The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 02-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #21
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
I didn't say people didn't complain anbout FEMA, just that it wasn't racist complaints.

That's exactly what I was saying, thank you.
Exactly. We're on the same page my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzvette View Post
They did it was just in Spanish and you didn't understand it.

Cheers
shut up un pinche pendejo.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #22
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Exactly. We're on the same page my friend

shut up un pinche pendejo.
Te amo también mi amigo

De una manera no homosexual

aclamaciones
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #23
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Te amo también mi amigo

De una manera no homosexual

aclamaciones

Thats what they all say!

Remember:

Unread 02-11-2010, 03:02 AM   #24
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Man, I turn my back for two seconds. And when I get back people are propagating the sucking of nuts and saying phrases in languages I don't understand other than the words "pendejo" and "homosexual". Football is indeed a violent sport.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #25
Shadow

Name :

So how is it you only understnad those 2 phrases?...Huummm????

(JMWY dude!)

Remember:

Unread 02-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #26
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Wow, so this is probably how Washington works too. Start a friendly conversation on a sport and next thing you know the mud slinging starts on something totally different. No wonder nothing gets done. Everyone is too busy listening to their own voice.
Now as to Football, I like my Saints and I like the way they played to win. The 4th and 2 yards at the end of the second quarter and going for the touchdown instead of a field goal and the very brave onside kick at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Now that's football.

Last edited by THOR; 02-11-2010 at 12:31 PM.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #27
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I couldn't agree more with EVERYTHING you said.

I did root for the Colts but I was happy for the Saints. The onside after the half plus the mistakes Manning made just didn't make them competitive. They blew a lot of opportunities and the Saints played terrific football.

In the pregame show a close game with scores in the 20's was predicted by the analysts. I thought it would be a high scoring game. Shows what I know.

Remember:

Unread 02-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #28
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I'm not a big fan of either team but CONGRATS to the Saints. They played smart, we really want to win, football. That onside kick, genius.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #29
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So you lose respect for a man that asks you a question or challenges your belief system, and you respond with vulgarities? You're awful angry there dude, but usually what happens when a nerve gets touched. I asked a question based on what you wrote, your response speaks volumes. You must spend a lot of time being angry at the world and everyone in it.
Nope, actually I am not angry at the world, just can't stand dumbasses. I believe racist people fall in that category. You (while I have not seen anything racist from you specifically) definetly fall into the dumbass category. I lost respect for you because you chose to try and twist my statement into a racist one. I pointed out facts, and by that you called me racist. That sir is unacceptable. You don't know me, my family, or the make up of my friends. You are actually pretty lucky that I had time to cool off and was not within sight of you when you called me racist. Only low life thugs with a lack of self respect have to try and demean other people by declaring that someones actions are racist without proof. The city did that to the government and you did that to me.

Quote:
I stand by my assessment of your post and your subsequent reply has done nothing to change my opinion, to which I am entitled to, and to post about so long as the powers that be here allow it. You in turn sir are also entitled to the same things.
Yep, we all have opinions. The old saying goes that everyone has both an opinon and an asshole, both usually stink.

Quote:
I do find it difficult to understand how the residents of New Orleans were being racist, but to each their own. For me it was not difficult to read between the lines of what you posted, for others maybe it was.
It was very clear. The media plastered the coverage all over the place of the mayor and the governor saying that the federal government took their time to help the city because they were racist. I didn't say it, I just watched it. That in turn shows me how the city runs. My knowledge of the city has shown multiple times over that the residents as a whole echoed the same phrases the leaders did. There were various sound bites of people who were at the stadium and other places of refuge saying the EXACT SAME THING. They chose to ignore the order to leave, turned away the buses provided to them and then they cried foul when the whole thing bit them in the rear. Florida had their disaster relief squad on the state line ready to go but the LA Gov and the N.O. Mayor declined their services and help. Immediately after they declared that the world was ignoring them because the world was racist against a primarily black city. The other cities mentioned never stooped to the low level of throwing a race card into the mix just for effect. Unfortunately the poor judgement of the city now diminishes true complaints of racism that exist every day. Its the cry wolf theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN News article
New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin on Friday blamed racism and government bureaucracy for hamstringing his city's ability to weather Hurricane Katrina and recover from the disaster that struck the Gulf Coast nearly a year ago.
And

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN News Article
Nagin, who earlier this year apologized after declaring New Orleans would again become a "chocolate" city, condemned federal regulations that discourage rebuilding in the largely black and low-lying Ninth Ward.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14414777/

Quote:
What's even more amazing is the fact that the loss of life and human suffering elicits such an angry response from you, seeing things from afar as opposed to actually being there are worlds apart. Sorry that I have a heart and care about my fellow human beings and I can over look things said in the moments of desperation and attempts at survival. I'll try and keep that in check.
I am not angry over any loss of life or human suffering from a natural disaster as you try to say. Again you have blinders on and try to twist what I say. You must be a lawyer or politician the way you spin things.

I specifically stated that the city as a whole is racist. I cannot stand racism. Throwing the race card into the mix like the officials did followed by some retards such as Kanye West during the fund raiser simply disgusts me. I get tired of hearing any reference to race as an excuse for behavior. To say the government is racist is an inflamatory statement and it only seeks to gain favor by causing the recipients of the statement fear. The reverse racism is every bit as disgusting as the racism shown to the black people in the south in the 50's and 60's. There is NO REASON to make it a race issue, THE STORM WAS NEVER A RACE ISSUE.

The fact that the city is a majority racist is why I said in my original post that the Saints win is good for them, not good for the city that has been through so much. Good for the Saints, piss on the racists. No one has said that the Miami Dolphins should win to bring up the spirits of their neighbors in Homestead. If you haven't been down here to south FL lately you may be surprised to see that there is STILL visual remnants of the more serious hurricane that hit in August of 1992. It would be easy to claim racism here as the area is a huge mix of Hispanic, Black, and various Island countries. I did not hear Florida stoop to the level of N.O., and as a matter of fact NO OTHER AREA HAS STOOPED AS LOW.

Your twisting of my words to try and insinuate that I am racist shows a lack of etiquette on your part. You sir are a closed minded cretin who feels a need to throw accusations around without merit.

I am already tired of this thread and I took about three minutes to Google racism in New Orleans and one of the top responses is listed below. In the response (which is written by a journalist - not some "angry guy on a Corvette site") clearly shows Ray Nagin's racist views which were plastered all over the place after the storm.Even the man who was hired to help rebuild the city (Ed Blakely) left the job after saying that the city was so involved in racism that "race riots are likely soon".

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=34378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story link below
Ed Blakely lambastes New Orleans, saying its residents are racist, lazy
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s.../post_112.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story link below Ed Blakely-Hurricane recovery czar
Everyone’s a racist. It’s part of what we have in this country, but it’s deeper, more viral, more visible and more entrenched in New Orleans than any place I’ve ever seen.
Don't forget this is the man who Mayor Ray Nagin CHOSE to come to his city to rebuild. This man was a hand picked friend of the Mayor. To turn around and say something like this must mean that it is SO ENTRENCHED IN NEW ORLEANS THAN ANY PLACE HE'S EVER SEEN indicates that what I said was true. This man has been at the forefront of several natural disaster recovery operations to include the Bay Area California quakes. Are you going to call him racist too Bradley? He is an African American, so I doubt you will although you like to throw that around alot, remember the cry wolf story?

http://www.theind.com/content/view/5176/54/
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #30
Shadow

Name :

FOOTBALL gentlemen....FOOTBALL!

(otherwise, we shut 'er down and move the pertinent posts to a new thread in the Ranting Room!)

Remember: