The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 09-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS: 1967 Convertible project nearing completion

Fair warning…this is going to be a really long ad.

I hate to sell this car before it’s completely finished, but my finances along with a change in job location forces a sale. If you’re looking for a no-hit, completely original car, then this is not the one for you. It is, however, a fairly nice example of a C2 convertible that, once finished, will make an outstanding driver for someone to enjoy.

The car is a 1967 convertible, 327/300 4sp, white with red interior. It is numbers matching on the engine and transmission and it is an original white/red car. The current rear end is a 4.11, and I have a couple other differential assemblies that I will include with the sale. It was originally a base model car with no power steering or power brakes, but I have retrofitted the car with both as it was meant to be a driver. I also added a Vintage Air 67-specific air conditioning unit since it gets downright nasty hot here in coastal Georgia. The car has a stinger hood on it, which obviously isn’t original, although I was told it is a legit OEM ’67 big block hood. I can’t verify that for sure.

I got the car in the early summer of 2014 from a guy in Florida who was interested in trading it for a C6 I had for sale. The car had been restored about 6 years back, but was in an accident and the owner couldn’t afford to pay to have it fixed. He gave it to the man I bought it from to settle a debt. I was originally in the market for a C2 coupe, but when I was presented with this trade offer, I decided to tackle this project with the ultimate goal of selling it and buying a coupe to do an LS conversion in. With this being a numbers car, I didn’t feel right cutting it up to customize it the way I wanted, so I decided to try to get it together to the best of my ability and sell it when it was done. The title is clean, and is not salvage or rebuilt.

The car was hit in the driver’s door and did damage on the front fender and door area of the car. It also bent the frame, so they procured a ’66 frame that they sat the body on while they completed the body work and had the original frame straightened. They started putting the car back together on the ’66 frame, and I never swapped everything back over. In hindsight, I wish I had, but I didn’t have room in my garage to pull it off and the frame it was put on was in really good shape, so I just kept it as it was.

The car was brought to me as a basketcase…a complete shell with no interior components in it at all, no windshield, and with the engine and trans also out of it. I got a couple of big boxes of parts, and believed that the car was mostly complete. It was not even close. To be quite honest, the seller presented the car as something that it wasn’t, with parts that it didn’t have, and with issues that he didn’t disclose. But ultimately, that’s on me. I was excited to have my first C2, and didn’t do the homework I should have. Hell, I didn’t know enough to tell what I was missing. But I digress…

Fast-forward two years, and I have the car mostly put together. I was away for almost a year and didn’t have the chance to work on it, but after getting back this summer I’ve tried to get it ready to be finished. I can tell you now that I have nearly all the parts needed to finish the car, outside of the bodywork that will need to be done for it to be perfect. I’ve itemized everything that I can think of that the car will need to be finished, but there’s bound to be a few minor pieces here and there that I haven’t accounted for.

The car starts and idles fine, but it is in need of ignition and carburetor tuning, which I haven’t done yet. I have not driven the car, but have no reason to believe there are any issues that would preclude it from going down the road right now. I will probably try to get it out and take it for a short drive around the block soon just to see. It has a Be Cool aluminum radiator that doesn’t leak, and seems to cool well at idle. The starter, alternator, and power brake components are all brand new. I put a set of McJack’s headers on the car, which mount right up to the factory side exhaust, and look and sound fantastic. The complete side exhaust and covers are also brand new…and I’d add that I had to wait over a year to get them. The engine has not been apart other than the valve covers, timing cover, and intake manifold, but everything is in great shape that I can tell…the timing chain has been upgraded, and it sounds like it possibly has a small cam in it…maybe a stock-type 350hp version? It’s not huge and shouldn’t affect driveability at all. It could very well be stock. The engine does have a non-original but period correct 350hp intake manifold on it, and is fitted with a new Holley carburetor that is a direct replacement for the original ’67 unit. The fuel pump is new, as is the fuel tank and sending unit. The clutch is also new, but the linkage could probably use some adjustment since it’s just been assembled and the bugs not worked out yet.

The interior is in very good shape with new carpeting laid over sound deadening/heat shielding. The seats were bought from a private seller and then restored with new foam and covers, and are excellent. The dash is in good shape, to include the instrument cluster and glove box. All gauges appear to operate as they should except for the clock, which I’ve observed to work intermittently. The car was outfitted with a Flaming River steering column when I got it, which fits fine and looks good. The driver’s side door panel is brand new, but the passenger side is the one that came with the car, although it’s also in great shape. All the other interior trim pieces are there and in good shape as well. The original convertible top frame was slightly bent in the accident, and I could never get it to straighten out and line up right on my own, so I bought a brand new powdercoated frame and a new black Al Knoch top for it that haven’t been installed yet. The latches and hardware for the top will need to be purchased as the ones that I have are broken and in poor condition. I have also installed a new weatherstripping kit with the exception of the pieces for the convertible top.

The exterior of the car is in decent shape, but to be honest, the shop that had it before me rushed to get it painted and didn’t do a proper job on all of the bodywork. The panel fit is not great on either door, the hood, or the rear valance, and honestly the gaps are considerably off on the headlight buckets. Part of that may be my complete inexperience in aligning C2 body parts, but I believe that it may need some work. I’m just trying to be as honest as I can…if it’s not as bad as I make it out to be, so much the better for you. It also needs some minor filling in an area below the windshield before the windshield trim can be reinstalled. I think that depending on how far you want to take it, most of this work could be done and the areas resprayed and blended and it would look just fine for a driver. Obviously, for it to be done really nicely, a complete respray would be in order. The paint is decent at best…it is only a couple years old, but was a mediocre job in the first place, and is only of driver quality. I have all the bumpers, grill, and exterior trim pieces for the car, and they are in very good shape overall. The chrome is in good shape on virtually everything. The front grille is excellent.

Here is a limited list of brand new parts that are on the car. This list does not encompass every new or restored part, but I do have a stack of receipts to show exactly how much I’ve invested into getting the car together and making it right…

NEW PARTS
Wheels (American Racing TTII)
Tires (BFG 225/xx/16)
Vintage Air Retrofit Air Conditioning kit
All wiring harnesses are Lectric Limited (Engine, Dash, Body)
Converted to power steering and power brakes
Alternator
Starter
Clutch
Battery
Carburetor
McJack’s Headers
Complete Side Exhaust with covers
Air Cleaner
Seats restored
Carpet
Drivers door panel
Powder coated convertible top frame
Convertible top
Weatherstripping
Gas tank and sending unit, fuel pump
Rotors, Brake pads, Shocks
Radio
Windshield
Running Lights
And more…

In addition to all the new parts, this sale includes all the spares, extras, and original pieces that I have, to include tail lights, door handles, running lights, wiring harness, stock heater core, spare 67 seat, rear differentials (2), radiator, top frame and top, exhaust manifolds, steering wheel, and more.

Here’s the short list on issues/needs…

ISSUES/NEEDS
Panel fit (Rear valance, doors, hood, headlight buckets)
Minor body-work needed, as described
Emergency brake setup (67 components not easily compatible with ’66 frame, but I have all the pieces to make it work. E-brake is currently inoperable)
Convertible top latches and hardware
Driver’s side headlight bezel
Tuning needed (ignition and carb)
Convertible top frame and top installed
Paint?
Car runs, but has not been driven. Bugs will need to be anticipated and worked out.

That’s about it, I guess. You can take a look at my build thread on the forum here: (http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...ld-thread.html) and see tons of photos and the progress that I made from my very first day with the car. I have all my photos of the car on a photobucket site here: http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/bq...?sort=2&page=1. I’m also happy to discuss any aspect of the car that I may have failed to mention in this ad. I’m a full disclosure, no BS kind of guy, and I want for you to know exactly what you’re getting with this car. I really do believe it has the potential to be a nice car, but I’ve reached my financial and technical skills limit and just can’t take it any farther right now. With a pending move, it’s just the right decision for me to move the car if I can. If I can’t sell it for a reasonable price, I’ll hang onto it until I can afford to get it done right. I just hate for it to sit when someone else could finish it and enjoy it, since I was going to sell it anyways when it was complete.

$35,000 for every single piece and part, nut and bolt that I have for the car, to include the original rolling chassis/frame, extra seat, original top frame and top, extra rear end, radiator, etc. I’m not even breaking even at that price, but I feel like it’s fair for an original white on red, numbers matching ’67 that can be a very nice driver, but admittedly needs some work to complete. Please let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to PM me for my phone number if you’d like to speak in person.

I would prefer an outright sale, but would consider a trade for a C2 coupe of equal value. I’m not in a position to add any cash onto a trade at this time.

Car is located on Saint Simons Island, GA, which is about an hour south of Savannah and an hour north of Jacksonville, FL.

Below are a few photos of the car. Thanks in advance.

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote