The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road
Default You Don't Know How Lucky You Got It

As some of you know I recently sold my 66 and 2001 Vettes and bought a 67 GTX. Now the GTX has needed some work and so far I have replaced the idler arm, upper and lower control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, and strut bar bushings. I also changed the front seat foam. I have pulled the 4 speed and resealed it, changed the u joints and pulled the steering box and resealed it and yesterday I pulled out the rear interior to fix the quarter windows so they would roll up and down. Now I ordered a roller kit which consisted of 10 plastic rollers and 6 clips for the tune of $69.95. When I got into it today I found that one of the metal roller assemblies was broken. I was on the computer and phone for over five hours trying to find this piece. I found a few places that had what I needed with prices ranging $75.00 to $200.00. Everyone I emailed I sent a picture so there would be no question as to what I needed. On junkyard told me he knew exactly what I needed but would only sell it to me if he could include a regulator, mounting plate, a new roller kit and the piece I needed all for $200.00 plus freight. Well I finally found a place in Texas, the guy wasn't rude or a jerk and sold me what I needed for $20.00. I can't believe how hard it is to find parts for these cars new or used, resto sites just aren't there, and the ones that are not only charge all the money but they screw you on the freight. I bought a p/s seal kit that weighed less than a pound and the guy charged me $14.00 freight. I bought a whole front end kit, plus special tools that weighed 42 pounds and I was charged only $16.10. Moral of this rant, older model Corvette owners are lucky cause almost everything is available and there are many places that sell everything. I feel better, oh wait I have to go to the gas station and fill up my V-8 Envoy. Lator Gator.

Todays source of aggravation

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I agree! I can find most of the parts I need, but I still get stabbed on the prices. Especially freight!
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote