The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > TAMPA BAY VETTES CLUB

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

TAMPA BAY VETTES CLUB "Friendship Building A Legend"

Unread 08-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
06 C6

Name :
06 C6 has disabled reputation
Default C6 Gas Mileage

I'm am the proud owner of an '06 C6 Convertible 6 speed. My question to you other readers and owners of C6's is: What kind of gas mileage do you get?
I have 4K miles on my car and, I drive it like an old man. I rarely get on the gas. I average about 19 MPG in stop and go driving, but can only get about 21 MPG on the highway. I would think taching 2000 rpm in 6th gear at 80 mph would afford better than 21 mpg. The EPA on the sticker was 28 highway. I KNEW that would be unrealistic, but I used to routinely get 25 and 26 MPG on my 2000 Coupe 6 speed that I used to own.
Any comments???
06 C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
DocDye

Name :
DocDye is on a distinguished road
Default C6 Gas Mileage

I have virtually the same car but an 05. I have about 20K on the clock and am getting 21.2 City and 26.8 Highway. I suspect your mileage will improve as you put miles on it but the main criteria is that you have got to stop driving like an "old man". We' re mostly all "old men", we just don't have to drive like it. Go on, push it over to over 130, there's plenty of pedal left. You bought it to go fast didn't you? Or just to look good???

Doc
DocDye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
06 C6

Name :
06 C6 has disabled reputation

Hey DOC...thanks for getting back to me. I have 5K miles on the odometer now and mileage is still about 19 MPG in lots of stop and go around town. I honestly can't complain about that. Highway mileage is now about 25 MPG at a steady 80 MPH in 6th gear with the air on and top up. As you stated, it may actually get better with a few more miles.
I would LOVE to take my C6 up to 130 MPH ++..can you tell me where I can do it and not get busted??
I did the Richard Petty thing at Daytona a month ago. That was a rush. If you've got $560 to spend, do it. It'll get you 8 laps in a 600 hp car, and you drive it yourself with no one in the car with you.
Interested? Go to
www.1800bepetty.com
Worth the $$. I may do it again on a different track.
06 C6
06 C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 11:41 PM   #4
MODVETTE05

Name :
MODVETTE05 has disabled reputation

Mileage? Do you guys really check mileage? I think I have 3300 or 3400 miles now on the car, a 2005 vert, A4, and I'm having so much fun that there is no way I can't not accelerate at least one time, half throttle, from a red light, just for the fun of it between fill-ups. Mind you, I am not beating my car to death either but I am totally enjoying my ride when I do take it out. And remember, this week anyway, my horsepower rating is about 455-460 at the flywheel; with a mild cam and a ported intake and polished TB around the corner.
Mileage? ok, I guess I'm getting about 25-30 mpg! that would be my guess!
It looks good but I would be guessing. I will check but it will be after the cam goes in.
MODVETTE05 is offline   Reply With Quote