The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 10-17-2006, 09:29 AM   #1
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road
Talking Wipers possessed by demons, demons exorcised......

My wipers got possessed by demons. I clean out my udders and ended up having to replace the wiper motor.

Instead of replacing just the motor because I couldn't get the dumb thing off, I ended up just swapping the whole assembly. The new assembley works great but it's got a problem and I don't know if anyone has come across this one before. The problem is it seems the wipers are misaligned. Now, I'm not talking about the wipers on the glass, I'm referring to under the cowel.

It seems that the drivers side is way higher then the passenger side. The drivers side was so high that it was beating up against my hood. I had to loosen the mount and stuck a lugnut in between the mount and the motormount to drop it down so that it's barely away from the hood. The passengers side is a different story. It's so low, that it hits the cowel (conveniently now, made itself a wider hole) and lifts up off the glass. It does come back down onto the glass and wipes on the way down.

I've been meaning to take it apart again to play around with it some more but I figured maybe someone has come across this before. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

Guro305,

Take off the new assembly and match it up to your old assembly. Make sure the arms aren't bent.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

TK
Suicide King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide King
Guro305,

Take off the new assembly and match it up to your old assembly. Make sure the arms aren't bent.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

TK
I will.........eventually!!!!

Unread 10-22-2006, 01:54 AM   #4
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Ok King! I finally got around to the wipers today.

I figured out what was wrong. The plastic holder that bolts on to the passenger side of the wiper assembly broke. What I'm talking about is the black plastic piece that holds the little lug where you screw the wiper onto.

I took the old assembly and tried to take the old one off but it was impossible without totally wrecking it. Call me ghetto (like I haven't heard that sh!t before!) but since there was enough left on each side of the plastic holder, I took the screws off and removed the broken piece. Through those two now vacant holes, I run two zipties through them and zip-tied that s.o.b. real nice and tight. Used a couple of nuts from a standard 1/4" to get the alignment right and the passenger side lug, now goes through the cowel completely.

I adjusted the hood latches a little to assure that the wiper on the driver's side will NEVER touch the hood again and VIOLA, both wipers are working superbly. The passenger's side no longer lifts up and off the windshield and wipers up and down nicely. Problem solved.