The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 11-05-2008, 05:43 AM   #1
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation
Default Was anyone suprised?

Was anyone really suprised that Osama, errr I mean Obama won the election? It was a landslide win. . . something like 338 to 162?

I know its wayyy too late, but I am still baffled and pissed that Juan McCain even got the nomination. I mean thats the first in a line of many problems with the Republican party.

And to be honest, I hate seeing the black people on t.v. crying and doing all the other b/s because he won. Like its "thier turn" because they got a brother in the white house. Its been thier turn for the last fifty years. Oprah and everyone else? Come on, give me a break.

Disgusted is really the only word I can think of to explain how I feel. Regardless of the party, race or gender, thats truly with the government as a whole. Ive got a feeling we're going to see some tougher times ahead of us.

Any thoughts?
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :

And how much do you want to bet he doesnt pull the troops out of Iraq. No way in hell he lets defeat fall on his and the the Dems shoulders. Typical pandering b/s.
Unread 11-05-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

I think I drank to much last nite , My head hurts and Obama won .
Now soon my a$$ will hurt to!!!!!
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
TxMomma
Texas Momma

Name :
TxMomma is on a distinguished road
Default ??

I have a ton of thoughts( most not good) whirling in my head as I sit here, watching Fox news, hearing "the people"(Oprah, Rev Jackson) speak, reading posts on other forums and I just can't help but feel lost and scared at what this may mean for our country. It will be interesting to see how the "oppressed, less fortunate individuals" will react and treat the individuals they see as the oppressors, the fortunate ones??? Is America really ready for the change that is coming.........

NCM #2022
TxMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
donzee

Name :
donzee is on a distinguished road

The dems have the whole shooting match now, we have no choice but to see what they do with it.
I dont think we can pull out of Iraq immediately, 2011 is the planned pull out date, Im guessing it will take at least that long.
donzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Not a whole lot we can do now but see how the Democrats do the next 4 years. If they do a good job, good for them and the country. If they drop the ball like the Republicans did for the last 8 years, you can always vote them out.

As for the african americans crying and showing emotion, you have to put yourselves in their shoes and experience the mistreatment, prejuidice and hatred some have endured over the past several generations.

For now, all we can do is pull together and back on our feet.
Unread 11-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #7
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :

The Republicans have really got to get thier act together. In a way it's sort of a good thing that McCain did not win the contest. What he represented was not true conservitism. Had he won, the conservitive movement would have been redifined as something its not. McCain is not a conservitive, but rather an aisle hopper.

But again I have to go back to my original post- He was the best we could come up with? Heck even on the Dem side there were far better choices for people with liberal views.

Much the same happened in '96 with Dole. It was "his turn" and he got destroyed. There is no line for nominations.
Unread 11-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
skrassow

Name :
skrassow has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
The Republicans have really got to get thier act together. In a way it's sort of a good thing that McCain did not win the contest. What he represented was not true conservitism. Had he won, the conservitive movement would have been redifined as something its not. McCain is not a conservitive, but rather an aisle hopper.
Dick,
I have to read your comment here and just hang my head. First off, I mean you no disrespect. But, this seems to be the type of "party voting" that has us always too far one way or another. I tend to think the answer is not all the way to the right or all the way to the left, but somewhere in the middle. and maybe *gasp* at times a little to one side or another! So if someone is an "isle hopper" as you put it, then that can be a good thing...a REAL good thing.
skrassow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #9
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrassow View Post
Dick,
I have to read your comment here and just hang my head. First off, I mean you no disrespect. But, this seems to be the type of "party voting" that has us always too far one way or another. I tend to think the answer is not all the way to the right or all the way to the left, but somewhere in the middle. and maybe *gasp* at times a little to one side or another! So if someone is an "isle hopper" as you put it, then that can be a good thing...a REAL good thing.
On some issues, yes, I agree the answer is down the middle. Abortion comes to mind first. But on issues like immigration, taxes and the economy. . .

But my point was that McCain said he is something that his record shows he is not.
Unread 11-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
skrassow

Name :
skrassow has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
On some issues, yes, I agree the answer is down the middle. Abortion comes to mind first. But on issues like immigration, taxes and the economy. . .

But my point was that McCain said he is something that his record shows he is not.
touche
skrassow is offline   Reply With Quote