The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 03-31-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Boggie

Name : Mike bersick
Boggie is on a distinguished road
Default Local support needed

Just registered as a first time owner with a sad situation. Sorry if I'm injecting myself into a stream, but I bow in humiliation and ignorance of the site, O Wise Ones. I'm second owner, 1981 Bowling Green machine. Necessity drove me to a local merchant about a mile away that is not Corvette specially. As it developed, I needed valve work done, following a carb rebuild and shorty headers. After bringing it home, driving it for several, an associate said there was a knock. Took back to merchant who promptly said "Yep! See ya" I need a corvette person in my area to share their wisdom concerning the problem. Help. any suggestion. I've invested $$$$ and would hate to...@31%34 it.
Boggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sorry, I moved your post to where I thought it would be more appropriate.

But as for your situation, hard to say if the mechanic is at fault. Could be something he did, or could just be coincidence. If he DID do something, you will never be able to get him to admit it. People with that much honesty are rarer than hen's teeth. I had a guy who worked on my C5Z try to claim that the washer that wound up a cylinder was the guy who worked on it previously's fault. Even though that was 6 months ago.

Unfortunately it's a dog eat dog world out there, and we always seem to be the little dog.
Unread 04-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
Boggie

Name : Mike bersick
Boggie is on a distinguished road

thanks and moving post is never a problem when you are new to things. Not looking for blame as what direction to go. Arte there additional diagnostics before I move the car. They have had trhe car for 3 months working a variety of things from interior to exhaust, so they are intimate with it. Just suggestion. Thanks again. Mike
Boggie is offline   Reply With Quote