The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 12-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

With only the information we've been provided, I'd say Gordon's assessment was on the mark

"One who let's his alligator mouth overload his hummingbird ass!
Someone who can't handle confrontation for crap!
Let's his mouth overide his commen sense and ability."
Unread 12-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I can add only one more thing. Most of us think about different scenarios and the use of deadly force. I think if I took out someone while defending others, for instance a shooter in a mall I could live with my decision. If the incident occurred while just defending myself I think that is a decision that would haunt me the rest of my life.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't know how that guy can live with himself. It appears all he had to do was back into his house and instead he chose to kill the other guy.
That shows a great deal of humanity Bob. A concern for human life.
All bravado and BS aside, I agree with your on the protecting others assessment. That's what I've lived by for decades.

As for protecting myself, I don't think I'd have an issue with it either. Then again, I know when I would and wouldn't use deadly force. Made that decision 30+ years ago.

That said, I've retreated before to avoid a potential battle.
What is it that has been said?
Discretion is the better part of Valor

It's better to live to fight another day.

Besides, it's a lot less paperwork, and I don't line the lawyers pockets with my $$$$!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #13
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
That shows a great deal of humanity Bob. A concern for human life.
All bravado and BS aside, I agree with your on the protecting others assessment. That's what I've lived by for decades.

As for protecting myself, I don't think I'd have an issue with it either. Then again, I know when I would and wouldn't use deadly force. Made that decision 30+ years ago.

That said, I've retreated before to avoid a potential battle.
What is it that has been said?
Discretion is the better part of Valor

It's better to live to fight another day.

Besides, it's a lot less paperwork, and I don't line the lawyers pockets with my $$$$!
I just happened to be here when you posted and I'm not following you around.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would feel an obligation to help someone else within my capabilities and I don't think I would have a problem later but in the matter of protecting myself I think I would always second guess my decision for the rest of my life. Maybe because of your training you wouldn't have the same issues, I don't know. Heck, maybe I wouldn't either. I never want to find out.

I also think most of us share a concern for human life. We carry our weapons of self defense and talk about the 'what if' scenarios but if it actually came down to pulling the trigger most of us would actually be in extreme fear for our life or the life of someone else.

That's what's so wrong with that case in Illinois. True, we don't know all of the facts but from what I do know the guy is guilty of murder. Two guys facing each other and the deceased guy ran his mouth and the other guy thinks "I'll show him". Then a judge thinks probation is an adequate punishment after the shooter was found guilty of 2nd degree murder.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote