The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 02-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Server move in the future...

A while back I moved this site along with CorvetteInternational and a few other minor sites I run onto their own separate server to help increase throughput and speed on this site and the others. But this was the primary incentive for that server I purchased. I thought we were going to be growing rapidly and the additional space and bandwidth would be necessary pretty shortly.

But this site just doesn't seem like it is going to budge from the status quo it is now out. We're barely getting 80 registered members to log in each day, posting is mediocre at best, paid advertising is not what I had hoped for, and the paid memberships, although appreciated, are never really going to pay the cost of this additional server.

So with that in mind, sometime over the next month or two, I will be conferring with my server guy to consolidate all my sites onto a single server to try to get that additional monthly burden off of my shoulders. That is $3,000 per year that I don't really need to have to bear when I finally retire from my business.

As such, quite likely throughput here will likely be slightly slower than it is now. Hopefully it won't be too bad, but I'm going to try to make certain that the single server I have will be up to the task. But there will be a substantial amount of guesswork involved, so please bear with me.

Just wanted you all to know rather than springing it on you after the fact when I have to explain why things may have slowed down somewhat.

Thanks all.......
Unread 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Dang I didnt realize it was that expensive !!!!!

We understand yo have to do what you have to do... I dont know why this site is not more popular than it is.

I guess cause its not a bunch of money grubbing pricks here..

I hate to say it but for some reason the ones who treat people like crap seem to get further in life, business whatever.... I know its not like that for everyone but I have seen PLENTY of it happen and thats what I am begining to believe

O well I will still log on slow or not
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I can certainly see why you would want to consolidate. Thanks for letting us know.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #4
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

You spend more per year hosting sites than a large majority of the population seems to spend on their daily drivers. Crazy, I can understand the need to change.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

My primary server costs me even more. All total I'm spending $650 per month on these servers. At one time I had 4 servers I was maintaining. Been cutting back stuff as needed. Web hosting went into the toilet a while back. Not cost effective for the low amounts I had to compete with. When someone is paying only $4 per month for hosting, you really can't give them any support when they have problems or you are operating at a dead loss. So I dropped that business completely rather than either wasting my time on support for free, or getting people pissed at me because I couldn't help them.

I think business contractions are happening everywhere. I never expected I would be immune..... But fortunately my snakes are still selling well, which surprises the hell out of me. But once I sell off that business, I will need to be a bit more careful about where my money goes. If an endeavor is not at least at break even, all things considered, then it will have to go.
Unread 02-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Good luck to ya Rich. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I need to get off my lazy butt and become a paid member!
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote