The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 09-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #511
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

It's gonna be fun!!! Sounds like your in good hands.
Unread 09-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #512
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Haven't heard back from Aaron yet to see if he pulled the valve cover to check for that tapping noise. When I was out at his shop last time, I used the camcorder for the audio capabilities to capture that tapping noise. The camcorder does a much better job of "hearing" that sort of thing than my own naked ears can.

Addendum: I just got off the phone with Aaron and he found the problem. The exhaust rocker arms were tapping against the valve cover ever so slightly. Not enough to make even much of a mark, as at first glance, Aaron didn't even see the mark. But at closer inspection he noted the tiny marks being made. So simply by removing a slight bit of metal from the valve cover fixed that problem. He will check out the passenger side as well, as more than likely the same problem will exist on that side as well. Man, I'm glad it was nothing more serious.

Last edited by Rich Z; 09-29-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #513
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

That's great news Rich. It's about time you had some on this build. I didn't find any of my parts out at the shop today. Spent some time when I got home to order a new mass Air Flow Sensor,knock sensors,o2 sensors,harmonic balancer bolt. $$$$$$$$ are flying by my eyes.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #514
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I just got off the phone with Aaron and he found the problem. The exhaust rocker arms were tapping against the valve cover ever so slightly.
Great news! Hope you get nothing but that now that it's at the new shop. I just think your car was pissed being at the other shop. She'll be happy now and fully cooperate to get back on the road in one fantastic, asphalt ripping, piece. That car probably actually protected you from even worse grief later down the road.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #515
Rich Z

Aaron is planning on taking my car out on the road to do some driveability testing and tuning on it today. Then if all goes well, it will be put on the dyno tomorrow. He says there is a light at the end of the tunnel now.
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #516
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Whoo hooo! See, your car was actually looking out for you...now she's happy!
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #517
vetteguy61

That's great news Rich. Sure hope the tests go well and you will have your car back in a day or so.

My car is stuck in the tunnel.
Unread 09-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #518
Rich Z

Things didn't go as planned for Aaron. He said he went to take it for a test drive but didn't even get out of his driveway. First the steering pump was whining like crazy. Evidently Chris never put any fluid in it. Then he said that there were strange clunks like some of the suspension was loose. I know that at least the rear sway bars never got tightened down. Was like that for a good month or so before the car got yanked out of there. And certainly the wheels were not aligned as Chris had stated to me. Aaron also said that the front sway bars were somehow getting in the way of the steering arms, and wasn't sure what was up with that. Had to reroute a brake line that was physically rubbing on a half shaft. Stuff like that.....

So yeah, I've been expecting that Aaron will find quite a bit of stuff that just never got done as was claimed, or else was done in a less than professional manner.

He wants to get the car flatbedded to an alignment shop so he can put it on the road, so that isn't going to happen till early next week.

I'd REALLY like to know what Chris was actually doing with all the time he said he was putting the work into my car and saying my car would be done "next week".
Unread 09-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #519
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Told ya bud, if he ever did finish the car it would come back all half assed just like it did.

He doesn't do anything, he just texts on his phone all the time and thinks of ways to lie to people.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #520
vetteguy61

Hey Rich any word from Aaron on when your car will be ready? Forgot to ask you at the meeting yesterday.

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports