The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 11-07-2018, 12:33 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default 2018 midterm elections

Looks like DeSantis won the governor's seat.

Unless all of the remaining 0.1% total votes yet uncounted (9 precincts in Palm Beach County) are 100% for Nelson, Scott will win the senate seat.
Unread 11-07-2018, 06:20 AM   #2
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Looks like DeSantis won the governor's seat.

Unless all of the remaining 0.1% total votes yet uncounted (9 precincts in Palm Beach County) are 100% for Nelson, Scott will win the senate seat.
I pray he won.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Gillum conceded.

Nelson hasn't though.
Unread 11-07-2018, 12:31 PM   #4
Rich Z

Yeah, I was hoping for both DeSantis and Scott to win. But the Republicans didn't fare so well nationwide in the House, unfortunately.

On a side note, I have to admit that I'm a bit uncomfortable with the growing utilization of voting on amendments in these elections. Especially when they are putting multiple issues in separate voting capsules, so you have to vote yes or no for ALL of them as a bundle. That allows special interests to get something they really want to have passed simply by bundling it along with something that they know most people will vote for. And especially if an amendment is particularly complicated, and you really don't know what you are voting on unless you read the entire thing, which most people just are not going to do.

So both Connie and I have been just voting NO across the board for the amendments. Not that it seems to have mattered much. But still, bypassing our legislative system in this manner is a very dangerous thing for us to be doing. IMHO.
Unread 11-10-2018, 10:15 PM   #5
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Gillum conceded.

Nelson hasn't though.
So, did Gillum withdraw his concession?
Unread 11-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #6
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
So, did Gillum withdraw his concession?
Yep. I expect both Dems to win by cheating.
Unread 11-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #7
Rich Z

I guess I don't understand. When Connie and I go to the polls, we have to show our voter registration card and a driver's license before we even get a ballot. Our names are checked off on a list of eligible voters in our district/precinct.

Isn't that true all across the state, even in Broward County? A voter needs to prove their eligibility to vote, don't they? And it needs to be able to be verified during an audit or so-called "recount". If a vote by a legitimate voter cannot be verified, then the vote shouldn't count.

And isn't there a deadline for votes to be counted? If that deadline passes, any *new* votes are ineligible to be counted. Otherwise why have a deadline? I could claim next month that I have a ton of uncounted votes in my shed that I didn't notice earlier, otherwise.

Of course, the democrats have already stated that they need to do "whatever it takes" to win.

So if the American public loses faith completely on getting fair elections, what is going to become the only real alternative? Anarchy? Voting via the barrel of a gun? Something else?
Unread 11-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #8
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
I guess I don't understand. When Connie and I go to the polls, we have to show our voter registration card and a driver's license before we even get a ballot. Our names are checked off on a list of eligible voters in our district/precinct.

Isn't that true all across the state, even in Broward County? A voter needs to prove their eligibility to vote, don't they? And it needs to be able to be verified during an audit or so-called "recount". If a vote by a legitimate voter cannot be verified, then the vote shouldn't count.

And isn't there a deadline for votes to be counted? If that deadline passes, any *new* votes are ineligible to be counted. Otherwise why have a deadline? I could claim next month that I have a ton of uncounted votes in my shed that I didn't notice earlier, otherwise.

Of course, the democrats have already stated that they need to do "whatever it takes" to win.

So if the American public loses faith completely on getting fair elections, what is going to become the only real alternative? Anarchy? Voting via the barrel of a gun? Something else?
Both sides have become a sad joke and would rather fight each other than help this country.
Unread 11-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

All good questions Rich. Issues in Broward and Palm Beach Counties supposedly. The county that got hit by Hurricane Michael was able to count their ballots in a timely manner. New York, LA, San Francisco, Chicago.....all the large cities across the nation were able to tabulate their ballots with no delay. Funny how the two largest democrat counties here in Florida are the only two known to have an issue in the whole nation....
Unread 11-12-2018, 07:16 AM   #10
mrr23
The Alignment Guy

Name : Robert J Hinton
mrr23 is on a distinguished road

https://100percentfedup.com/fort-lau...tal-car-trunk/

pretty sure this is all just a ploy to slow down the results. just like the box found at the school. all plants to sow discourse and possibly force a recount or runoff