The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 02-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #21
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default Few hundred no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I just looked at your profile. Looks like we come from about the same time in history. Can I borrow a few hundred horse power?
Always carry a few extra in my pocket. Never know when I'm going to need some extra. LOL

Oh yes, here's a pic of my 1963 Z06 X Yenko driven at Sebring and Daytona.
Miss the ole girl, but she's in good hands now too.
Enjoy
Attached Images

spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

That would be THE car to have today. Very nice. I remember Bo Laws but I just Googled it and learned a bunch. Didn't know the 1/4 mile times were guaranteed and didn't know they financed them.

http://www.officialbaldwinmotion.com/history.htm
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #23
NOT A TA

Name :
NOT A TA has disabled reputation

Very cool car! What were the lights on the roof for?
NOT A TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:30 AM   #24
larrybroga
Vett'n since 1961

Name : Larry Broga
larrybroga is on a distinguished road

Bob,
Your website is great! I will try and make some of your races at either Sunshine or Bradenton and we can do some bench racing.

Growing old is inevitable !
Growing up is optional !!!!
larrybroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #25
spiceman

Name :
Default lights on roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
Very cool car! What were the lights on the roof for?
Well my friend, back in 1965 racing head set's were not quite known of.
In my case, there were 3 light's on the roof to let the pit crew know that the car was coming in the pits for gas, tires, repairs . Red , Amber, and Green.

This Corvette by the way sold a few years back at Barrett Jackson auction
for 800K to Sachs. Since then Larry Sachs the present owner has done a beautiful ground up resto, most likely another 200K, and the car currently has a NCRS value at 1.4 mill.
My brother and I sold it for 75K back in 1988.
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #26
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceman View Post
In my case, there were 3 light's on the roof to let the pit crew know that the car was coming in the pits for gas, tires, repairs . Red , Amber, and Green.

for 800K to Sachs. Since then Larry Sachs the present owner has done a beautiful ground up resto, most likely another 200K, and the car currently has a NCRS value at 1.4 mill.
Spice, how about some background info? Your history with BoLaws. I am so glad I started this thread and some of you guys would popped up.
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #27
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybroga View Post
Bob,
Your website is great! I will try and make some of your races at either Sunshine or Bradenton and we can do some bench racing.
Thanks Larry. I did the website for friends and family. Now you pretty much know me and what I do. I do have to pay close attention to my schedule because the memory isn't what it used to be. Did you read about my Panuzzo Award? John Paniuzzo is a retired cop and a good friend. His son was killed in a high speed auto accident. I don't know how many times he's told me how much he appreciates my little blip about John Jr on my site. That is reason enough for the site.

I'm also having issues with the car as the EBCM is bad and they can't get to it until next week. I could fix it but it's under warranty. I have to launch from idle because if I get it up on the converter the timing drops to -6 and it gets ugly. I will be at Bradenton this month and I'll give you a shout.

I just cannot comprehend you quit racing.
Unread 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #28
larrybroga
Vett'n since 1961

Name : Larry Broga
larrybroga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceman View Post

'88-$75K '10-$1.4Mill WOW !!!!!
What's that old saying about hind sight? We would all be billionaires if had kept the cars of our past !!

Growing old is inevitable !
Growing up is optional !!!!
larrybroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #29
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybroga View Post
'88-$75K '10-$1.4Mill WOW !!!!!
What's that old saying about hind sight? We would all be billionaires if had kept the cars of our past !!
Hey Larry, I am so much looking forward to meeting you. A blast from the past! I bought a new 1969 Mustang Mach 1 and then I ordered the '70 Mustang for racing. Like you said, hind sight would have been great.

Good to see you visiting more often. If we could get a bunch of drag racers in here maybe Rich would give us our own forum.
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #30
spiceman

Name :
Default Well Bob, what kind of history and how far back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Spice, how about some background info? Your history with BoLaws. I am so glad I started this thread and some of you guys would popped up.
My history with Bo goes back to 1968 when at the time he had the 67 BB coupe and the 1968 Conv. w/ removeable HRDTP BB.
As the article you have the link attached reads.......Bo's Corvettes were unstopable, and smashed one record after another up and down the east coast NHRA records winning him the championships titles as well.
Bo's a Orlando fella, his son Michael, and daughter Carol work their tales off at BLP Products and the business is still located at the corner of Westmoreland and Church st, Orlando. At my last count Bo had 5 CNC mills running up to 50 tools each, his flow benches, and so forth. EVERYTHING to mill racing engines from slab's of aluminum block.
They have a sizeable catalog of race parts, they still build championship drag and Road racing engines, and new Dyno Technology that even NASCAR leases and uses for tech-ing.
Bo and wife Barbara are doing fine, he maybe in his early 70's but brother he get's around like he's still 20 behind the wheel and away from the wheel.
I am sponcering him for the 2012 Corvette Hall of Fame induction.
Bo already in the NHRA hall of Fame, and the Holley Carberators sponcered Performance of a Life Time Acheivement Hall of Fame inductee.
The thing with Motion Performance taking credit for Bo's speed records of his using their parts is bunk in my opinion, and really quite the opposite in truth.
But, that's typical Joel Rosen.
I was with Bo this past Dec. 9th, and presented Bo with a 1/18 exact scale copy of his record setting 67 BB Corvette Model, at a special dinner occassion. Proud to be Great friends, great family, business is still going strong after all these years.
If your going to race against the best, and a dead seriuos racer, then having Bo's years and years of experience is a must.

Last edited by spiceman; 02-04-2010 at 09:03 AM.