The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Performance Tuning

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Performance Tuning Beginner and advanced tuning | Tools of the trade

Unread 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

Name : Phil
Tampa Tuning is on a distinguished road
Default A couple Free Tunes in Tampa

I recently finished up taking the tuning school in Odessa. I have my HPtuners set up for unlimited tuning of 2000 C5s.
Im looking to help out a couple guys in the Tampa area with either no modifications or bolt ons to enhance my skill. Then maybe Ill move to more radical. Ill save your orginial to you come to me with, and if you dont like the work done (you'll be the first), ill upload your orginial tune.

Im doing this for free just to get better at my developing skill, and since I just moved here last year, Ill make a couple new friends.

If you want a full dyno tune to get your car to the cutting edge, Im not your guy. I you want your car to run better, Ill be more than happy to help a brother.

I have a day job, so im not in it for the money. Im just throwing out the offer to get better at tuning.

Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post
I recently finished up taking the tuning school in Odessa. I have my HPtuners set up for unlimited tuning of 2000 C5s.
Im looking to help out a couple guys in the Tampa area with either no modifications or bolt ons to enhance my skill. Then maybe Ill move to more radical. Ill save your orginial to you come to me with, and if you dont like the work done (you'll be the first), ill upload your orginial tune.

Im doing this for free just to get better at my developing skill, and since I just moved here last year, Ill make a couple new friends.

If you want a full dyno tune to get your car to the cutting edge, Im not your guy. I you want your car to run better, Ill be more than happy to help a brother.

I have a day job, so im not in it for the money. Im just throwing out the offer to get better at tuning.

Phil

Sounds like a great offer Phil and thanks for putting it out there

Don't see how it could hurt anything with the type tuning you are offering. I'm sure there are going to be some that will take you up on it. Great way to build your skill set

Sure is good to see someone doing things for the fun of it again

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

That is awesome !!!! Great way to learn a few things too !! It takes practice and willingness to learn....sounds like you got it!~

Luckily you have a job to where you dont need to make $$ off of tunes BUT as you get better you can maybe use it for extra $$...

I am sure someone will take you up on the offer.....cant hurt anything :shrug
01:

Nice to have good people left out in the world today!!!!!!!!
Seems its getting few and FAR between.

Let us know how you do
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

In the last month, Ive done three tunes locally on guys from the other corvette forum.

It's my destresser from the real world. lol

Im not professional its my bread and butter living tuner. I know my limits and what to feel better with the stock or bolt ons, before I move to Heads and Cam packages. I do have an LM-1 AFR tool, but I really want to understand it with the basics first. That's why i like taking care of the local guys. If a short time later you dont like what I changed, Stop back by and Ill change.

As I go through the process with the car's owner, I ask them if they like the last change after I scan it. If they dont, I either drop back the tune in that area or just dont change it. Thats an area I see driver's preferance is with the AT guys on how the car shifts. I like it firmer and quicker, but the owner may like it softer and later.

Its just fun for me.

I first set up my HPT for just my car 3 years ago. 2 years ago I was scanning another 2000 and accidently set up my HPT for all 2000 C5s. I burnt 6 credits. A couple months ago, I took the tuning course to get better at my car, and figured why waste knowledge, Im already set up for all
2000 C5's .
Unread 04-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post

Phil
Phil, I am your guy. I need a tune on my 2000.

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

I got your PM. Id be more than happy to help you out. Should be a fun day. Ill be un in DC next week so when I return, we'll plan a saturday or sunday. Takes about 2-4 hours. Depends on how much BSing we do about cars
I think I ask more question about other guys mods then they do of mine.
Unread 04-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
ArchetypeZ28
Alchemist

Name :
ArchetypeZ28 has disabled reputation

Hey Phil, did you post this on the other corvette forum and did another tuner try to put you down? Just curious if it's true what I heard from my friend today.
ArchetypeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

Yes,
One local tuner in Tampa must have thought while he was traveling the country tuning cars and running, Me being able to tune one year and one type of car was going to make him lose the farm

It was kind of funny because then a couple other tuners bashed him.

Right now im happy with helping guys with stock or bolt ons.

Im more than happy to help heads and cam package guys that wants to change something about their tune and dont want to go back to the shop and pay extra for it ( like if their idle drops and hunts with the A/C on, shift points and pressure, and other minor stuff), Ill be more than happy to help.

Here's my position, my neighbor has a C6 with untuned twin turbos on it. He asked me if I wanted to tune if for him. I said no. Its a little out of my level right now.

www.TAMPATUNING.com
813-727-8720

Corvette Camaro GTO CTS-v Dyno Charger and Challenger DYNO Tuning in Tampa, Brandon, St. Petersburg, Bradenton
Unread 04-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchetypeZ28 View Post
Hey Phil, did you post this on the other corvette forum and did another tuner try to put you down? Just curious if it's true what I heard from my friend today.

That is some BS !!!!

I cant believe someone would do that !! Why do people seem to think there is only ONE dyno only ONE tuner and only ONE shop?????

I just dont get it!!!!!!

Sure there are good tuners out there, GREAT tuners out there and then there are those that just seem to think they themselves are good or great tuners...

You keep doing what your doing Phil......there are people out there that do appreciate it and they cant complain when its FREE
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #10
ArchetypeZ28
Alchemist

Name :
ArchetypeZ28 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post
That is some BS !!!!

I cant believe someone would do that !! Why do people seem to think there is only ONE dyno only ONE tuner and only ONE shop?????

I just dont get it!!!!!!

Sure there are good tuners out there, GREAT tuners out there and then there are those that just seem to think they themselves are good or great tuners...

You keep doing what your doing Phil......there are people out there that do appreciate it and they cant complain when its FREE
Your good people Mrs. Xtreme

and Phil, I know whats all going on now... one tuner defending you, I know him, he is a really good guy. I think I can say that we all got your back here and I hope all goes well for you in your tuning adventures!
ArchetypeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote