The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Staging Area

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Staging Area Please use this forum to test your postings if you are unsure about the features of this site.

Unread 02-20-2020, 06:05 AM   #1
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough
Default What’s old is new again!

A lot has transpired in the past few years of my life. I was supervising a DOT project here in Florida starting back in 2015. It was a contract position and was to end in July of 2020 unless the company I worked for got a renewal. One of my associates was quite taken with my 2004 CTS V and had expressed a desire to buy it should I ever consider selling it. Long story short, I made a deal with him about two years ago and made him one happy man. Fast forward, the contract renewal didn’t happen and my wife and I took a bold step and got our CDL class A licenses, went to work for a transportation company about a year ago. Best thing we ever did! With a year under our belts we’re a hot commodity today and were recruited by a specialty company that has promised us a yearly income north of $160K! Meanwhile my buddy who had bought my Caddy had been having some medical issues and, due to having seizures, was on the verge of losing his drivers license. So last week I got my hot rod Cadillac back! I didn’t realize how much I had missed it until I drove it up from Orlando last Friday! The thrill is back!
Attached Images

Unread 02-20-2020, 08:19 AM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

A CDL is better than most college degree . I understand on the Caddy as I'm trying to buy my 03 C5 back .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

You're right. These companies are constantly in search of clean CDL holders and they offer some really good pay packages to get them.

Good luck on getting your car back. I was just going down to have dinner with my buddy when he sprang this on me! It was quite unexpected. He was quite emotional what with his prognosis and giving back the car. I'm sure he could have sold it to anyone but he knew what the car meant to me and wanted me to have it back.