The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 01-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #21
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj341 View Post
they don't identify the driver they do the car, they send 3 pictures and
if you are not satisfied you can go online and watch a short video!!!
they covered all bases.
Unfortunately, all that does is identify the vehicle and the violation.

Our entire system of both criminal and traffic law was based on personal responsibility and the accountability for your actions.

This whole camera issue eats at the very core of those concepts and is the basis for several challenges in both state and IIRC federal courts today.

Do I think they have a place?

Sure (back to that omni presence thing again).

Just think they need to re-think the fines considerably.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #22
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Looks like this forum could turn into a law enforcement forum. Let me give you a tip and see what you think. During a traffic stop, while the officer is approaching the stopped vehicle he should approach very close to the side of the stopped vehicle. If it's a van or maybe a limo and you can't see inside run your hand along side of the vehicle as you approach the driver.

Are you impressed?
...sounds very familiar

I actually preferred in some cases, having the driver ONLY step out and back to me. Not that I'd ever use anyone as a human shield But if there's a bad guy in the truck, well, he better hope they're good friends

Remember:

Unread 01-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #23
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
...sounds very familiar

I actually preferred in some cases, having the driver ONLY step out and back to me. Not that I'd ever use anyone as a human shield But if there's a bad guy in the truck, well, he better hope they're good friends
My buddy in Ft Worth told me that.

I had a cop in Isleworth pull me over for speeding. He got on the bull horn, ordered me to walk backwards toward him and then when I got to him he asked for my license. Then he told me to get back into the tuck while he wrote the ticket. Once again he's on the bull horn and tells me to walk to the back of the truck (not backwards this time) and meets me and hands me my ticket.

I was so pissed I couldn't see straight but I didn't say a word. I thought about reporting his actions but I didn't. I should have.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #24
donzee

Name :
donzee is on a distinguished road

"Damn Shadow, you have almost written a book. "

Bob, you arent kidding, I met Gordon a few years ago, My first comment was about his typing skills, if I answered the way he does, Id be researching for a day , and typing for two.
(hes good a getting things correct too)
donzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #25
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzee View Post

Bob, you arent kidding, I met Gordon a few years ago, My first comment was about his typing skills, if I answered the way he does, Id be researching for a day , and typing for two.
That's why I spend so much time on here. Takes me forever to type. He's had a lot more time to practice though. Either at the doughnut shop or the internet cafe.
Unread 01-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #26
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
My buddy in Ft Worth told me that.

I had a cop in Isleworth pull me over for speeding. He got on the bull horn, ordered me to walk backwards toward him and then when I got to him he asked for my license. Then he told me to get back into the tuck while he wrote the ticket. Once again he's on the bull horn and tells me to walk to the back of the truck (not backwards this time) and meets me and hands me my ticket.

I was so pissed I couldn't see straight but I didn't say a word. I thought about reporting his actions but I didn't. I should have.
I understand but in some areas the police assault rate is so high, I can't say I blame there. There may have been other reasons as well, who knows?
Reporting his actions probably wouldn't have done any good. It may have very well be SOP for that dept. for that particular type of veh/time of day/location?
As long as he was polite, I wouldn't have had any problem with it.

I've been "hands out to your side" and "stand right there'd" before with badge in pocketKinda have to about it. I always worry though....is this MOFO a rookie? God I hope he "ain't nervous"

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzee View Post

Thanks Donzee...I think

Quote:
That's why I spend so much time on here. Takes me forever to type. He's had a lot more time to practice though. Either at the doughnut shop or the internet cafe.
Adn we're glad to have you Bob

Remember:

Unread 01-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #27
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
I understand but in some areas the police assault rate is so high, I can't say I blame there. There may have been other reasons as well, who knows?
Reporting his actions probably wouldn't have done any good. It may have very well be SOP for that dept. for that particular type of veh/time of day/location?
As long as he was polite, I wouldn't have had any problem with it.

I've been "hands out to your side" and "stand right there'd" before with badge in pocketKinda have to about it. I always worry though....is this MOFO a rookie? God I hope he "ain't nervous"

Thanks Donzee...I think

Adn we're glad to have you Bob
Gordon, I know a punk when I meet one. This was in Isleworth , home to the rich and famous. Broad daylight and I'm passing through in my Crew Cab truck. He got me 8 over, not a school zone.

Now let's assume he felt a reason to order me to walk backwards to him. After he runs a check on me he knows I'm clean and just your average citizen. Why does he continue the BS? I have friends and relatives on various agencies and used to ride with my buddy in Ft Worth so I do understand when his actions might be necessary.

I would be the first in line to stand up for our civil servants (I don't like that term) and defend them to the hilt but this guy needs to grow up.
Unread 01-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #28
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Gordon, I know a punk when I meet one. This was in Isleworth , home to the rich and famous. Broad daylight and I'm passing through in my Crew Cab truck. He got me 8 over, not a school zone.

Now let's assume he felt a reason to order me to walk backwards to him. After he runs a check on me he knows I'm clean and just your average citizen. Why does he continue the BS? I have friends and relatives on various agencies and used to ride with my buddy in Ft Worth so I do understand when his actions might be necessary.

I would be the first in line to stand up for our civil servants (I don't like that term) and defend them to the hilt but this guy needs to grow up.
Hell Bob, if I saw a new crew cab, I'd think you were rich and famous
Those damned things are EXPENSIVE!

Broad daylight, no school (or "workiing" construction zone?), unless there was something about the truck that made me go huum???, I probably wouldn't have paid any attention to you...but that's me.

I really can't understand his reasoning (as I sit in in my desk chair this moring), and maybe a call to his supervisor might have gotten some things clarified?

On a side note, I was talking with a good friend of mine who stayed on with the dept. after I left. He's bailing in 54 days (not that he's counting or anything), and says it's bad

The agency is focusing on college and there's hardly any "prior military" types there anymore. Although these youngsters who've never been anywhere but college, momma's house and maybe a part time job somewhere while in school, like dressing up in the OD's, blousing the bouses and pants and playing soldier

Says the dept. is looking for college educated tri-athletes and the quality of the new guys on the street and the attitudes are terrible
I've seen it myself so I know he's right.

The whole walking backwards thing has me a bit confused if there was no alert for a similar vehicle?

Anyway, sorry for the bad experience. My "guess" is it was an overzealous newbie, maybe some kid that has just come out of "officer survival" training (that will get you back on your feet for a day or so) but I really don't know bro.

As for the "Public Servant" comment, you're right. Unfortunately, we've lost sight of that over the years. Even though it's now back on some of the cars, it's still a "lost art" in many cases

We (they) are public servants. Not slaves and not to be treated poorly, but servants all the same. That was a big part of why I entered the field in the beginning. We seem to have lost that edge in a lot of communities

If you believe in the Bible, being a "servant" wasn't always a bad thing

Remember:

Unread 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #29
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Hell Bob, if I saw a new crew cab, I'd think you were rich and famous
Those damned things are EXPENSIVE!

Broad daylight, no school (or "workiing" construction zone?), unless there was something about the truck that made me go huum???, I probably wouldn't have paid any attention to you...but that's me.

I really can't understand his reasoning (as I sit in in my desk chair this moring), and maybe a call to his supervisor might have gotten some things clarified?

On a side note, I was talking with a good friend of mine who stayed on with the dept. after I left. He's bailing in 54 days (not that he's counting or anything), and says it's bad

The agency is focusing on college and there's hardly any "prior military" types there anymore. Although these youngsters who've never been anywhere but college, momma's house and maybe a part time job somewhere while in school, like dressing up in the OD's, blousing the bouses and pants and playing soldier

Says the dept. is looking for college educated tri-athletes and the quality of the new guys on the street and the attitudes are terrible
I've seen it myself so I know he's right.

The whole walking backwards thing has me a bit confused if there was no alert for a similar vehicle?

Anyway, sorry for the bad experience. My "guess" is it was an overzealous newbie, maybe some kid that has just come out of "officer survival" training (that will get you back on your feet for a day or so) but I really don't know bro.

As for the "Public Servant" comment, you're right. Unfortunately, we've lost sight of that over the years. Even though it's now back on some of the cars, it's still a "lost art" in many cases

We (they) are public servants. Not slaves and not to be treated poorly, but servants all the same. That was a big part of why I entered the field in the beginning. We seem to have lost that edge in a lot of communities

If you believe in the Bible, being a "servant" wasn't always a bad thing
The truck was expensive but so was the Vette. Hopefully they will last my lifetime. I can't afford any more!

I called him a punk but you phrased it differently and called him a possible newbie. I really don't know but you could be correct. I'm sure if he continued to play his game someone else did report him.

I was talking to someone last week and they said the same thing you just did about recruits. I can't remember who it was or why we were even talking about it. Maybe it will come to me later. Talk later.
Unread 01-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #30
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
The truck was expensive but so was the Vette. Hopefully they will last my lifetime. I can't afford any more!

I called him a punk but you phrased it differently and called him a possible newbie. I really don't know but you could be correct. I'm sure if he continued to play his game someone else did report him.

I was talking to someone last week and they said the same thing you just did about recruits. I can't remember who it was or why we were even talking about it. Maybe it will come to me later. Talk later.
I know man. I was recently considering a CC Diesel (250/350) as a tow rig for our new rescue airboat.

Damn!!!I mean HELL!

I didn't want to buy the plant, just 1 truck!Feckers were expensive.
Nice trucks though. Decided to wait and see if we get grants, foundation funding or corporate donations instead of coming out of pocket. Really can't afford it at the moment.

Decided to keep my FJ62 Landcruiser (1989) and spend the $$ on refurbishing and upgrading that.

As for our officer (and new recruits in general), most grow out of it.

Sometime it takes an arse whippin, a Sgt. crawling up your back side or the sponges from Internal Affairs doing so with a microscope, to make you lighten up.
Like anything else, the more time you have unde you, the more comfortable you get...until something bites you (or someone close to you) in the ass! Then you tighten up for a few months...then it starts all over again.....

Remember: