The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 12-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Well sir, I didn't know you had been on a C130 and I beg your forgiveness. (if you believe that you're a total mess. )

I don't know of any military passenger planes and I am an expert. Seriously, we all agree that was bulishlt and I believe the stripes in charge can put an immediate stop to it. Why don't they? I'll guess because it takes some effort.
Well, I am a total mess, but that's another story
The military (and other Gov't agencies) have "executive aircraft" that we the taxpayer, are already paying for
These aircraft are as nice, and in many cases, nicer, than commercial aircraft, and could be used without incurring additional taxpayer cost.

Cost aside, even using commercial aircraft, why not simply have them land at a military facility, pick up the troop once they've been cleared by an appointed offical within thier command, transport them wherever, then land at another military facility.

No civilians involved (other than the flight crew), they go point "A" to Point "B" where they'll be debriefed, medically cleared, etc (any outprocessing they need to do) and are reunited with thier families in private!

By having one person (or team) designated as the Customs POC, you have a single POC and total accountability for the troops, without subjecting each and every one of them individually, to the rediculous TSA BS in public!

By using this method, it's no different than having a captain held responsible for the actions of his/her ship and crew.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
Lol.What kind of minneapolis auto repair expert you are???
Been there, lived there and expert enough not to go back there. Man, that looks brutal. Heil, it is brutal.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #13
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Well, I am a total mess, but that's another story
The military (and other Gov't agencies) have "executive aircraft" that we the taxpayer, are already paying for
These aircraft are as nice, and in many cases, nicer, than commercial aircraft, and could be used without incurring additional taxpayer cost.

Cost aside, even using commercial aircraft, why not simply have them land at a military facility, pick up the troop once they've been cleared by an appointed offical within thier command, transport them wherever, then land at another military facility.

No civilians involved (other than the flight crew), they go point "A" to Point "B" where they'll be debriefed, medically cleared, etc (any outprocessing they need to do) and are reunited with thier families in private!

By having one person (or team) designated as the Customs POC, you have a single POC and total accountability for the troops, without subjecting each and every one of them individually, to the rediculous TSA BS in public!

By using this method, it's no different than having a captain held responsible for the actions of his/her ship and crew.
Well for one thing you're usually talking about several hundred troops and small aircraft. I have no clue what aircraft the brass flies in.

I am guessing the majority of military fields are to short for civilian aircraft. That again is a guess. Maybe I can Google that and come up with something. Your post makes too much sense so there must be a good reason not to do that. Right?
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Well for one thing you're usually talking about several hundred troops and small aircraft. I have no clue what aircraft the brass flies in.

I am guessing the majority of military fields are to short for civilian aircraft. That again is a guess. Maybe I can Google that and come up with something. Your post makes too much sense so there must be a good reason not to do that. Right?
That's (one reason) why I could never be a politician.
They lack common sense.

We're not talking about small aircraft.

Most military airfields, even those in the box, will accomodate a large transport. As such, any civilian airliner short of a 767 should be able to get in and out with ease

The worse case scenario?

They might have to turn over the controls on take off and landing to a military pilot. Hell, cruise ships do this all the time!
You don't think Capt'n Ahab is actually docking his own ship to you?

Hell no
It's a harbor pilot. Someone who is intimately familiar with the waters
As for the types of aircraft, I forget the designations, but As I recall, they were using 707's in the day, 727's, etc, and A300 Airbusses (or the equivalent). Pretty much what you'll see on a common passenger flight, the military has an eqivalent.

My son has a book of U.S. Military aircraft. Shows pretty much everything we have.

Remember:

Unread 12-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #15
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

TSA is unbelievable sometimes. I understand they have a job to do but dayum! When I deployed to the middle east for the first gulf war, we flew over on a military C-5 Galaxy and flew back on a civilian 747. Back then (pre 911) there was no problem with customs either way.

Most, if not all, civilian airlines can be pressed into service by the military if need be. But the ops tempo now is insane and the military airlifters are hard pressed to meet their commitments. It may simply be that there were no military aircraft available during the required time frame. It's hard to say. Whatever the case, your frustration level is gonna be pretty high when you encounter situations like that.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #16
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dalton View Post
TSA is unbelievable sometimes. I understand they have a job to do but dayum! When I deployed to the middle east for the first gulf war, we flew over on a military C-5 Galaxy and flew back on a civilian 747. Back then (pre 911) there was no problem with customs either way.

Most, if not all, civilian airlines can be pressed into service by the military if need be. But the ops tempo now is insane and the military airlifters are hard pressed to meet their commitments. It may simply be that there were no military aircraft available during the required time frame. It's hard to say. Whatever the case, your frustration level is gonna be pretty high when you encounter situations like that.
And how much did you enjoy the long haul in the C5?
Unread 12-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

It was actually not bad. We sat in the upper deck in airline type seats. All that was missing were windows and flight attendants. I've flown in C-141's, KC-135's, and C-130's and they used jump seats along the fuselage of the aircraft. Not good at all for long trips.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #18
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
It was actually not bad. We sat in the upper deck in airline type seats. All that was missing were windows and flight attendants. I've flown in C-141's, KC-135's, and C-130's and they used jump seats along the fuselage of the aircraft. Not good at all for long trips.
I was assuming jump seats in the C5. I've worked on all of these (electronics) and never have seen that configuration. Thanks Mark.
Unread 12-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #19
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
That's what we used....sucked on long hauls.

Remember: