The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 01-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #31
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I know man. I was recently considering a CC Diesel (250/350) as a tow rig for our new rescue airboat.

Damn!!!I mean HELL!

I didn't want to buy the plant, just 1 truck!Feckers were expensive.
Nice trucks though. Decided to wait and see if we get grants, foundation funding or corporate donations instead of coming out of pocket. Really can't afford it at the moment.

Decided to keep my FJ62 Landcruiser (1989) and spend the $$ on refurbishing and upgrading that.
You need to look at the big picture. My Vette was 52k and the truck was 50k. Kings Ranch loaded with options. I talked to a guy in a rest area because he was delivering new RV's with his Ford diesel. He had 450,000 miles on it and just had it in for it's first repair. They had to rebuild the tranny.

My truck is an '04 with 114,000 on it. Except for a minuscule oil leak I have not had one problem and one of the grand kids could still be driving it. I tow a 22,000# fifth wheel trailer with it effortlessly at any speed I wish to run. I get 20 MPG and 11 MPG towing. My gross weight is 30,000 plus.

Does this help? These are not trucks you want to trade very often unless you have a LOT of money. I don't. So in the long run, they are really cheap and you don't need a car. These have all the goodies, comfortable seating and a huge trunk if you put a bed cover on it.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #32
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
You need to look at the big picture. My Vette was 52k and the truck was 50k. Kings Ranch loaded with options. I talked to a guy in a rest area because he was delivering new RV's with his Ford diesel. He had 450,000 miles on it and just had it in for it's first repair. They had to rebuild the tranny.

My truck is an '04 with 114,000 on it. Except for a minuscule oil leak I have not had one problem and one of the grand kids could still be driving it. I tow a 22,000# fifth wheel trailer with it effortlessly at any speed I wish to run. I get 20 MPG and 11 MPG towing. My gross weight is 30,000 plus.

Does this help? These are not trucks you want to trade very often unless you have a LOT of money. I don't. So in the long run, they are really cheap and you don't need a car. These have all the goodies, comfortable seating and a huge trunk if you put a bed cover on it.
There's no doubt about thier worth. My thing is, other than the airboat, and occasionally a fixed hull, I'm not likely to be towing or hauling much.

Canoes, camping gear, smaller trailered boats and such I can easily haul with my Landcruiser.

Ther truck would not get that much use and I don't have 50k to throw at something to sit around.

That's why I got rid of my 2000 Z28 convertible and my 87 Vette. Too many toys and not enough seat time

Decided to get completely out of debt first, then start re aquiring toys as I want and need them but doing so hopefully, without going into debt

Maybe one day my friend

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #33
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
There's no doubt about thier worth. My thing is, other than the airboat, and occasionally a fixed hull, I'm not likely to be towing or hauling much.

Canoes, camping gear, smaller trailered boats and such I can easily haul with my Landcruiser.

Ther truck would not get that much use and I don't have 50k to throw at something to sit around.

That's why I got rid of my 2000 Z28 convertible and my 87 Vette. Too many toys and not enough seat time

Decided to get completely out of debt first, then start re aquiring toys as I want and need them but doing so hopefully, without going into debt

Maybe one day my friend
I am almost afraid to ask. Do you still have a Vette? You are so right about retiring with out debt. That's why I'm driving my last truck and my first and last Vette. Now if I win the lottery, we both get new Vettes.

Oh damn Gordie, I forgot. I don't buy lottery tickets.

We need to get outta this thread before Rich disciplines us for being off topic. Your turn.
Unread 01-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #34
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
I am almost afraid to ask. Do you still have a Vette? You are so right about retiring with out debt. That's why I'm driving my last truck and my first and last Vette. Now if I win the lottery, we both get new Vettes.

Oh damn Gordie, I forgot. I don't buy lottery tickets.

We need to get outta this thread before Rich disciplines us for being off topic. Your turn.
To answer your question, not at present
I'll get another but first things first.

I kept the truck becuase it's free and clear, and I've got an 08 Scion Xd "the PUG" that I use for a DD for work.

The truck is my bug out vehicle for when the world ends (or the hurricanes/flooding come)...at least I'll be able to get me and the family out

God willing, I'll be out of debt in a year or so. Makes for a pretty boring existence right now, but down the road, Katie bar the door!

I keep saying the same thing about the lottery, but I keep forgetting to buy tickets

Now....about those chases.....

Remember:

Unread 01-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #35
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
To answer your question, not at present
I'll get another but first things first.

I kept the truck becuase it's free and clear, and I've got an 08 Scion Xd "the PUG" that I use for a DD for work.

The truck is my bug out vehicle for when the world ends (or the hurricanes/flooding come)...at least I'll be able to get me and the family out

God willing, I'll be out of debt in a year or so. Makes for a pretty boring existence right now, but down the road, Katie bar the door!

I keep saying the same thing about the lottery, but I keep forgetting to buy tickets

Now....about those chases.....
Take a look at Digital Corvette. Lots of Vettes for sale when you're ready. Also Corvette Forum. Problem is most of these guys want way too much for their cars and if it were me I would buy local from a motivated seller.

What is DD work?

You think you are bored look at how many posts I've made since joining. I'm 66 and retired but I always planned on working maybe 3 or 4 months a year. I haven't had any offers in a year.

Got another house by Arcadia and can't sell it. One guy bought it a year ago and he was a good guy. It's a small gated community and I know him. Bank would not loan him the money. Bast--ds! So anyway, money is tight here also.

I need to find some interesting police stuff we can PM about. I was almost one of you guys about 45 yrs ago.
Unread 01-29-2010, 05:25 AM   #36
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Take a look at Digital Corvette. Lots of Vettes for sale when you're ready. Also Corvette Forum. Problem is most of these guys want way too much for their cars and if it were me I would buy local from a motivated seller.

I'm a member at DC and have been for years.
I won't get into detail, but I'm no longer a member at CF. Was a LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBER and very involved there, probably close to 10k in posts and not just BS "post whore" posts, but post to try to help out other members.

I was made persona-non-grata a few years ago after IB bought it and IMO, ruined it.

Again, I've said too much already. If you want detail, I'll be happy to share them by phone or email...not going to f**k up our board with my issues on CF.

If I need some info, I'll drop in an look.
I could re-register and troll, but why bother?

There's more than enough drama here to keep me busy and intertained, and and I don't have to put up with the "attitudes"

If I want or need a national or international flare, or if I'm ever in the market to buy/sell parts, aside from here (rather deal locally with friends if possible), I'll go back over to DC I'm also still a member of several other national and international sites that I "peruse" on occasion, but I haven't posted on them in quite some time.
I'm on several 4WD/Diesel and Landcruiser sites and for the time being, there's no need to go elsewhere.
As far as buying another vette, when I'm ready, I'll be looking locally (State of Florida/Georgia/TN/NC) and would rather deal with friends...or a dealership I can get my hands on if something goes wrong

What is DD work?

A work vehicle-DD= Daily Driver.

You think you are bored look at how many posts I've made since joining. I'm 66 and retired but I always planned on working maybe 3 or 4 months a year. I haven't had any offers in a year.

Man, I wish everyone were that "bored." We'd need more band width
What kind of work do/did you do?

Got another house by Arcadia and can't sell it. One guy bought it a year ago and he was a good guy. It's a small gated community and I know him. Bank would not loan him the money. Bast--ds! So anyway, money is tight here also.

That was good of you. Most people wouldn't do that. Good on you my friend

I need to find some interesting police stuff we can PM about. I was almost one of you guys about 45 yrs ago.
So, you were one of the smart ones and stayed away

My PM box stays full. I'll shoot you my email address.

Remember:

Unread 01-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #37
Bob K
Deceased

PM sent Mr. Shadow.
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #38
Shadow

Name :

Remember: