The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Firearms and Other Weapons

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Firearms and Other Weapons Had a request for this forum, so here it is. Guess it will give me some place to talk about guns myself after selling my ArmsLocker forum.

Unread 05-07-2020, 09:39 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Muzzle brakes for .50 BMG

I was rummaging around in one of the cabinets I have some ammo and crap stored in, and stumbled on some muzzle brakes I bought years ago for a couple of the Barrett 50 BMG rifles I have. Anyway, I was looking around on YouTube and stumbled on a video showing the difference between firing one of these rifles with a muzzle brake and without.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZmkRqViMcg

I sure don't think shooting one of these guns without a muzzle brake would be a real wise idea!

Oh yeah, might as well store the video here about how to remove and install the muzzle brake while I am at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPQF-F3TNQ
Unread 05-10-2020, 10:43 AM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Do you still have the 50's Rich? Please leave me one in your will because I know I'll never be able to afford one!
Unread 05-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Do you still have the 50's Rich? Please leave me one in your will because I know I'll never be able to afford one!
Yep. Have two of them. Both Barretts. Model 99 and model 95. Never fired the 95, though. Bought the 95 used. Sold a bunch of baby snakes, then drove to a gun show and spent that money on the gun. I know why the guy sold it. He had put a rather expensive variable scope on it that only had an eye relief of about 2 inches. This gun is rather light for a .50 BMG, so I imagine he only fired it once. After getting stitches for the cut on his eyebrow where the scope hit him, I'm sure he didn't want to have anything more to do with that gun. First thing I did when I brought it home was to yank off that scope and bought one with 4 inches of eye relief, designed for the 50 caliber. But still, haven't gotten around to shoot it. I also bought a new muzzle brake from Barrett that is supposed to be more effective than the one that originally came with it. But haven't gotten around to that neither.

Sure hope someone sends me a "round tuit" some day.