The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Chris Harwood dba XtremeMotorsports, SportscarTech.com, and Arrive-n-Drive.com

There are several ongoing threads that will likely develop into discussions that will need to come to this forum, so I am setting this up as a place marker.

Those threads I am referring to are the following:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=44697
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=49634
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=44279

Just for reference sake, there are other threads in this forum concerning Chris Harwood as well. They are:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=39312
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=46247
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=39556
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=10648
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Rich Z

Here is a page I found about Chris Harwood that describes some of his self professed history. It is posted here for review, comment, and in case anyone is interested in researching Chris Harwood.

Quote:
Christopher A. Harwood, better known as Chris was born in Thomasville, Georgia on March 2nd 1978. His family has resided there since 1948 where they owned and operated a very successful automotive business and where Chris? passion for cars and racing began.

Chris comes from a family of racecar drivers/fabricators/engine builders. His grandpa began racing in the 50?s in what is now called the “Nascar nationwide series” as a driver and owner of a „55 Chevy which proudly displayed #22 on it. His grandfather has numerous feature wins as both a driver and an owner throughout his racing career. His career spanned over a decade which is when he decided to retire from racing and concentrate on his expanding family.

Chris? uncle took over the reins in the early 80?s and began racing on the local dirt track circuit which is where Chris began his experience with cars and racing at the age of five.
Chris spent the next ten years working in the family shop working on the race car with his family and spent many weekends at the race track. The family has numerous wins and won the track championship in the late model division in 1991.

In 1995 Chris? uncle retired as a driver and at the age of 15 Chris began his driving career. He began running in the local sportsman series where he had a top five run in his very first race and won rookie of the year that same year.

Chris had a limited schedule for the next three years due to school obligations. He continued to work on and set up other racers cars to race on the weekends. In 1997 one of the cars that Chris did all the chassis set up on won the track championship in the open wheel modified division.
In 1998 after graduating high school, Chris traveled with the “White racing team” racing in the “IMCA” as their crew chief, where they won another track championship at the Dead Lake Speedway. This is where he met a man named John Arnold who gave him his first break driving his dirt late model, where he finished 3rd in a field of 25 cars in the North Florida state championship race. Chris raced for John for two years consecutively and enjoyed lots of success with John Arnold motorsports.

December 1999 John Arnold introduced Chris to a professional corvette team owner. This is where the passion for Corvettes and road racing began in his life. He began an internship with the race team working at the shop and traveling the country racing in the SCCA T1 division.
division championship in T1 with Chris as crew chief. During the internship with the race team Chris learned the ends and out of road racing from driving to car set ups and the politics of SCCA racing.

Chris went on the build # 5 of 20 C5R factory Corvette kit cars which is proudly displayed in Chris? shop. The team continued to race in other divisions with the Corvette such as SARRC, SCCA, NASA and GRAND AM.

With the support of his family Chris and his wife started “Xtreme Motorsports” in 2005. The business became successful with numerous customers going for superchargers, heads and cam, nitrous kits, suspension upgrades, brake upgrades, interior upgrades, wheels and tire upgrade and dyno tunes just to name a few. In 2010 Chris decided he wanted to get back into the fabrication of race cars and get back on the track so “Xtreme Motorsports” became “Sports Car Technologies.”

==========================
16119 St. Rd. 71 S.
Blountstown Fl. 32424

Phone 850-907-9100
Fax 850-893-2345
Cell 850-559-9604

E-Mail chris@sportscartech.com

==========================
4973 Capital Circle S.E.
Tallahassee Fl. 32311

Phone 850-907-9100
Fax 850-893-2345

E -Mail chris@sportscartech.com
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

thanks rich.
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Rich Z

Domain registration info for http://www.arrive-n-drive.com:
Quote:

Registrant:
Sports Car Technologies

7306 Hollis St.
Tallahassee, Florida 32312
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ARRIVE-N-DRIVE.COM
Created on: 20-Aug-10
Expires on: 20-Aug-11
Last Updated on: 20-Aug-10

Administrative Contact:
Harwood, Chris chris@sportscartech.com
Sports Car Technologies
7306 Hollis St.
United States
(850) 907-9100 Fax -- (850) 893-2345

Technical Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
7306 Hollis St.
United States
(850) 907-9100 Fax -- (850) 893-2345

Domain servers in listed order:
NS31.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS32.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
===================================
Domain registration info for http://www.Sportscartech.com:
Quote:

Registrant:
Sports Car Technologies

16119 Hwy 71 S.
Blountstown, Florida 32424
United States

Domain Name: SPORTSCARTECH.COM
Created on: 04-Feb-09
Expires on: 04-Feb-11
Last Updated on: 25-Jul-10

Administrative Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States
+1.8509079100 Fax -- +1.8508932345

Technical Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States

NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
==============================
Domain registration info for http://motorsportsxtreme.com:
Quote:
Registrant:
Sports Car Technologies

16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States

Domain Name: MOTORSPORTSXTREME.COM
Created on: 06-Oct-06
Expires on: 06-Oct-11
Last Updated on: 25-Jul-10

Administrative Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States

Technical Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States

NS17.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS18.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road

I don't know the ends and out of what is going on but have a pretty good guess that it could become heated at times. With that in mind be careful not to put anything in print that could be used against you in a court if one becomes involved.
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteJohn View Post
I don't know the ends and out of what is going on but have a pretty good guess that it could become heated at times. With that in mind be careful not to put anything in print that could be used against you in a court if one becomes involved.
True. Only the facts need to be stated and everyone reading them can make up their own mind about what has transpired. Opinions, when stated, should be prefaced with the statement that they ARE opinions, and not unsupportable facts.
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #7
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation
Default My LS1383

Okay here goes.After 197 days in Chris Harwoods shop I had to get a trailer and get my car. Tried to find all the parts that were on my car when I DROVE it to the shop but that was an impossibilty due to the clutter and parts from so many different Vettes left in many different areas of the shop.I'm still missing a fast 92mm Throttle Body,MAF sensor, 8 Coil Packs,an ARP crank bolt brand new in the packaging,Thermastat Housing and maybe more since I'm not that well versed on what parts make up a complete LS1 motor. I'm sure I have left something out. Chris did Text me shortly after arriving at the shop saying that he would be out there Mon to give me the rest of my parts plus money he owes me from my paying to get the motor rebuilt and shipped and it was under his warrenty but he didn't have the money to pay the bills. I'm not going to hold my breath on getting the money and maybe the parts too. After being lied to for so long it's very hard to believe anything Chris says at this point.All of you who have had problems with Chris know what I"m talking about.
More will follow as the finishing of my car finally statrts taking place.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

I have a suggestion. Get a trailer and some help and load up every part in the place and take it to someones garage. Then set aside a few days or more for everyone to get together and go through the stuff.

I doubt he'll meet you because he's been evicted and probably doesn't want to look you in the eye. This guy should be out of business and in jail.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I have a suggestion. Get a trailer and some help and load up every part in the place and take it to someones garage. Then set aside a few days or more for everyone to get together and go through the stuff.

I doubt he'll meet you because he's been evicted and probably doesn't want to look you in the eye. This guy should be out of business and in jail.
John Arnold seems to be amenable to the idea of keeping a close eye on things in his building. Chris no longer has a key to the building, but unfortunately he will likely be the only person who knows which car much of the stuff belongs to. Not everyone will be able to tell what is off of their car, or whether something is even missing when looking at it. For instance, someone found an AC compressor underneath the table where my parts generally were located. They thought it was likely off of my car, but honestly, heck, I didn't know. I had the car towed out of there, but I never even looked under the hood to see what might be missing. Even had I done that, would I have noticed the AC compressor was gone?
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

not only has chris told me via text that he has no money to refund me but not my heads are mising. i will onlt state the facts here. i have saved over 200 text messages back and forth with chris repeatedly asking him where my parts that piad him $3000 for but where are my heads. all he has told me in the past was the machine shop is in merianna. thats where my 383 assembly and heads are. i talked with mike the boss out there and he told me and aron out at sgc that he has not done work for chris in over a year. now i have recovered just about all my original parts but now he is refuseing to give me my money or these parts. he will not reply to my text about where my heads are.

hopefully i can find somebody with a truck and trailor that can haul whats left of my car back to tallahassee. i have saved every text to and from chris for 3 weeks now.i have them all printed out and in the same file as his recpt. to me for work i paid him for. he told sron at sgc that he has my new parts and will deliver them by the end of the week. at this point i want my $3000 back as well as compensation for all the work i did out at his shop.travel expenses for haveing to haul my car and all my parts out.

i have filed a complaint with:

Bob Buchholz
IVESTIGATOR II
Divistion of consumer services, Bureau of Investigations

his contact info is:

850 871 0530 and 850 528 1909

i encurage everyone to get in contact with him asap. after showing up on chris's front door with leon county under cival standby. chris failed to show. he had 7 hours notice. if he wanted this resolved peacefully he would have been there. Chris told me nobody was home but the video i took of somebody repeatedly looking out the kitchen window was proof that somebody was home. and since they didnt answer the door tells me he was there or told kelli what was happening and told her not to answer. this also tells me that kelli is fully aware of all chris's resent activites and is now an accomplas.

i was informed by the investigator above that this is now a crimanal fraod investegation as i am one of many that has already contacted him.

ii droped my short block and tranny off at sgc today to get an estamate on what it will cost to finish what i payed chris to do. chris did not touch my car. i did all the work up to this point. now with my heads mising i am forced to put some of my person items up for sale to try and get the money for the repairs.

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...603#post122603

after all this my wife just wants the car gone so considering offers for what left of my car. i have everything but the heads at this point and the tranny has less then 1000 miles on it.