doesn't surprise me much at all....
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #1800
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

I left that forum a long time ago because of the attitude of some of the people on the forum and the administrators didn't seem to have the required male parts to police it.

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports