The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Dumb stuff

Man I hate when I do something stupid.

I've had the trickle charger on the vettes for, well, seems like forever. But I needed to move the C6Z from the garage bay with the lift in it to another one in preparation of a friend coming over in a couple of days to bring my an extra compressor tank that we are going to hook up to my mobile on to give me more volume.

So anyway, I wanted to put the car up on the lift, since it was already all set up, to check on that oil leaking I had with the Pennzoil oil. So I had to disconnect the charger, and that damn thing was acting like it was alive and didn't want to leave the car. The clamps were catching on everything, and I was about ready to just shoot it so I could manage it a bit better with it being dead. So I guess I got too distracted, and just forgot to close the lid on the fuse box. So later on when I was getting ready to move the car, I just dropped the hood on it. I know I had to be looking right at it, because I was on the passenger side of the hood, but it just did not register. Next thing I knew, something flew out from under the hood and landed on the floor. And, of course, the hood did not close on that side. So I picked a piece of plastic up off of the floor, and it took me a moment to realize what it was.

Dammit. So I had to track down a replacement cover and have one on order. I may try to just glue the broken part pack on, not I don't think it will hold for very long. But I doubt the new lid will have the decals on it that the original one does. Maybe I just need to look into one of those plastic welding tools I saw a while back. Yeah, I need another tool.....
Attached Images

Unread 08-08-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
mrr23
The Alignment Guy

Name : Robert J Hinton
mrr23 is on a distinguished road

https://www.facebook.com/WreckedVettes/ if you want a used one that will have the decal
Unread 08-08-2017, 09:45 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/WreckedVettes/ if you want a used one that will have the decal
Thanks. I'll see what comes on the new one I ordered. At the very least, I want the fuse layout to be accurate.