The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 08-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
raidmagic

Name : Steve
raidmagic has disabled reputation
Default Got caught in the rain...with the top off...

So at lunch today I went home and figured, Hey, it's a nice day, I'll drive the car back to work. So I park in a covered spot at work and I come out and take the top off the car and can smell the rain. I figure screw it and take the top off anyway. As soon as I pull out it's sprinkling...but not bad... let's go! A little down the road it's raining a little harder...**** it...we're going for it. Now mind you look to the left and right of me it's all sunshine, just a dark cloud directly above the road I'm on. As I get closer to home it gets harder then the worst thing happens. The worst light on my ride hits red and it's raining hard enough to cause visual problems so I swing into a parking lot and comence to throw the top on.
Anyone who has ever owned a C-4 been in,on or around one...anyone who has ever seen it done knows the task of putting the top on the car.
So here I am in a parking lot it's POURING rain I have no ac (I've really been meaning to order the parts) and I'm pouring sweat. Finally I get the top on throw a pretty cool 180 to head the other way and pull back on out on the road. I get 1/4 mile down the road and guess what? No rain. That whole process because that damn light decided to change.
I'm happy to report the car didn't melt and it's in the garage all wet and happy.

Hell no I didn't dry it off.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

That rain cloud had your number......
Unread 08-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
raidmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

That rain cloud had your number......
Yea it had me. You gotta love those Florida afternoon showers
Unread 08-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Florida weather.
5 Milers or 5 minutes it'll change.
When I was a motor offiicer, I never even used to change into my dry riders unless I saw radar maps with no end in sight.

Hell, today, I turn onto Dale Mabry from Linebaugh headed north.
Look back, nothing but a solid sheet of HEAVY rain. Figure it'll catch up to me in a few minutes.

Nope, didn't come north of Busch Blvd for about 3 hours
Gotta love Florida.

Sure is good to know these things don't melt (whew!)
Hope the electronics are ok.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
palmbeachvette76

Name : Eric Dellinger
palmbeachvette76 is on a distinguished road

If it helps, your not the only one Sunday my wife and I decide to go out, enjoy summer and have lunch. The big ? is where. Ft. Lauderdale or north to Jupiter. I check the radar and all is fine. We decide to go north to Jupiter to the Crabhouse and then Square Grouper (place they shot the video for Alan Jackons "it's 5'oclock somewhere" video.

We aren't there 5 minutes and 3 gulps into a Miller Lite and I see a dark cloud. Now the 76 had the T-tops in since they leak as much water in as they do out so she is a dry day riding car. Well, it poured and poured then let up, I check my Blackberry weather radar and think we better get while the getting is good but nope it's pouring so bad and leaking inside the car, fogging up the windows (yep, no ac either) so I make my way back to the Crabhouse across from the lighthouse at Jupiter inlet and suffer through being soaked and 3 more beers until things cleared up.

Should have gone to Lauderdale, didn't rain there

http://www.youtube.com/user/carissawabo

palmbeachvette76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
raidmagic

I think all the tops leak on these older ones. Getting caught in the rain doesn't bother me it's the no A/C thing when it's 95* out and raining.